XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Headlight variation and removing the yellow from headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 03:29 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by superdynamic
Purchased the Philips Xtreme vision 130% after seeing your posts and your image above. I was looking for something a bit more brighter. Hopefully its not just a whiter version of the oem bulbs and has some extra visibility.
I want something whiter and brighter personally.

Any ideas?

Old 11-20-2017, 08:18 AM
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by steel12
I want something whiter and brighter personally.

Any ideas?
Looks like he got the xtremevision 130, which is about 30 pct brighter.

Phillips also makes a +100 version too...100 Pct brighter, which I installed and is bright as heck.

Try those. I put a link to them earlier in this thread. About $60.00. And the light spectrum is white, not blue.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:09 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone successfully changed both the outer (H7) and inner (H15) halogen bulbs?? There seem to be many options for the outer bulbs including choices from Philips and Sylvania. However, a search to replace the inner (H15) bulb only gives me a couple of simple replacement options with no brightness/color choices.

Also, how difficult is it to replace the inner bulb?

Old 04-04-2018, 02:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Find anything better?

Hey Steel did you find any better options? I simply can't stand the yellow headlights any longer

Old 04-13-2018, 12:21 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The "Definitive" Guide to Jaguar XE Halogen Headlight Replacement

Hi guys,

I am bored on a Friday at work and there doesn’t seem to be any activity on the forum so I will provide you with the definitive guide to replacing the halogen bulbs on your Jaguar XE. Some of the info that can be found on previous posts in this thread is either slightly ambiguous or not entirely correct.

Let’s clarify bulb types for the Jaguar XE:
•Halogen Low Beam: H7
•Halogen High Beam / Daytime Running: H15 (Dual filament)
Source:
Jaguar Owner Information

To replace your halogen LOW BEAM BULBS (the outermost bulbs closest to your sideview mirrors), follow the instructions listed below. This is the easier of the two replacements, requiring you to access the bulb from inside the wheel well of the car.
Jaguar Owner Information

To replace your halogen HIGH BEAM/DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS (DRL) (the halogen bulbs closer to the center of the car), follow these instructions listed below. This is a more involved process as it requires accessing the bulb by removing and refitting the car’s air cleaner boxes.
Jaguar Owner Information

I’ve done some research on different replacement halogen bulbs and have found that Sylvania (Osram in non-US countries) and Philips are some of the best options. The following link is a great YouTube page that reviews and compares various halogen bulbs:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsg...KojFmuA/videos

I have personally replaced the H7 bulbs in my car with the Sylvania H7 SilverStar Ultra Halogen Headlight Bulb, which I purchased at Advance Auto Parts for $53.99 (USD). This bulb is slightly whiter and about 30% brighter than the existing low beam.

In the pursuit to find a dual filament H15 halogen bulb, there really aren’t any options that provide any brighter or whiter light than the ones provided by Jaguar. Anything I’ve found through Sylvania, Osram or Philips are equivalent replacement bulbs. Osram does make a cool blue H15 bulb not sold in the US but I suspect this bulb would result in a blue color that is not as bright as the existing bulb. I’m hoping someone can suggest a great H15 halogen bulb that I have yet to come across.

**Note, brighter, whiter halogen bulbs usually have a somewhat shorter lifespan than the ones that come with the car.

As far as I have found, the only other alternative to halogen bulb replacement is an HID lighting kit. Though these HID bulbs typically provide much better brightness, color and longevity, my understanding is that they can be blinding to oncoming drivers as well as set off some of the warnings in the car due to their very low power consumption.

Let’s keep this thread going so we can get the best look and performance out of our halogen headlights.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Phillips diamond vision

Just installed Phillips Diamond Vision for the lowbeams (H7). Highly recommended so far. Nice and white with NO yellow and a slight blue. I've only been running them for a week but satisfied so far

Old 04-20-2018, 10:59 PM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

FYI, don't bother trying to replace the stock halogen headlamps with xenon headlamps. Jaguar uses different wiring harnesses depending on what came with the car from the factory. For example, after hitting a deer in my F-Type S, the body shop mistakenly replaced the xenon headlamp that came with the car with another xenon headlamp that had a cornering lamp. The light wouldn't come up and there wasn't any warning on the instrument panel. Turned out that the plug for the headlamp looked the same but my harness didn't have the same number of terminals and/or what terminals were in the plug had a different sequence. I suspect the same may be true for all new Jags. Lexus does the same thing in late models - install a wiring harness that is unique to the features installed at the factory.

Old 04-22-2018, 03:02 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default LED conversion kit

Has anyone ever tried these conversion kits?

https://www.amazon.com/OPT7-Fluxbeam-Headlight-Clear-Arc-Beam/dp/B06XXRSFZS

This one is expensive and the same as the rest so do not buy the link, but it's an example.

My friend installed em on his 2003 BMW X3 which has h7 bulbs, he had to use some zipties or something but they worked perfectly at the end. Might order em, try em, and return em if they don't work

Old 05-18-2018, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Following...

Old 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the write-up @Eric325ci. Just replaced mine with the same bulbs @DJsags recommended. $22 bucks on Amazon. Huge difference! Now if only the daytime were as easy.

Probably not a smart question... but could you replace the whole assembly with the XE S xenon headlight parts you can find on Ebay for $300-400 for each side?

Does the computer or cabling prevent that? Guessing if it was that easy I would have found a thread on it by now.

Old 02-27-2021, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't open the wheel arch light cover

Anybody got any tips for opening the light cover in the wheel arch of my XE? I've been trying for ages and I can't get either side to budge at all.