XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Towing System - Electrically Deployable Tow Bar

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 04:44 PM
Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Towing System - Electrically Deployable Tow Bar

Has anyone installed this package? I have a 2018 XF S First Edition AWD Sportbrake
I was wondering it was pretty straight-forward install, or if there is anything I need to be aware of that would require dealer involvement. I am pretty mechanically inclined. I had previously installed the lighted door sills in my 2013 XF.
I was also wondering if this is the correct valance as it says V6, but diesel and not gas.

Towing System - Electrically Deployable Tow Bar

The XF Sportbrake bespoke towing system is optimised to work alongside the Trailer Stability Assist traction control system. This system detects when a dangerous trailer sway situation is developing and helps to regain control by gradually reducing speed through cutting engine power and applying the brakes. The towing system features an electrically deployed tow ball offering towing capability of up 2,000kg, 100kg nose load. The electrically deployable tow ball has been designed to fit discreetly behind the bumper, providing a clean attractive finish. The system includes 13 pin towing electrics. Rear bumper valance (dependent on engine derivative) and towing module are required for fitment and need to be ordered separately. Jaguar towing electrics are capable of powering caravans, trailers or lighting boards including those fitted with rear mounted LED lamp kits. However there is a minimum current required which some auxiliary lighting may not support. Please refer to the Owner's Handbook for details of the minimum and maximum electrical loading supported.
Part Number:
T2H23533

The rear bumper valance is a component required for fitment of detachable and electrically deployable towing systems. For 2.0 I4 240PS and 3.0D TDV6 engines only.
Part Number:
T4N4868

Towing System - Towing Module

The module is a component required for fitment of detachable and electrically deployable towing systems. Required for fitment of detachable and electrically deployable towing systems.
Part Number:
T2H30378

The following users liked this post:
JagWire_5280 (06-19-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 03:14 PM
Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts

I would like to follow along if you learn anything about adding the factory electric system to a US Sportbrake.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:22 PM
Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts

I found this page:

https://gear.jaguar.com/gb/en/xf-sportbrake/carrying-towing/towing/t2h23533-t2h30378-t2h30837-electrically-deployable-tow-bar-kit-dual-exhaust/

Which seems to identify the parts for our dual-exhaust US specification Sportbrake S cars. In case the link goes down, it reads as follows:

Electrically Deployable Tow Bar Kit, Dual Exhaust

Other Parts in This Group

1. Electrically Deployable Tow Bar Kit, Downturned Exhaust
  2. Electrically Deployable Tow Bar Kit, LH Exhaust

The XF Sportbrake bespoke towing system is optimised to work alongside the Trailer Stability Assist traction control system. This system detects when a dangerous trailer sway situation is developing and helps to regain control by gradually reducing speed through cutting engine power and applying the brakes. The towing system features an electrically deployed tow ball offering towing capability of up 2,000kg, 100kg nose load. The electrically deployable tow ball has been designed to fit discreetly behind the bumper, providing a clean attractive finish. For 2.0 i4 240PS and 3.0D TDV6 engines only. The system includes 13 pin towing electrics. Kit includes towing module and rear bumper valance. Jaguar towing electrics are capable of powering caravans, trailers or lighting boards including those fitted with rear mounted LED lamp kits. However there is a minimum current required which some auxiliary lighting may not support. Please refer to the Owner's Handbook for details of the minimum and maximum electrical loading supported.

Part Number:T2H23533,T2H30378,T2H30837

Old 10-06-2019, 07:54 PM
Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

I was informed this is only available when added at the time of manufacture at the factory. It is not an add-on accessory.

Old 08-03-2020, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had Stealth Hitches outside Atlanta install "invisible" 2" receiver on my 2018 XF Sportbrake First Edition. They also sell tow ball attachment. Completely invisible until I need it. Very pleased with fit and finish! Highly recommended.

Old 08-08-2020, 02:45 PM
Received 69 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Joel Kelly
I just had Stealth Hitches outside Atlanta install "invisible" 2" receiver on my 2018 XF Sportbrake First Edition. They also sell tow ball attachment. Completely invisible until I need it. Very pleased with fit and finish! Highly recommended.
Any pictures ? 1 1/4" or 2" receiver ? is it hidden or do you attach the receiver with a hitch pin when you need it ? There's a place close to me that can install an EcoHitch on my SportBrake.
https://torkliftcentral.com/select-e...style?vid=4209

Old 10-27-2020, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joel Kelly
Any pictures? Thinking about adding a tow hook to my Sportbrake as well