XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Back to Jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 05:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by whitbyxf
Thank you for your comments. They were very helpful.

I closed the deal today and will be taking delivery next week after our long weekend break in New Orleans.

I will share pictures and experiences.
Congratulations. You will love your XF. Is it AWD. My 2016 XF AWD Prestige has been great. I like it better than the BMW 5 I had previously which DID have issues btw. I have 14K miles on mine and it is so quiet and comfortable on the road! When you hit the pedal the big V6 supercharged takes off NOW not after a pause like with some turbos. Look forward to pics. Mine is Ammonite grey metallic with light oyster leather. cheers from BC, Canada.
AL

Last edited by BCJAG; 10-31-2017 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

I have my cat back and she is wonderful. Pictures to follow.

Old 11-07-2017, 02:44 PM

As promised a picture of my new 'cat'.

The forum upload utility has a bug and would not upload any other pictures declaring them an invalid file even though they are identical in format to the one it did upload and approximately the same size. So one is all you can see!! Sorry.

Attached Thumbnails Back to Jaguar-rhs-front-web.jpg  
Old 11-08-2017, 02:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The forum upload utility has a bug and would not upload any other pictures declaring them an invalid file even though they are identical in format to the one it did upload and approximately the same size. So one is all you can see!! Sorry.
This is gorgeous! I had the check engine light and it ended up being an 02 sensor. I had to get a lot of updates too. Monday I am taking her in for her second service. Just the usual oil change stuff. I love mine. But I was like you, afraid to drive it with the light on my by SA told me it was fine. Was glad to see the light go away though.

Enjoy!!

Old 11-08-2017, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by BCJAG
Congratulations. You will love your XF. Is it AWD. My 2016 XF AWD Prestige has been great. I like it better than the BMW 5 I had previously which DID have issues btw. I have 14K miles on mine and it is so quiet and comfortable on the road! When you hit the pedal the big V6 supercharged takes off NOW not after a pause like with some turbos. Look forward to pics. Mine is Ammonite grey metallic with light oyster leather. cheers from BC, Canada.
AL
Thanks for encouragement. No she is not AWD, and like you I have had a BMW 5 series (in fact I have had 7 of them!!). My last 5 series (2012 F10) ate tires and did not handle at all well. Plus I went for the 4 cylinder N20 engine which was a mistake (528i MSport).

I drove the new 5 series (G 30, 540i)) before I made the decision to come back to Jag and was not at all impressed. The car is no longer a sports saloon but an executive saloon with pretentions to a sporting feel. This was not the taut, tight, wired into your nervous system BMW of old. The Jag on the other hand feels like the original BMW ethos. A true sporting saloon.

I am looking forward to driving her, hopefully without some of the fit and finish issues of my 2010 XF. She certainly feels of a much higher standard.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:33 PM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

Looks great, nice choice!

Old 11-09-2017, 11:43 PM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

Thanks for encouragement. No she is not AWD, and like you I have had a BMW 5 series (in fact I have had 7 of them!!). My last 5 series (2012 F10) ate tires and did not handle at all well. Plus I went for the 4 cylinder N20 engine which was a mistake (528i MSport).

I drove the new 5 series (G 30, 540i)) before I made the decision to come back to Jag and was not at all impressed. The car is no longer a sports saloon but an executive saloon with pretentions to a sporting feel. This was not the taut, tight, wired into your nervous system BMW of old. The Jag on the other hand feels like the original BMW ethos. A true sporting saloon.

I also had a 2012 BMW F10 535i. Special ordered it the way I wanted and really liked it. 100% trouble-free service wise, but BMW missed the boat in a few areas. The steering feel, slight turbo lag from a start (which was annoying), and the suspension seemed to wander and lacked road feel to me. I have driven several 2017 540i’s and these complaints have been addressed adequately. I was impressed with the driving characteristics, but the car did not excite me like my 2012. What I didn’t care for was the exterior and interior styling. I just took a spirited drive in my XF and I was shocked at how well it handled effortlessly on very twisty roads. Jaguar has done an excellent job with the suspension and handling. Not as fun as the F-Type, but I just could not get over how well it handled. Opinion bias aside, I think many BMW owners would be shocked with the XF’ s driving characteristics if they actually drove one.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I owned a 2010 XF Premium and loved it but the build quality made me return to BMW.

However I am about to close the deal on a 2017 XF 35T R Sport. This car is a major step forward in technology, build quality and refinement.

Is there anything I should be looking at with these new post 2016 cars. They are quite different to the pre 2016 models with their aluminium structure and new engines. Particularly concerned to understand if there are any engine issues that have been observed. I specifically waited until the 2nd model year of the new design to make sure issues had been resolved.

I would love to hear from members of this forum with respect to anything they have observed, positive or negative about these cars.

Very quiet inside and a solid vehicle. Handles very well. Had only one problem with a door seal but otherwise perfect. Happy Jagging...