XF (X260) 2015 onwards

2017 Jaguar XF S. How much off MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 04:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by vonbonds1
.....So my long winded questions are is it realistic to get this car for a bit under or around $50K? How much is a Jaguar extended warranty? ....
If by 'leftover' you mean new, never registered then that's a great deal at 20% off. It has some good add on packages as well. Being two years old I'm sure they will bargain but going to 30% off a new car is a stretch. Jaguar extended warranty is not a good deal...... $1750 and it only extends a year if I remember correctly but that's negotiable too. You already get 5 years 60,000 miles with ALL maintenance included (oil changes, filters, etc.). I have a '17 in that color and it's the best car I've ever owned. Let us know how it goes. You won't be disappointed if you get it.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

Any tips or advice for buying a car very much leftover would be highly appreciated.
I would say you should be able to get what you want by negotiating hard. The XF is not a big mover for dealers, at least in my area, despite being an excellent car. I got mine a month ago and I think I leased the only one in Northern California. Every dealer here still has the same stock as when I first started looking many months ago. SUVs, crossovers, trucks and minivans are what seem to sell these days. Dealers in my area still have numerous 2016 XF's available.

I got my 2017 XF S new for $62k, list was over $75k. My dealer had 44 in stock and was motivated to move one and they have not sold another one since.

My guess is you should be able to get an $18K discount on a 2016 depending on your dealer’s stock, how long it’s being sitting and their desire to move it off the lot. I believe there is an extra hidden dealer cash incentive for them to move these sedans, which you should be able to work into your deal if you push or walk.

Leasing is not an option through Jaguar on a 2016. An outright purchase will yield a nice discount on a leftover 2016 and you will not be able to tell the difference from a 2018.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I actually used Jaguar Westchester website for assistance in negotiating my deal. Without really contacting them I used two new discounted XF's they had listed on their website and got my dealer to beat their price. Not to mention at the time I thought they were located in Westchester NY, not Westchester PA.....oops, but my dealer never picked up on that one.

Jaguar still has a $10,000 incentive for purchases of 2016's that expires 7/5/2017 according to Autobytel website. Make sure the car wasn't punched you get the full 5yr/60k warranty and service.

From what I'm told, If you insure through Geico you can purchase their mechanical breakdown insurance pretty inexpensively...might provide you some piece of mind between 60k and 100k miles.

Based on what you listed, and the fact that a few of us got screaming deals back in November/December/January my guess is you should be able to negotiate $20k off the MSRP price....given half of that discount would be coming directly from Jaguar as an incentive.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the feedback guys. For the record I'm not a dumpster diver only kind of buyer. I am in sales myself (tech) and understand the ropes of the trade but the fact these cars depreciate so quickly I figure I'd only buy it at a price I can live with knowing the facts of what the resale is down the road. I know it's a great car and I enjoyed my test drive in one a few weeks ago. My mom is from Scotland and I can't shake my frugal gene apparently .

Old 06-06-2017, 08:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's your hard earned money, work the best deal you can and always make sure you stay within your financial comfort zone.
With that in mind, I love my XF... I have to be in Jersey tomorrow night for business and am looking forward to the ride down tomorrow, and then a spirited ride back with the sunroof open and some tunes playing on Thursday when I head back.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

I appreciate the feedback guys. For the record I'm not a dumpster diver only kind of buyer. I am in sales myself (tech) and understand the ropes of the trade but the fact these cars depreciate so quickly I figure I'd only buy it at a price I can live with knowing the facts of what the resale is down the road. I know it's a great car and I enjoyed my test drive in one a few weeks ago. My mom is from Scotland and I can't shake my frugal gene apparently .
The XF is a little-known car that should be more popular than it is. I have traditionally purchased or leased BMW’s and noticed you are coming from a 335. My last BMW was a 2012 535i which I loved. I can honestly say I like the XF better so far. I test drove a 2017 540i prior to getting the XF and while the BMW was an excellent driver, it lacked personality and I hated the interior and exterior looks. The XF is sharp and while it could have a little better interior quality, it is nice option if you want to have something unique, which always draws positive comments.

I do recommend the technology package, as it takes the car to a higher level that is worth the extra money, despite a few minor glitches.

This is my second Jaguar and I am liking the brand, the vision and the fact that it’s not like what everyone else is driving. The dealer support I have received has been exceptional. The biggest negative as you have found is Jaguar's do tend to depreciate higher than the norm.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

If you buying extended warranty, make sure it isn't third-party - these are scams designed to deny your claims via fine print gotchas.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:10 AM
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Start by telling your dealer you need them to better the truecar.com average discount in your area.

On an XF in zip code 92128, truecar says...

"The Market Average of your configured vehicle is $5,464 below MSRP, now get real pricing on local inventory."

Truecar numbers are generated from ACTUAL customer purchase prices collected from the registration info.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:12 AM
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

My '16 XF prestige was a demo, msrp was 70k and I picked it up for 51k back in December - I was VERY happy with the deal (they originally said they would sell it for $54,900, which I thought was really good, but you have nothing to loose by throwing another number at them).

Old 07-02-2017, 04:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2017 xf-s fully loaded

I just purchased one on the last day of the month, last Friday. MSRP $75,610.00 fully loaded all packages. $13,471.73 off MSRP on a 2017.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sorry, I leased it not purchase.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I leased a 2017 MSRP of nearly 73 and paid 61k. Not bad. I could have done better maybe, but I'm fine with it as it's a lease. Racing green with the diamond split 5 spoke rims. Love the XFS. Fun car. Came over from long time BMW and Audi (wife has the new A4).

Old 07-07-2017, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paid under 46K for 2016 XF Premium AWD with Vision Package, Sticker was over 61K, in Feb 2017. 25-26% off the MSRP. I was told that, the package combination had $10,000 VIP Money (discount given by Jaguar). There were just a handful of those cars around NY area. We signed a contract initially for a specific car (that was at a different out-of-state dealer). That was sold out. Dealer found an identical car (with no miles).

6 months of ownership. Very happy so far. (Do not have much to compare. Only owned entry level BMW and Land Rover before that. No serious experience with real luxury cars before XF.)