XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

VelocityAP Jaguar XE X760 ECU Tuning. 3.0L V6 SC, 2.0L Petrol/Gasoline Turbo, 2.0L T

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 10:36 PM
Sponsor
Received 831 Likes on 470 Posts
Default VelocityAP Jaguar XE X760 ECU Tuning. 3.0L V6 SC, 2.0L Petrol/Gasoline Turbo, 2.0L T

Hello All,

We have been speaking with a number of you by phone & email, but I thought it would be helpful to initiate a thread for the XE, similar to this one we have running on the F-Type, so we can hopefully answer some questions and people can use it as an FAQ of sorts:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...8s-v8r-158091/

If you have a quick browse of the F-Type thread you'll see that we have some great software developed for the 3.0L Supercharged V6 already. The net results are:

ECU Tuning: 340-416BHP
ECU Tuning + Supercharger Overdrive Pulley: 340BHP-453BHP

How is the software installed?
VelocityAP sends you a VTech hand-held touch screen programmer, which is included with the cost of the tune. This programmer pairs to the vehicle and allows you to read the OEM file, email to us for modification, and flash the MOD file back onto the car.

Can I switch back to the original file?
Yes, the VTech ALWAYS stores your original file + up to 5 modified files. So you can use the device to switch between original & modified files at any time.

Why a Crank Pulley and not a Supercharger Pulley like on the V8?
The stock V6 supercharger pulley is already smaller than the stock pulley on a 5.0L V8 Supercharged. As a result, reduction in size requires the supercharger snout to be shaved, and only yields 3/4 of a lb of additional boost. It is a lot of work for not a lot of return. Consequently, the V6 is best served by removing the crank pulley and bolting on our larger pulley to increase the supercharger drive. The Crank Pulley kit includes a new tensioner pulley and belt.

Can I do the tune to begin with and add the Crank Pulley Later?
Yes you can. If you are planning to upgrade the crank pulley later, just let us know when requesting your file and we will send you both files to upload to the VTech at the same time. You can update the software later when the crank pulley is installed.

In addition to more BHP and torque, what other things can be changed?
- RPM Limit Adjustment
- Auto Stop/Start Deactivation
- Sport Cat Integration
- Throttle Sensitivity
- Speed Limiter Adjustment

This software is already live on our website and available for purchase. Bear in mind the dyno charts here show the software we developed on the XF-V6S, already making 380BHP. Since this engine is identical apart from software to the 340BHP version, there is an additional 40BHP available for the XE:
Jaguar XE V6 Supercharged ECU Tune

Crank Pulleys are in production & will be available in a couple of weeks.

We will be announcing a 'launch' special pricing offer in the next couple of days with a hefty discount on the XE tunes. Stay posted.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Last edited by Stuart@VelocityAP; 01-16-2017 at 10:49 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Stuart@VelocityAP:
Big Owl (05-10-2017), chrisburns61 (04-29-2018), Murla (11-26-2020), Panthro (08-03-2023)
Old 01-17-2017, 10:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I haven't installed my VAP tune yet but looking at the plots I would say this is a very conservative tune for the V6. And now seeing Jaguar offers a 400 hp V6 in the new F-Type, I think there is still plenty of power left on the table for us XE guys since this tune is just 19hp over that.

I bet the jump from 340hp to 419 in the XE must feel great and am eager to apply it very soon to see for myself.

The following 2 users liked this post by BigCat09:
chrisburns61 (04-29-2018), odigby (03-13-2018)
Old 01-17-2017, 01:00 PM
Received 151 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
I haven't installed my VAP tune yet but looking at the plots I would say this is a very conservative tune for the V6. And now seeing Jaguar offers a 400 hp V6 in the new F-Type, I think there is still plenty of power left on the table for us XE guys since this tune is just 19hp over that.

I bet the jump from 340hp to 419 in the XE must feel great and am eager to apply it very soon to see for myself.
The limited edition V6S 400 is actually 400ps, which is how uk rates their power. In HP that comes to almost 395bhp. We're still at 416bhp on just the tune! 😜

Even the XE 3.0 which is tossed around saying 340bhp, is actually rated in ps as well, so 340ps, which is about 335bhp. If you go on the Jag sites, you'll notice the Uk site and either of the North American sites show 340ps on U.K and 340bhp on NA. Just its impossible to be both the same value with different units of measure.

Once we get our hands on the Limited 400 tune, we'll be able to see if things are much different, who know's..we might be able to go 430bhp safety on just a tune! 😜

Old 01-18-2017, 08:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

^ That is the answer I wanted to hear^

Old 01-18-2017, 05:31 PM
Sponsor

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce we have finalized a Product Launch Special for the XE V6 Supercharged ECU Tunes: Jaguar XE V6 Supercharged ECU Tune

Beginning Today and running until January 31st, these tunes will be available for the XE at a 30% discount from regular pricing. Use Coupon Code: XEV6ECU at checkout and the discount will be applied. That is just $9 per Pony!

www.velocityap.com

The following 2 users liked this post by Stuart@VelocityAP:
chrisburns61 (04-29-2018), odigby (03-13-2018)
Old 01-19-2017, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,198 Likes on 931 Posts

Can the tune be ported from one car to the next?

Example would be I remove it from my XE upon lease return and sell it to someone else?

Old 01-19-2017, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Can the tune be ported from one car to the next?

Example would be I remove it from my XE upon lease return and sell it to someone else?
No it's locked to the car the file is created for. If the VTech restored the stock file back to the car, it would be unlocked and you would be able to wipe it clean..thus being able to sell a blank unit, but with no file. That person would then need to buy the tune from us for the unit is also locked to VelocityAP. Would probably be more worthwhile for you to keep the unit if you planned on buying another Jag..

Old 01-20-2017, 06:19 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am eager to see what you come up with for the 2.0l 4 cyl petrol engine

Old 01-20-2017, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by cr500
I am eager to see what you come up with for the 2.0l 4 cyl petrol engine
i don't even think the petrol version of the 2.0L is available in North America, could be wrong but just checked and don't even see it listed in Jags site, only shows the 2.0L petrol for U.K.

If the above is true, then testing would have to be done on a Land Rover Evoque/Discovery Sport locally before we can release something for the Jag 2.0L petro

Old 01-20-2017, 09:11 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuning@VelocityAP
i don't even think the petrol version of the 2.0L is available in North America, could be wrong but just checked and don't even see it listed in Jags site, only shows the 2.0L petrol for U.K.

If the above is true, then testing would have to be done on a Land Rover Evoque/Discovery Sport locally before we can release something for the Jag 2.0L petro
The 2.0L is available; I have one

Old 01-20-2017, 11:35 AM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Early "25t" model XEs have the Ford EcoBoost engine.

Newer ones will have the 2.0L "Ingenium" engine.

The EcoBoost should be straightforward to tune given its been done on several other vehicles, i.e. Focus ST etc. if I'm not mistaken.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:41 AM
Sponsor

It appears that we have secured access to a 2.0L TurboDiesel to do some development work, which is exciting. TD engines typically make a metric shitload of torque gains right in the low-mid RPM range.

www.velocityap.com

Old 01-20-2017, 12:23 PM

not sure if you were aware but there are other countries out there which aren't in North America or U.K and we do use the 2.0" turbo petrol engine.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:32 PM
Sponsor

not sure if you were aware but there are other countries out there which aren't in North America or U.K and we do use the 2.0" turbo petrol engine.
Absolutely. I think that was just mentioned because we are based in North America and that's where we have access to cars to do the development work.

Don't worry, we look after the RHD guys too

www.velocityap.com

Old 01-20-2017, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by alphakinase
Early "25t" model XEs have the Ford EcoBoost engine.

Newer ones will have the 2.0L "Ingenium" engine.

The EcoBoost should be straightforward to tune given its been done on several other vehicles, i.e. Focus ST etc. if I'm not mistaken.
The 2.5L would definitely be straightforward if we tackled with the Ecoboost engines, unfortunately none of the brands we tackled used an Ecoboost engine, let alone the 2.5L..until now! 🙂

Old 01-20-2017, 02:01 PM

Understood, just like Stuart mentioned. We're not putting anyone on the racks to forget about, doesn't matter which country anyone lives in, odds are you will have a N.A calibration or a UK calibrated stock files, and sometimes theirs a ROW calibration for manufactures but it's very similar to the UK version, that's all I'm getting at in reference to countries. My apologies if it was taken any other way, wasn't meant to be insulting.

It's just like I stated in my 2nd paragraph, unless I can get that engine platform to test (ie On a Land Rover petro 2.0L), then it makes it hard to test. If I can find a 2.0L Jag locally then perfect! Otherwise without a test car, we're just shooting into the wind and creating a tuning file remotely with hopes and dreams to make power...it's not how we do business. Any file we do, before it's released is dyno tuned and tested on the street. Then all of our dyno reports are published for everyone and anyone to see, we have nothing to hide and ride on honesty!

The following users liked this post:
odigby (03-13-2018)
Old 01-20-2017, 04:19 PM

The 2.5L would definitely be straightforward if we tackled with the Ecoboost engines, unfortunately none of the brands we tackled used an Ecoboost engine, let alone the 2.5L..until now! 🙂
I thought the 25T is the same 2.0L engine as the 20T with a different tune, so it isn't actually a 2.5L engine

Old 01-20-2017, 05:52 PM

I thought the 25T is the same 2.0L engine as the 20T with a different tune, so it isn't actually a 2.5L engine
I have no clue..the 4 cyl options are too new to me right now.

If someone can explain the differences in a 20t and 25t, that would great. I have no clue which models have each of these engines nor have I any info/specs "yet". I'm sure it's just like the XF where 35t is the 340ps version and then the S having the 380ps version..all being software.

We started working with the F-Type guys last April to develop the 3.0L and 5.0L software, also to help out some owners that had been tainted by another tuning company that supposedly cashed in and ran. (That's another story and fully documented in the F-Type forum section by members)

We've opening this thread to carry our knowledge to the 3.0L XE and to develop software for all the 4 bangers found in the XE.

Presently I have access to a XF 2.0L Diesel which will be tested through several files and then tuned on a Dynapack to work out the best power range.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:38 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

So what is the main mechanism by which the 340hp tune limits output?

If I understand correctly the software is essentially preventing the throttle from opening fully, which the 380hp tune does not. Is this correct? What would happen if we just tricked the computer into opening the throttle more (a resistor or something to that effect)? Maybe a dumb question

I've also wondered how the car limits boost as supercharger doesn't have a blow-off valve that can be modulated as is done with a turbo setup. We do have a "supercharger bypass valve" but this is quite different as I understand it.

Does the VAP tune increase boost (assuming no pulley changes)? If so what is the mechanism in these engines that regulates boost?

thanks for the info!

Old 01-22-2017, 12:14 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by alphakinase
So what is the main mechanism by which the 340hp tune limits output?

If I understand correctly the software is essentially preventing the throttle from opening fully, which the 380hp tune does not. Is this correct? What would happen if we just tricked the computer into opening the throttle more (a resistor or something to that effect)? Maybe a dumb question

I've also wondered how the car limits boost as supercharger doesn't have a blow-off valve that can be modulated as is done with a turbo setup. We do have a "supercharger bypass valve" but this is quite different as I understand it.

Does the VAP tune increase boost (assuming no pulley changes)? If so what is the mechanism in these engines that regulates boost?

thanks for the info!
It is slightly more complex that that regarding the limits to the output. I definitely would not start messing around with sensor signals, especially the throttle. Could get stuck open, stuck closed etc.

The supercharger bypass valve is pretty similar to a wastegate (I think that's what you meant rather than blow-off valve. A BOV doesn't regulate the boost pressure, it gives the built-up boost a way to relieve when the throttle is closed so it doesn't wreck the turbo.) So yes, it is controlled electronically, and yes we can increase boost with the tune alone.

Adding a crank pulley requires further alterations to the code, to allow even higher boost.

www.velocityap.com

Quick Reply: VelocityAP Jaguar XE X760 ECU Tuning. 3.0L V6 SC, 2.0L Petrol/Gasoline Turbo, 2.0L T