XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Door closing - rattle

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Door closing - rattle

Does anyone have any rattling noise closing the door? my driver side front door makes a rattle when I close it. Since it was not aligned properly to begin with (I showed pictures in another thread) I thought it was related but the noise is starting to annoy me more then I would like and I started to fish around. I tried closing all other doors and do not hear this noise. Today I started to bang slightly on the inside panels just to see if its the door or maybe panel and was able to replicate a similar noise banging next to the door handle. To make it more interesting there is a similar noise on passenger side when I bang in the same general area but its not as loud and there is no noise from closing the door. I know it maybe nonsense to some but it is very annoying to me and I feel like I should ask the dealer to fix this. After my last visit I feel like they will just say there is nothing they can do about it. I could try recording it but not sure how it would come out in a video.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:11 AM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

No rattle.

I had a bad habit of slamming doors and trunk (way harder than I needed to) when I first got the XE.

If a rattle was normal in the door, I'd be hearing it by now.

I know there are a quite a few interesting electronic modules mounted inside some of the door assemblies. There's always a theory that a cable or unit might be tapping something else and causing that rattle.

But that's just theory...

Old 03-09-2017, 08:38 PM
Received 316 Likes on 243 Posts

I have come across quite a few rattles in the drivers door when closing, even closing softly, this was mostly on the XF, however the XE is a similar set up. It was the cables on the window regulator that were rattling against each other, I just wrapped a piece of foam around it, noise gone. It could be something else, so you may need to take the door panel off and have a look.