XF (X260) 2015 onwards

New ICTP Software

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 10:14 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Thomas, don't let the ICTP color your judgment of a fine auto. True, I do not have the ICTP but the standard ICT and absolutely love everything about the car. I know how disconcerting the electronic gremlins are and I also agree that JLR should have never introduced it until it was perfected. You didn't pay such a high premium to be a beta tester! I personally think JLR intro'd this to meet that available on other premium brands and it was not fully tested.

Old 07-31-2016, 01:05 PM
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the standard ICT and am still having these same issues so it's not just ICTP issue.

Old 07-31-2016, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by MellieR
I have the standard ICT and am still having these same issues so it's not just ICTP issue.
I have had zero issues so far so wonder if it was a certain build period. Mine was Feb 2016.

Old 07-31-2016, 01:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MellieR
Distressing to hear it is also occurring with the standard system. What make and model is the smartphone you are connecting via BT? Thanks . . .

Old 08-01-2016, 03:31 PM

There is a new map release for the 2015's but we shouldn't need it anytime soon. Here is a link and apparently these are still Denso? I thought we had Nokia but not for 2015 so it seems. Also, the total nav systems are different for 2016+...
Jaguar | Jaguar | JAGUAR GEN 2.1 2016 HDD NA - USB STICK AND ACTIVATION CODE | HERE

Also, does the ICTPro have a CD slot? I was not aware there was anything but a USB. Looking at the F-Pace forums many are unhappy, some stating there is no voice nav. Bummers.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the standard ICT and twice in four weeks the center screen has crapped out and reverted to the Jaguar startup logo. It usually starts with no street information on the NAV tile, then complains that it can't read the smart card and then essentially reboots. Meanwhile the audio goes away as well.

The only other glitch, but this one is consistent, is that if you are playing music and put it in reverse, when the camera feed comes up, it sounds like an old record skip, just one double play of whatever one second of music is was on. Almost like initially the video feed is crowding the audio bandwidth.

In general, it takes a fair amount of time for my USB connected IPOD to come up. You can even here that there is a several second delay before the USB port gets power because the ipod makes the "plugged into a charger" noise. But all in all, everything else about it is stable.

Old 08-05-2016, 03:43 PM

The reverse camera is a known and seems to have something to do with volume which is automatically reduced when backing. What I hear is the backing alarms interspersing with the USB or radio and I believe Jaguar made the alarms take precedence over the radio, Makes sense to me.

Have had no issues with the display. As soon as I hit the start the display comes right up. There is a setting for the Jaguar logo to be displayed in lieu of the 4 partitioned display...do you have that enabled?

Old 08-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm used to the volume dip in reverse as it was that way in my 2011 too, but this actually audio skips. And I have the four tile setup on my screen. It's not even really a nuisance, now that I know that it's going to happen.

Old 08-17-2016, 12:07 PM

Just got my car back yesterday after spending more than two weeks at the dealer and being examined by a factory tech and having yet another software applied (later version than the latest public release) and having a component of the ICTP replaced with a later hardware version. My optimism was rapidly crushed when the vehicle refused to start or completely shut down this morning and all that worked was the screen lit up with the picture of the leaper. Screen stayed on even after attempting to shut down the car and locking. After some period of time the car shut down and reset itself (not sure how long as I had to leave it and take another car on an appointment. When I got back and tried the car again it started and shut down normally. Be careful of software updates until they get their act together as it may make things worse!

The following users liked this post:
yntski (08-17-2016)
Old 08-18-2016, 02:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Sounds very like a power / ground / battery fault.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:23 AM

JLR believes it is software related for which they do not yet have a solution. Another comprehensive update for the car is due out "sometime" in September.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:40 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomas Stires
My optimism was rapidly crushed when the vehicle refused to start or completely shut down this morning and all that worked was the screen lit up with the picture of the leaper. Be careful of software updates until they get their act together as it may make things worse!
Kinda scary that the car could not possibly start because of a software issue.

Old 08-19-2016, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by yntski
Kinda scary that the car could not possibly start because of a software issue.
My thoughts exactly but because all of these systems are tied together they do impact one another. The dealer told me after a failed boot sequence it takes 20 to 25 minutes for all computers to reset.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:12 PM

My thoughts exactly but because all of these systems are tied together they do impact one another. The dealer told me after a failed boot sequence it takes 20 to 25 minutes for all computers to reset.
Funny I am talking about this. I just went out for lunch today and started my car and no leaper and just a blank screen. I was able to drive my car. I parked, locked it and walked away (went into the market). When I came back 10 or so mintues later everything was fine.

I don't even have the latest version. My last update was mid-June. Now I did have a "Live" update. It says I am up to date with 8/8/16 as my date. I thought software updates where performed by the dealer. When the "Live" is updated I wonder what is updated?

Old 08-19-2016, 03:20 PM

Funny I am talking about this. I just went out for lunch today and started my car and no leaper and just a blank screen. I was able to drive my car. I parked, locked it and walked away (went into the market). When I came back 10 or so mintues later everything was fine.

I don't even have the latest version. My last update was mid-June. Now I did have a "Live" update. It says I am up to date with 8/8/16 as my date. I thought software updates where performed by the dealer. When the "Live" is updated I wonder what is updated?
The Live Update as I understand it is just a feature update like a nav map update. The actual ICTP and vehicle component software/firmware is only updatable by the dealer. I have had your scenario numerous times and always occurred just as you described on the next vehicle startup after my system had locked up prior.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:28 PM

I wonder if the Live update will eventually fix the issue of my Navigation Services (SOS services, Remote App, etc). It is supposed to be for 5 years (run con-current with the vehicle warranty), but my says that my License Services expires June of 2020 (it should be 2021).

I have been told by both my salesman and my service rep that it will fix itself. That it is a telematics issue and that JPL is aware of the issue. I was also told it is not a software update but will just come over. I am assuming as part of the Live update. But the Live update I got on 8/8/16 didn't change the date of the expiration of the Navigation Services.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:41 PM

I wonder if the Live update will eventually fix the issue of my Navigation Services (SOS services, Remote App, etc). It is supposed to be for 5 years (run con-current with the vehicle warranty), but my says that my License Services expires June of 2020 (it should be 2021).

I have been told by both my salesman and my service rep that it will fix itself. That it is a telematics issue and that JPL is aware of the issue. I was also told it is not a software update but will just come over. I am assuming as part of the Live update. But the Live update I got on 8/8/16 didn't change the date of the expiration of the Navigation Services.
I understand these updates apply only to Live features which are essentially the apps. It does not impact core system functions like SOS, Navigation, etc.

Here is a link briefly describing the feature and admittedly Jag has done a poor job of documenting what all the features of the ICTP are (probably because sadly they are still working on it)

The following users liked this post:
yntski (08-19-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 08:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand these updates apply only to Live features which are essentially the apps. It does not impact core system functions like SOS, Navigation, etc.

....... admittedly Jag has done a poor job of documenting what all the features of the ICTP are (probably because sadly they are still working on it)
All of the above is true and as you stated JLR has done a poor job of documenting the entire vehicle. I'm not sure if Jaguar is hoping that the sales people will train the end users. I know that my sales guy drives a F Type and relates to me what he knows from his own vehicle.

Old 08-25-2016, 03:29 PM

My salesman knew less about the vehicle than I did I think. Luckily, I have had numerous new vehicles and would rather learn most on my own rather than be misled by the sales person.