XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

ECU Tune for 25t

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU Tune for 25t

Any tuners have an ECU tune for the 2017 25t XE?
If so, what kind of increase numbers should be expected?

Thank you.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 875 Posts

Is that the ecoboost engine or the new igenium one? There are a few doing the ecoboost engine. Paramount says boosts of about 35bhp. TMC Motorsport have one as well, and I think Velocity AP (who participate in these forums) either have one or are doing one.

I dont know if you have the car yet, but they are pretty quick and responsive especially when driven in dynamic mode (which really does improve the performance as a "sporty" car). If I was allowed by my wife to modify hers, it would be the exhaust before the engine, and you might pick up a couple of hp there anyway.

The following users liked this post:
cr500 (02-04-2017)
Old 02-04-2017, 02:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Is that the ecoboost engine or the new igenium one? There are a few doing the ecoboost engine. Paramount says boosts of about 35bhp. TMC Motorsport have one as well, and I think Velocity AP (who participate in these forums) either have one or are doing one.

I dont know if you have the car yet, but they are pretty quick and responsive especially when driven in dynamic mode (which really does improve the performance as a "sporty" car). If I was allowed by my wife to modify hers, it would be the exhaust before the engine, and you might pick up a couple of hp there anyway.
I will look into some of these ECU tuning companies as well. While I thought about different exhausts, I wonder how the turbo 4s will sound with a less restrictive exhaust? Will they sound too revvy or like a hotted up Hyundai 4 cylinder?
I have heard the 6s sound great with a better exhaust but I would like to listen to an aftermarket exhaust on a 4 pot before going for one. I see Mountune list different intercoolers and intake plumbing for the Ford engine, do you know who makes these for the Jag engine?

Old 02-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Veteran Member

I'm not sure though one of the english manufacturers (eg Paramount) would be worth contacting because the cars have been out in the UK for over 18 months now.

The 25T engine note is a bit odd. When you turn the car on it sounds a little like a diesel - I nearly **** when it came off the truck because I thought they had delivered a diesel by mistake. But then from outside when it sets off it sounds gruff, quite nice. But from the inside when you crank it up it sounds a bit buzzy, like you have teased a very small dog. Again, I'd look at what people have done in the UK to that or the Evoque that runs the same engine, see eg Jaguar XE Forums - Performance upgrades for 25t 240ps?

Have fun! These are brilliant cars. Most journalists in Oz thought the 25T was a little better balanced than the 6 (I'm not good enough to pick the handling difference, I loved the 6 as well), it nearly got our car of the year.

cr500 (02-04-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 12:01 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, the 25t feels a lot quicker than what the numbers say... That's why I'm holding off on a tune for a while. First things I want to do are exhaust and new rims.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:05 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by babyjag91
Yeah, the 25t feels a lot quicker than what the numbers say... That's why I'm holding off on a tune for a while. First things I want to do are exhaust and new rims.
It is not the first time I have heard it said that the power of the 25T feels more than numbers would indicate and looking at the acceleration times versus the 20T makes me wonder even more so if the output is actually more than the 177kw they claim? Some have mentioned the engine feeling more powerful in sports mode, could the ECU be boosting things up a little more than the fuel efficient normal mode?

Old 02-07-2017, 04:01 PM

I'm taking her in for her first service on V-Day (spending the day with the love of my life ). I'll make a video of the acceleration in the different modes the day after when I'm off.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Veteran Member

I've had ours for a few days (took it in for a service yesterday for my missus and then decided I dont want to part with it so she has the f type). In sport and dynamic, this car flies. 30kph easy in first, about 80 in second, I am going through a big roundabout on the way into work faster than I would in the f type, but it just feels like to would be almost impossible to lose control. The balance is awesome and I'd think that from 0 - 80kph it would be pretty much as quick as the f type V6S.

I would be very surprised if the 0 - 100kph times (when you are in sport plus dynamic) are over 5.5 seconds. It really needs to be a bit louder though so that the engine is telling you when to change gears, rather than looking at the HUD or the dash.

Old 03-19-2017, 12:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had ours for a few days (took it in for a service yesterday for my missus and then decided I dont want to part with it so she has the f type). In sport and dynamic, this car flies. 30kph easy in first, about 80 in second, I am going through a big roundabout on the way into work faster than I would in the f type, but it just feels like to would be almost impossible to lose control. The balance is awesome and I'd think that from 0 - 80kph it would be pretty much as quick as the f type V6S.

I would be very surprised if the 0 - 100kph times (when you are in sport plus dynamic) are over 5.5 seconds. It really needs to be a bit louder though so that the engine is telling you when to change gears, rather than looking at the HUD or the dash.
When driving with sport + dynamic, do you feel that the engine break from the downshifts, from 4th - 3rd and esp from 3rd - 2nd, being too overly exaggerated?(like a new driver who's unsure of the brake pressure).
My drive preference is sport + tracdsc. I love how dynamic allow a better rev range, but the braking is killing the drive, for me.

Old 03-19-2017, 03:03 AM
Veteran Member

I think that is a characteristic of how Jag sets the 8 speed gearbox. It is the same in the F Type. When I first got the f type it was unsettling to have so much engine braking, a bit like a DCT, but once I got used to it I love it, especially on twisty roads. All that it means is that you have to be ready to accelerate when downshifting, and keep the revs up a bit. The 6 speed in my earlier Jags didnt exhibit it anywhere near as much, there was very little gear to gear engine braking.

Fair2 (03-25-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 06:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Brucethequail. Seems like i got to put in more mileage in order to adapt with the dynamic mode's braking style. It's true that it didnt bother me as much when engaged in a more spirited drive.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:01 AM

Any update on ECU tunes?

Old 04-12-2017, 11:58 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Well, we know now that the 2.0L turbo ingenium can be tuned to near 300hp... the 2018 entry level F-type will run this same engine in a higher state of tune. In theory you should be able to flash that tune into the XE with just a little modification.

In reality, you may see the aftermarket releasing their own tunes before they get their hands on a 2018 F-type though... but at least you know what the 2.0L turbo engine is capable of.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:02 PM

Hmm... the one I have in my 25t is a 2.0L Ecoboost I'm almost certain. That's the same engine in the Focus ST that pushes out 300 hp. So in theory, it should be easy to get this one up there with the ingenium.