XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Bluetooth issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 08:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bluetooth issues

I have a new 2016 XF S with the base InControl system and I'm encountering some weirdness with how it's interacting with the current generation iPhone. Wondering if it's a problem with InControl in general, the iPhone in general, or if something is just wrong with the car.

If I am streaming music or podcasts from the phone, I am getting random "skips" forward -- less than a split second and seamless, so there is no blank space just a little lurch foward. I have not noticed this (yet) if the phone is plugged in via the USB connector, but I'm curious if anyone else has had a problem with that? Sometimes it works fine, other times it occurs. Does not seem related to anything else going on with the phone (texts, email prompts), just sort of random.

Also, trying to browse or look at any playlists on the phone via Bluetooth invariably gives me "empty playlist" results. This does not occur when the phone is wired to the car.

Thoughts?

Old 04-18-2016, 09:23 PM
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Rp911,
I was told by Jaguar USA that there is a new Software update to fix these odd-ball InTouch issues. However, I was told by my dealer that the update hasn't been released yet but, it is due later this week. The dealer also indicated that based on previous updates, I shouldn't expect it to actually be available on that day. So, I'm supposedly on their list to call once it's available but, I also have it on my calendar to follow up next week for status.

On mine, (2016 w/ base InTouch) the BT will just cut out and/or hang up during a call and the only way to get it back is to turn the car off and back on (it was almost beautiful when it happened while I was on the phone w JagUSA). I've also had issues with the car recognizing my phone using the cable (have to plug/unplug multiple times on occasion before it recognizes (have swapped cables so I know that's good). I've also noticed the odd skip here and there but nothing as bad as having satellite radio get stuck on one channel and unable to change station or even input mode without restarting car (THAT's a fun road trip!).

So, my recommendation would be to call your dealer and inquire about the update. Note, my service advisor didn't know about it when I was there for something else today but the service manager did when I called last week. You might be able to get on some list and/or scheduled for update.
HTH!
-Mel

Old 04-18-2016, 09:24 PM

Sorry, InTouch = InControl (long day).

Old 04-19-2016, 09:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks, Mellie. I have to take my car back to the dealer this week because they totally botched the trunk seal recall. I will ask about the upgrade. Of course, if they can't manage to install a rubber trunk seal, I'm not sure they can perform an InControl upgrade.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by rp911
Thanks, Mellie. I have to take my car back to the dealer this week because they totally botched the trunk seal recall. I will ask about the upgrade. Of course, if they can't manage to install a rubber trunk seal, I'm not sure they can perform an InControl upgrade.
Good luck! I'll update here for others once I'm able to get it installed.