XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Mystery Tire Wear/flat

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 10:17 AM
DDF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Mystery Tire Wear/flat

Hello All, newbie here. I will try to keep this as short as I can and appreciate your responses. I purchased my Jag new (4/16) and after about 7K miles i felt the car starting to pull to one side and steering and road feel just felt "off". It got progressively worse and I got a flat shortly there after (4/17). I took the car first to an authorized Pirelli dealer and their head guy inspected the tire and showed be the weird tread-wear (as in the picture on the bottom). He said "this is not a defect in the tire and is an issue with the housing or the frame of the car". I called Jaguar USA and they told me to take the car to the dealer where I purchased it. The dealer said they did not find any issues and put 2 new rear tires (both rear tires) which Jaguar USA paid for as tires are not covered under warranty. Fast forward to 12/17 (about 10K later) and same exact issue, this time I get a blowout on I95 in Miami late at night, I decided to take the car to a different Jag dealership. They inspect and came back an said they don't understand why it has done this again as they can't find the issue. I contact Jag USA and they pay for two more new rear tires. Dealership puts them on and assures me everything has been double checked and is perfect. Now, fast forward approximately another 10K miles to 11/18, I get a 3rd flat and take my car back to the last dealership that repaired it. There is a new guy in service that I had to explain the whole situation to and forwarded him the history of emails and pictures.I then called Jag USA again to report the issue. I get a call back from JAG USA saying they are not going to cover these tires again as the tires are 10K miles tires and this is normal. I said how can most of the tire be perfectly fine and just the very inner 1/8 of the tread be down to the steel wire? She really did not want to hear that or care frankly and said this was my responsibility. We hung up and she called my back a few minutes later and said that dealer told her the car was slightly out of alignment. I said what are the chances the car is out of alignment for a 3rd time? She eluded answering the question. Anyway I guess my question is has anyone here experienced this? Could there be another underlying issue? I can't imagine this is normal. Any help is appreciated.

She's pretty most of the time.

Top tire went flat 12/17 (2nd time) Bottom tire went flat 4/17 (1st time) (it's always the passenger side rear tire)