XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Comments by Others on your Jag

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Comments by Others on your Jag

I'm just curious on what others have experienced in day-to-day life with their XE's and the comments by other passersby's.

I am so glad I chose the Jag not only for the styling but the fact that this car is rare in my area, so it gets a ton of double takes and strained necks. Almost on a daily basis when tootling around town I have numerous people come up to me and say, damn that's a nice car and want to more about it.

Funny story from this weekend. My wife was dropping off our weekly dry cleaning and some guy came into the dry cleaners and said, 'Is that your car?'. Her first thought was OMG what happened (LOL). As it turned out he has a XE model from a few years back and just admired the XES and the new features. He owns one of the stores in the strip mall. I just find it funny that someone would track an owner down in another store just to ask about the car, pretty cool. Later that day I was driving down the road, doing about 40+ and some couple in a crossover pulled along side and the guy shouted out the window, 'Damn that's a nice car'. Kind of caught me off guard, but me an my wife that that was pretty damn cool.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:52 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

there is already another thread on here about this and what the car was mistaken for.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:29 AM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

No verbal comments, but this still made me smile:

On my birthday recently, I had parked my XE under some small trees along a residential sidewalk, and just sat and relaxed before heading to catch a train.
Along comes a 20-ish woman wearing lace shorts, walking a labradoodle and carrying her cell phone.
She suddenly takes a left turn, and tells the dog to "sit--sit--stay", right in the space between the back of my XE and the car parked behind me.
I thought "NO WAY, is she going to try to make her dog drop a pile right behind my 25T!"
Nope... she lined herself up to "Pose" for a selfie against the rear of my car. I watched her--she needed a lot of time and tries to fit enough of the leaper logo, and the open moonroof into the shot with her. Edged away a bit, nope, backed up closer to my boot (trunk for us yanks), then CLOSER to the boot---
I don't know exactly what I would have said to her if her pretty, laced-shorts fanny SCRATCHED MY PAINT, GRRRR!!... but it would not have been polite words coming out of my mouth, I have to admit.

Fortunately she didn't touch the car.

Should I consider the incident a bad omen of things to come, or a compliment on my birthday?

Last edited by NewLester de Rocin; 09-12-2017 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I have had a few Jaguar fans think my XE was an XF.

I bought the XE solely on the lines/scale of car and touted suspension & electric steering innovation. XF and XJ were just too big for me coming out of a Lotus Evora. Now I am use to regular size car and may've picked an XJ if in the same situation today.

Well actually I am not driving the XE much as my girlfriend took it over as her daily driver.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Well actually I am not driving the XE much as my girlfriend took it over as her daily driver.
GOSH-DARN-IT…. The women in our lives always poke fun with their girlfriends about how senseless and silly we “guys” are in our machine and gadget lives… Yet those same women in our lives always see when we’ve chosen something good, and they are quick to ****** it from us so they can hog it for themselves.
Those darned wome--- wha? Yes, honey? No, I wasn’t chatting on the website about you again—I was just—No. OUch—

….sorry guys, I have to leave now.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:48 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NewLester de Rocin
No verbal comments, but this still made me smile:

On my birthday recently, I had parked my XE under some small trees along a residential sidewalk, and just sat and relaxed before heading to catch a train.
Along comes a 20-ish woman wearing lace shorts, walking a labradoodle and carrying her cell phone.
She suddenly takes a left turn, and tells the dog to "sit--sit--stay", right in the space between the back of my XE and the car parked behind me.
I thought "NO WAY, is she going to try to make her dog drop a pile right behind my 25T!"
Nope... she lined herself up to "Pose" for a selfie against the rear of my car. I watched her--she needed a lot of time and tries to fit enough of the leaper logo, and the open moonroof into the shot with her. Edged away a bit, nope, backed up closer to my boot (trunk for us yanks), then CLOSER to the boot---
I don't know exactly what I would have said to her if her pretty, laced-shorts fanny SCRATCHED MY PAINT, GRRRR!!... but it would not have been polite words coming out of my mouth, I have to admit.

Fortunately she didn't touch the car.

Should I consider the incident a bad omen of things to come, or a compliment on my birthday?

But did you get her number???????

Old 09-13-2017, 09:01 AM

At the risk of getting myself kicked off the forum for chauvinism, I have to say I didn’t. I’ve been living in NY way too long, and, well… the ladies here are not the most emotionally pleasant and reliable gals in the US.

...Now on the other hand, there was this girl Tucson I met who--- oh nevermind. Let’s just say I’ve become finicky and more selective as I got older.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by oldpunk
But did you get her number???????
XE has a back seat...

Old 09-13-2017, 11:08 AM
KC-
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm from Chicago area as well. I guess where I live there are plenty of nice cars so it doesn't seem to get too much attention, at least I don't notice it!

I did take it on a road trip however and out in the middle of nowheres it did get a lot more attention in the gas stations and what not

Apart from people I know, I have not had a stranger come up to me a mention anything. I don't mind that at all

Old 09-14-2017, 08:30 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm relatively young and was with a girl in the back of my car watching Rick and Morty when a cop came behind me and lights and started the questioning.

He kept asking if it was my car because it seemed like he wanted me to say it was my parents and that I am a spoiled kid. Felt pretty good

Old 09-15-2017, 08:10 AM
KC-
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by steel12
I'm relatively young and was with a girl in the back of my car watching Rick and Morty when a cop came behind me and lights and started the questioning.

He kept asking if it was my car because it seemed like he wanted me to say it was my parents and that I am a spoiled kid. Felt pretty good
Really? I would feel pretty offended if that happened to me and I am 23

Old 09-15-2017, 09:55 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KC-
Really? I would feel pretty offended if that happened to me and I am 23
It was nice because I grew up poor so I never had anything anyone considered me spoiled for. I was the one calling others spoiled to protect my own ego from jealousy. So it was cool. He also didn't make the girl get out of the car and didn't make us leave.

​​​

Old 09-17-2017, 02:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the compliments directed toward my XE have to do with the color. The BRG really stops people in their tracks, especially in a world of white, gray and silver Audis here in Utah

Old 09-17-2017, 05:22 AM
Received 193 Likes on 169 Posts

Not an XE but when out and about in my '99 XJR consecutive days as I was getting into or out of the car I was complimented on the car, doesn't happen when I'm in the wife's Mazda 6, wonder why

Old 09-18-2017, 07:35 AM
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by steel12
"watching Rick and Morty"...is that what you kids are calling it these days? So hard to keep up with the new slang....

Old 09-18-2017, 01:33 PM

Same here in NYC. Green is a color most owners here choose for their econo-bug or similar car you’re sending your daughter to the college campus with (because she needs a run-about, and you know she’s going to ding the thing all up).

Green on car around here is RARE, and green on a luxury performance car is ULTRA rare.

And you won’t be seeing any change of this in the immediate future----Green is no longer included in the color options for the new XEs. So consider your BRG Jaguar a collector’s item in Utah.

The following users liked this post:
guppydriver (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by NewLester de Rocin
Same here in NYC. Green is a color most owners here choose for their econo-bug or similar car you’re sending your daughter to the college campus with (because she needs a run-about, and you know she’s going to ding the thing all up).

Green on car around here is RARE, and green on a luxury performance car is ULTRA rare.

And you won’t be seeing any change of this in the immediate future----Green is no longer included in the color options for the new XEs. So consider your BRG Jaguar a collector’s item in Utah.

I agree! The new green I see is a neon like green on small Mazdas/ Civics and such. I do see some "kryptonite" like green on ultra high performance cars in magazines that are being sold (MB AMG, BENTLEY), but NOTHING like a metallic green that sparkles in the sun and looks black in the dark. People tell me it looks very rich. I hope a BRG always remains an option somewhere in the JLR arsenal.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member

We got a '17 LR Discovery Sport HSE as a loaner while XE is in for its annual and rim repair. It's a sparkling green that is quite nice. Color code I think is "A Green"?

Old 09-19-2017, 12:38 PM

Ah yes. Aintree green. If you use the configurator on LR website, some of their higher end vehicles have up to three green options. I wish I could see them all and compare them to the Jag BRG. Heck, one is like a $5000 option or something like that.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by guppydriver
Ah yes. Aintree green. If you use the configurator on LR website, some of their higher end vehicles have up to three green options. I wish I could see them all and compare them to the Jag BRG. Heck, one is like a $5000 option or something like that.
Would have to see the Aintree and BRG side by side, but in when I had XK I am pretty sure I like the Aintree Green better than the BRG offered at that time in the XK. I wish JLR would stick the same color names for more than a season or two!

The following users liked this post:
NewLester de Rocin (09-20-2017)