XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Eco not working/ Battery Fault

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 05:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Eco not working/ Battery Fault

So my Eco stop/ start wasn’t working. Car was taken to daler and an overnight charge spplied to the battery. The battery was delivering 97% power out and reporting as “Good” - so no change required according to diagnostics.
Despite the above the dealership wanted to charge me £300 for a new battery as the “technician” insisted this would cure the problem(battery not vovered by Jaguar extended Wsrranty). After dialogue with the Service Person I requested them to check carefully what “Inhibit” was holding out the Eco system. Service Person returned and insisted changing the battery would solve thr problem - it slways does!!! I thrn requested they use a mew battery from Service stock as I was totally unvonvinced that replacing the battery was the solution. Afyer some persuasion they agreed to do this and hey presto - the Eco system was now working. Ok, now please put the old battery back in the car - hey presto Evo system now working with the old(perfectly good battery).
For anyone experiencing Eco iissues re-setting yhe Battery Monitor System also resets the other inhibits actually causing the problem.
Moral of the story - If your desler tells you chsnging the battery will sort the problem on the Eco system he is kind of right. But before you part eith £300/ $400 - ask him to slip the old battery back and check if it’s still working.
it’s fairly clear that the dealerships have limited diagnostic skills/ equipment or trainiing. This problem snd many other electronic/ logic issues related to “battery problem” could be costing Jaguar owners a great deal of money.
To be fsir to the desler they held there hands up in the end and acknowledged they had not carried out the diagnostic check on the “inhibits” I requested and of course asked me to return should the issue recur.
As I have many years of ecperirnce in control systems I vould argue the case confidently and logically - I’m sure this issue is very eidespread do thought I’d share my experience with you.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:55 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Good to know.

I've also experienced the results of a lack of diagnostic information available with these cars.

Old 09-14-2018, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,216 Likes on 1,754 Posts

Can you tell us how to reset the Battery Monitor System?
Sounds like a good troubleshooting idea.