XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

R Sport 3.5 Fully Load Available

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 09:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts
Default R Sport 3.5 Fully Load Available

We are on the tail end of our lease on 2017 3.5 XE R Sport with every option and wanted to make it available to someone here if they are in the market for such a car. Has about 30K miles on and is Italian Racing Red with Red/Black interior. If you may be interested, we'll let it go for the buy out or slightly under. Tires are much less than 30K miles on them.

Just throwing it out there. Come new year, we are car shopping and if JLR offer incentives to stay with the marque, we'll go that route. If not, Alfa and Volvo are first on our list if starting from scratch.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:31 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Someone will get a great car that's no longer available in that configuration.

Good luck with your next car. It'll be an interesting journey, for sure.

How many Alfa dealers are in your area?

I like the Alfa Guilia hot rod with the Ferrari motor. I'm not liking the $85k price tag. The maintenance costs scare me, too. Beautiful car, though.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:37 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Prange
Someone will get a great car that's no longer available in that configuration.

Good luck with your next car. It'll be an interesting journey, for sure.

How many Alfa dealers are in your area?

I like the Alfa Guilia hot rod with the Ferrari motor. I'm not liking the $85k price tag. The maintenance costs scare me, too. Beautiful car, though.
Thanks. The XE has been reliable. Only the AEB and the HVAC blender were the only two issues, both fixed under warranty. Heat windshield will come in handy today with sub freezing temps.

The Alfa dealer is next door to the Jag dealer. I think there are 4-5 Alfa dealers in my state, most of which are within 30 miles. Closest is 8 miles from my house. We are leasing the next car as well, so maitanance is not really a concern. The Stelvio is higher up on our list the Guilia. This is for the wife, so the TI would be the one (under 50K). Same with Volvo in the price range is not even less expensive. The XE was mine until I bought the Aston, that is why she has such a high spec car. Just did a paint correction on the XE before the winter.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:47 AM

So I guess the new Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato Shooting Brake is not on her short list?

It's kinda' like a crossover/SUV. But not. :-)

Old 12-05-2018, 07:00 AM
Veteran Member

So I guess the new Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato Shooting Brake is not on her short list?

It's kinda' like a crossover/SUV. But not. :-)
She'd rather have the Rolls Royce Cullinan or Range Rover Autobiography, but lease deals are just not that great...

Old 12-05-2018, 07:06 AM

If I bought a Range Rover Autobiography,the last chapter would end in divorce.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member

If I bought a Range Rover Autobiography,the last chapter would end in divorce.
Our lease budget is under $600 a month. I am digging the Velar, Stelvio, and Volvo V60 wagon. Also digging the Lincoln smaller SUV, not sure what model it is. Come new year we will be looking aggressively.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Our lease budget is under $600 a month. I am digging the Velar, Stelvio, and Volvo V60 wagon. Also digging the Lincoln smaller SUV, not sure what model it is. Come new year we will be looking aggressively.
I'm at the point of the dealer being the deciding factor. That was the main reason we didn't even look at the Alfas. The two dealers within an hour of my house are total a******s. I just don't need the aggravation.

Same with Ford. I was looking for a change of pace from my SRT8, so I went and drove a new Shelby Mustang GT350. The car is incredible. The Ford dealers are so bad around here,I just couldn't subject myself to them.

I wound up with another SRT8 Dodge Charger. They really are great street cars.

Good luck in your choice. Now is the time of year for sure. Especially Dec.31st,my favorite day of the year to buy a car.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:52 AM
Veteran Member

...so I went and drove a new Shelby Mustang GT350. The car is incredible.
To say the least! A buddy had one for a while and I drove it several times. Loudest exhaust on the market for stock car. Just a beast and need to be careful with that car. Too easy to end up in the ditch or under arrest. Best V8 on the market IMO.

Old 12-07-2018, 07:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sam, who was the finance manager over at Sudbury (probably when you grabbed your XE) is now GSM over at Wellesley Volvo...might be worth a visit.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Yehaman
Sam, who was the finance manager over at Sudbury (probably when you grabbed your XE) is now GSM over at Wellesley Volvo...might be worth a visit.
Yes, he did the finance paperwork when we bought our XE. Will go by there then and see what's up.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Veteran Member

Was at the dealer on Monday and lease rates are not attractive at all for JLR's line up. Saw a great Velar 2.0 gas R-Dynamic for like 68K new. They wanted almost 1K month on a lease for 3 years. The other car was 2.0 Evoque convertible that was 63K and that was 900ish a month.

Went to Volvo and XC60 that was around 60K was $600 a month with less money out of pocket than JLR wanted. I think it's going to be a Stelvio TI or the new 2019 V60 Volvo wagon. The Volvo now has a really nice tartan cloth interior that we both like. We'd have to order the new model as it won't be in dealerships till late winter. This Volvo is from the new US factory in South Carolina. The new S60 is built on the same platform as the S90.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,272 Likes on 876 Posts

Yeah I've had a half a dozen volvos and they were always good, albeit the turning circle in some (the s60R, v40T5CC and the c70T5 in particular) made parking and u turns a trial. That was because the engine was in sideways and where they put the gearbox, I think it might have improved in the new platform which looks really polished https://www.caradvice.com.au/654584/...vo-v60-review/

In particular I liked the leather in them, which was really good quality in the more expensive ones. I thought I'd never have another as the driving in the XE just crapped on the driving in the volvos, I think the steering and RWD just make so much difference, but on all accounts to new ones are much more a driver's car as well.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:52 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
I thought I'd never have another as the driving in the XE just crapped on the driving in the volvos, I think the steering and RWD just make so much difference, but on all accounts to new ones are much more a driver's car as well.
The driving experience in the XE is far beyond the S60, but this purchase isn't so much about driving dynamics as it is on just getting a nice reliable car that looks cool. The issue I see in JLR's line up is the base example for each line really looks base. The front spoilers and trim look low rent for such an initially expensive car. I understand making it look cooler as it gets more expensive, but the starting place is mighty low compared to other brands. Amazed how quick the F-Pace already looks old and the XJ is long in the tooth. ePace is a consideration but has cheap looking wheel options. We have until May to get into the next car. I have not driven the Giulia; they look to offer good lease rates via FCA financing.

We can get a great deal on a Lexus, but nothing jumps out at us. LS is too expensive and GX is too big. The others I am luke warm on at best. They make a great car though.

Old 12-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,272 Likes on 876 Posts

Yeah, Lexus are too "accountant" for me, I like the really sporty looking one but you have to get it in black to hide all of the sharp edges. With the XE I thought the R Sports look great but not all that fussed on the others, I thought the original XF was more flashy inside and out than the new shape though the new shape certainly drives a lot better. The E Pace is not a very nice car to drive, IMO. It is marginally better than an Evoque but I thought the Evoque was one of the most disappointing and overhyped cars I'd driven. The interior in the E Pace is pretty average too, just a reskinned Evoque which is just a reskinned discovery, lipstick on a pig stuff IMO.

I just paid out our XE coz we love it. I wish I'd bought the S initially but it would have been another $40K and I only drive it a few times a year, it is my missus' daily. My missus would remove my testes if I looked to trade it. But they are overpriced or underoptioned, one of the two. They should be cheaper than the comparable bimmer, coz they dont hold their value as well.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:35 PM

The driving experience in the XE is far beyond the S60, but this purchase isn't so much about driving dynamics as it is on just getting a nice reliable car that looks cool. The issue I see in JLR's line up is the base example for each line really looks base. The front spoilers and trim look low rent for such an initially expensive car. I understand making it look cooler as it gets more expensive, but the starting place is mighty low compared to other brands. Amazed how quick the F-Pace already looks old and the XJ is long in the tooth. ePace is a consideration but has cheap looking wheel options. We have until May to get into the next car. I have not driven the Giulia; they look to offer good lease rates via FCA financing.

We can get a great deal on a Lexus, but nothing jumps out at us. LS is too expensive and GX is too big. The others I am luke warm on at best. They make a great car though.

Sportbrake perhaps? Saw something not too long ago on this forum in the classifieds that referenced Jaguar Norwood and some very aggressive lease deals.

The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (12-13-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 08:45 AM
Veteran Member

Sportbrake perhaps? Saw something not too long ago on this forum in the classifieds that referenced Jaguar Norwood and some very aggressive lease deals.
Would love a Sportbrake! Sportbrake is an option, but they are pretty expensive right off the start. Sudbury has a white demo one they could lease as a new car for a discount. They were suppose to give me numbers on it, but never came through. Our lease budget has to be under $600. Will look at Norwood's website and see if they have anything worth checking out. Thanks!

Old 12-13-2018, 09:37 AM

Would love a Sportbrake! Sportbrake is an option, but they are pretty expensive right off the start. Sudbury has a white demo one they could lease as a new car for a discount. They were suppose to give me numbers on it, but never came through. Our lease budget has to be under $600. Will look at Norwood's website and see if they have anything worth checking out. Thanks!

Sent you a PM, with a link to the post that is in the classifieds. If the deal is still available, it should work within your budget. Hope you score!

Old 12-13-2018, 09:57 AM
Veteran Member

Sent you a PM, with a link to the post that is in the classifieds. If the deal is still available, it should work within your budget. Hope you score!
That was an insane deal. Called them and they no longer offer that, but would send me numbers on similar Sportbrake demo models they can offer. I was kind of hoping for a similar situation as I know that Sportbrake is a tough sell to a narrow audience; hence big discounts. Great looking car actually. I was really digging the one they had at British Car Day last summer.

Old 12-13-2018, 03:24 PM
Veteran Member

We may be close on an XF Sportbrake deal. Will keep you posted.

Quick Reply: R Sport 3.5 Fully Load Available