Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-type very nearly no Sound

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 10:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default X-type very nearly no Sound

Okay here goes…
I bought my x-type last weekend I got £200 knocked of the price due to the radio not working, I was told the radio worked fine until it had a flat battery being sat for about 5 weeks (Tax run out) and they started it with ‘booster pack’ no problems during this week starting that’s all right!
But I have been rummaging around here all week following bits of tips and advice to no avail.
There is hardly any sound from my speakers, I say hardly because if I sit inside with no engine running turn radio up full, squint with one eye, I can just hear the music very faintly as opposed to nothing at all, coming from the speakers same with CD.
what doesn’t help is I cant tell if I have the basic system or the premium. Reading on here the basic has 4 speakers no amp, the premium has 10 speakers, amp but bigger screen.
I have 10 speakers 2 in each door and 2 in parcel shelf.
amp in boot, cd multi in boot but no big screen on radio.
Following information found in here I have removed the head unit complete, unplugged everything, connected back up, entered 4pin code. Unplugged everything from amp & Cd changer and plugged back in. in case anything especially the fibre was loose. All with no joy. Mute is off checked on steering and confirmed on screen.
Any ideas?
Do I just get another amp from fleabay and swop or will I need to take to main dealer to recode the ‘new’ amp.
If I have to funds permitting I will get a replacement head unit, with Bluetooth built in, possibly sat nav. But I think from reading on here that I will have to replace the amp, remove the cd changer. Not a problem and I think I will need the adapter to connect the steering controls. Doing this way do I have to goto main dealer for anything or is it just buy head unit, amp and fit.
Can I use the existing wiring to the speakers/ amp or am I better to start the wiring again from the new head unit?
I apologise for all the questions but it has been years since I was able to ‘work’ on my car due to having company van/ car. Back in the days without computers/ fibre running everything! Much easier to throw in any head unit any amp and turn them up. J

Attached Thumbnails X-type very nearly no Sound-03-x-type.jpg  
Old 11-29-2013, 06:31 AM
Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts

Do you have sound from the tweeters and the bass drum in the back? You probably have blown mains. That is so common the the X Type its not funny.
If thats the case go to your local car stereo place and get a set of Panasonics fitted. I did that and have been happy ever since.
Good luck.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Just as an update for anyone else with same problem,
I bit the bullet and bought replacement Amp off ebay, £150 easy swop over and works great. I have loud sounds