XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Navigation Voice Commands?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation Voice Commands?

Where are the navigation voice commands for in this system? I have the InControl Touch Pro and you'd figure the nav system would be one of the first things you could program with your voice.

Car is back in for service for the 2nd week in a row with rattle issues and more screen issues. Now it just freezes and sometimes won't turn on. Anyone else having this issue?

Old 04-19-2017, 12:39 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

You can't control the Nav with your voice on either the normal or Pro systems. Sorry to disappoint. I was surprised to find this out as well.

Old 04-19-2017, 12:45 PM

Thanks for the info alphakinase. Oh well. Still drives like a dream and sounds great.

Old 04-19-2017, 01:38 PM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm sorry, but could you guys clarify what do you mean by "programming"? Because you certainly can input destination point to your nav system with your voice. Actually there is a list of 27 or so commands I'm using with ICT. Are we talking about different things here?

Old 04-19-2017, 02:03 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Ololly, do you have the 8" or 10" InControl system?
I am not aware of any way to input destination points via voice on my 10" screen.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by booklaw1
Ololly, do you have the 8" or 10" InControl system?
I am not aware of any way to input destination points via voice on my 10" screen.
I have a plain InControl - 8 in. Press a Voice Command button on your steering wheel and after a ding say "destination <address including ZIP in one sentence>" and see what happens

Edit: I've started reading through the forums and it seems you are right - no navi voice commands for ICTP users. Very strange. Can you bring up the list of all the commands available?

Last edited by ololly; 04-19-2017 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:05 AM

This is beyond me. Commands for all the other systems besides NAV, the one where you could actually benefit from using your voice to program while driving. Anyone know why the upgraded system is like this?

Old 04-21-2017, 11:06 AM

Maybe it is somehow connected to the fact that it is using google maps? Maybe thy rely on your phone system to accept a voice command and pass it to ICTP?

BTW have you tried to enter destination with your voice? What error does it produce?

Old 04-21-2017, 11:18 AM

I look at the available list of commands and nothing pertaining to navigation. When I try to activate the nav commands with my voice nothing happens.

Old 04-21-2017, 03:54 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

It seems my earlier post was incorrect, the base system does have voice commands for navigation. Sorry for confusion.

Now why the f*** doesn't the system I payed extra for get everything that the cheaper one has? Same should be said for the ability to read text messages... Pro system can't but lower one can!

Old 04-21-2017, 04:07 PM

My sentiments exactly. There must be someone that knows...

Does Jag have a customer service #?

Old 04-21-2017, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Chip Junk
My sentiments exactly. There must be someone that knows...

Does Jag have a customer service #?
Jaguar Owner Care NA

1-800-452-4827

Old 04-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Jaguar, I suspect, will not be able to give you a satisfying answer to the question.

There’s a small community of us who didn’t reach higher for the “PRO” version of the Intouch system. And there’s another small community who DID end up with the Pro version, and had no way to realize it wasn’t an “upgrade” over the 8-inch version (not by any definition we assume “upgrade” to mean). The Pro actually LOSES some features the standard Intouch version has, and replaces them with some features the standard doesn’t have.

I’ve got the standard, and to many’s distress, I have miscellaneous screen selections and options that Pro owners can’t find on theirs. MORE voice commands benefits, some navigation “passive assisters” (like selecting the nav-voice to gently remind me if I’m breaking a town speed limit---regardless of whether I’m currently operating the Satnav or not), and better results from my song folders and USBs I might want to try.
If you’ve got the PRO, you had no idea you would be trading these features in order to get some of the exclusive features my standard Intouch doesn’t have.
I can’t map out my driving route on a PC at home and have it “transmitted” to the car’s memory before I even get in the car tomorrow morning. Your PRO version can. I can’t see my music files in the spiffy MAC-carousel imagery that Apple uses on their computers. You can.

Is it that the Intouch is not a Jaguar creation, and is bought from a third-party designer, and somehow there’s not enough development in the PRO system to “fit” all the standard and PRO features into one unit? It’s a good theory, but I don’t know. Some of the PRO looks as though it was created with the doors open to expand “the remainder” of the features later (via software packs from Jaguar).
So perhaps later, your Pro systems WILL eventually have an added voice command pack that blows my standard version out of the water.

But like I suggested, I don’t see Jaguar feeling the need or incentive to give us the actual explanation.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:33 PM

I too was quite surprised when I found out my ICTP system didn’t have voice controlled navigation or text messaging. I call Jaguar N! And was told they know and are working on it with no ETA in sight. However, the new ICTP update addresses the text messaging issue. I have a Nissan that’s 30K less and has voice navigation. Jaguar NA can’t put all that work on the styling and then ignore technology. The WiFi should also have been the faster 4G or 5G and not the slower 3G. I hope future updates take care of at least the voice navigation piece. We were shopping the Jaguar and the Mercedes. Sometimes, I think I should have bought the Mercedes.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:42 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

The WiFi on 18MY is 4G such as on my car, SMS updates are now available with the latest firmware update and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto is due for the 19MY.