XF (X260) 2015 onwards

New XF Owner and Options Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New XF Owner and Options Question

Hey all. New Jaguar XF owner here coming from 25 years of Audi ownership. Was looking at Audi A8 SWB/S8, Merc E350, BMW 535 xDrive and my father suggested that I look at the XF. They have had the flagship Jaguar sedan for years and now have a 2013 XJ and love it. Long story short, I pulled the trigger on the XF and am very pleased with my choice. Got one at a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealer with low miles just over 17,000. Was a head scratcher of a trade in for sure, but to my gain. Question for the group here - I would like to see what options my car came with and keep hitting a dead end in my search. It just gives me the basics when I do a VIN search. Any suggestions or should I just call a dealer with my VIN? Is there a place on the car that lists option codes? Porsche has a sticker on the trunk lid that provides that information. Also, if the car was a CPO, does it come with any additional warranty? Factory warranty is valid until 10/20/2021. Interestingly, the car sold new here in Chicago as a Jaguar Approved CPO vehicle with only 13 miles on the odometer. Just trying to sort out

Old 10-23-2018, 12:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome. I know the XF I purchased three weeks ago was a CPO car but had no details. I called a Jaguar service department and they were able to give me details on the CPO warranty dates/etc with the VIN. You might try that.

EKinSC

Old 10-23-2018, 07:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 436 Likes on 385 Posts

Welcome and congrats
If you go to the TOPiX website, register and put in your VIN you can get your full build sheet, print off pdf etc. topix is the jag info, maintenance guides etc. access to service materials is paid but you can find out about your car details for free

If it was sold at 13 miles while it was 'new' in practice the dealer may have previously registered it to hit a quota. And the warranty starts from that point. So when they actually sold it they may have made it Cpo with longer warranty to compensate for the loss of some warranty period. Call a dealer and they can tell you what's left