X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XJR Shark Vents and Better Pics of the CarPC Jag

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'll be in Vegas April 19th... Because I live here.

Beers/cars/womenz not in that order.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:28 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by exexpat
chknhwk and jaggyx your posts are missing something, not sure what though...
Um, this better? LOLZ

Old 08-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to revive an old thread but...

Exexpat, how did you end up solving the small gap problem on your shark vents?
They say imitation is the best form of flattery and I fully intend to do this mod to my X!! :-D
(so if you fancy giving me any pointers on how to fit them, I'd be hugely appreciative)

Did you consider swapping your wing mirrors to the later 2009 ones with built in side repeaters to avoid cutting the vents or was it just as easy to cut them to fit?

Thanks,
Kris

Old 08-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Krisfx
Sorry to revive an old thread but...

Exexpat, how did you end up solving the small gap problem on your shark vents?
They say imitation is the best form of flattery and I fully intend to do this mod to my X!! :-D
(so if you fancy giving me any pointers on how to fit them, I'd be hugely appreciative)

Did you consider swapping your wing mirrors to the later 2009 ones with built in side repeaters to avoid cutting the vents or was it just as easy to cut them to fit?

Thanks,
Kris
I actually grafted in slivers of ABS to the leading front edge of the vents. They follow the body line of the fender. No, I hadn't considered the mirror caps - although that or the vents with built-in sidemarkers would be ideal. I wasn't looking to spend a ton of money - it was a bit of an experiment to be honest.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:18 AM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

UFO's ate my Cow? I guess they left you a killer Jag in its place. Major propps on such a clean machine. As for the shark gill, I'd say it interrupts the natural lines a little. Cool idea, I would simply redesign it with curves to match the wheel well. Btw, The rims are beautiful. I did a little sketch thing.
Name:  sharkfin.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  46.9 KB

Old 08-29-2010, 02:34 AM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Sorry, that's ExPat's car, I was reading this thread and I looked up and saw a reposted pic by UFO about the side fin thing.. Anyway, yeah!

Old 08-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Patterson
UFO's ate my Cow? I guess they left you a killer Jag in its place. Major propps on such a clean machine. As for the shark gill, I'd say it interrupts the natural lines a little. Cool idea, I would simply redesign it with curves to match the wheel well. Btw, The rims are beautiful. I did a little sketch thing.
Good luck with making that. I think I will keep what I have.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Patterson
Sorry, that's ExPat's car, I was reading this thread and I looked up and saw a reposted pic by UFO about the side fin thing.. Anyway, yeah!
If you make that I'll buy it!

Old 08-29-2010, 05:48 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by aluni2230
If you make that I'll buy it!
The market size for such an item would about 10 in the entire world

You're better off trying to make your own out of fiberglass.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Expat...all said and done what did the vent run ya from the dealer..and are the able to be put on 'do it yo self style'

Old 08-31-2010, 02:36 PM

The market size for such an item would about 10 in the entire world
No... 10 people would say they want it but only 2 or 3 would actually cough up the dough.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:08 PM

HAHA Bush is a idiot!!!
Im confused as can be lol, one second im reading about vents then im reading about breakfast and looking at random pics of nice cars then about rain and so on hahaha...
Good stuff!

Old 08-31-2010, 10:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ufoz8mycow
No... 10 people would say they want it but only 2 or 3 would actually cough up the dough.
So true. I used to think vwpoortex had the cheapest forum crowd, but the x-type forums definitely give them a run.

I realize this is because most on here are reactively searching for problem fixes, whereas VWs must be comparatively higher quality/more reliable with more enthusiasts also wanting to modify them.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:57 PM

So true. I used to think vwpoortex had the cheapest forum crowd, but the x-type forums definitely give them a run.

I realize this is because most on here are reactively searching for problem fixes, whereas VWs must be comparatively higher quality/more reliable with more enthusiasts also wanting to modify them.
The NICO forums were pretty notorious for ridiculous lowballers too.. I had a guy legitimately offer $700 for a set of Volks that I was selling for $1750 (already a steal). Even worse, he got all butt hurt about it when I laughed in his face (and by laughed in his face I mean I put a bunch of ROFL smilies in my response).

Oh well.. I like having one of only a handful of decently modded X Types.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:03 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

True. Most jag owners just tend to take their car to the dealer to fix things. Whereas forums tend to attract the Do it yourself-ers. Also, most x types are 2002-2004 models as far as I can tell. I thought my 06 manufactured x type was old! But not on the x type forum

Old 09-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Thumbs down missing posts..lol

I have been noticing people have been posting,,and they dissapear..lol,guess some of the replie's dont make the cut huh.Most of the missing posts are Q's about modding,and advive on modding.Is there an admin out there who decide's on content or what?.This is the first I've seen this on this site.would have been nice to have mine,and I'm sure everyone else's comment replied to with usueful information.hopefully I'm wrong and these are anomalie's?.anyway, sorry about the rant but ,if this site has been so good to me so far ...why the cold shoulder..?Still lovin jag forums,but confused

Old 09-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

What's this front end off of, I gotta say I like that lower grill package.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:40 PM

think its off a s type 2005..not sure if its the r pkg lol,,but i know i've seen em on those S's

Old 09-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by IrishXtype
I have been noticing people have been posting,,and they dissapear..lol,guess some of the replie's dont make the cut huh.Most of the missing posts are Q's about modding,and advive on modding.Is there an admin out there who decide's on content or what?.This is the first I've seen this on this site.would have been nice to have mine,and I'm sure everyone else's comment replied to with usueful information.hopefully I'm wrong and these are anomalie's?.anyway, sorry about the rant but ,if this site has been so good to me so far ...why the cold shoulder..?Still lovin jag forums,but confused
It's a conspiracy at the highest level.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:41 AM

Big brother s alway's watching.on a lighter note,,that X is sick.I'm sure you'll have a host of copycat's with that venting deal.I was looking into it my self and have decided on something i havent seen yet,I'll post pics soon.On a diffrent note..anyone ever covered chrome with vynal,,how did ya prep the surface..thinking about a vynal grill job,so if i dont like it ..see ya later.Any thought's

Quick Reply: XJR Shark Vents and Better Pics of the CarPC Jag