XF (X260) 2015 onwards

XF Drivers seat mystery movement.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 08:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XF Drivers seat mystery movement.

2016 XF 25T. Hi and thanks for any help in advance. Can anyone tell me why my drivers seat moved backwards once when i opened the door?
I hear there is a auto seat / steering wheel function to allow better access. But I don't know if I have it or how it is turned on or off. Any thoughts?

Old 05-22-2019, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 245 Posts

I am unaware of the EZ entry/exit function moving the seat back ..... only the steering wheel up and that occurs when the knob on the steering column is turned to "auto". I'm not aware of the smart key storing seat position but maybe it does? I've had other cars that did that and automatically adjusted seat/mirrors/steering wheel to the particular key being used.

Old 05-25-2019, 06:18 PM
Default Mystery Drivers seat movement.

Originally Posted by mleskovar
I am unaware of the EZ entry/exit function moving the seat back ..... only the steering wheel up and that occurs when the knob on the steering column is turned to "auto". I'm not aware of the smart key storing seat position but maybe it does? I've had other cars that did that and automatically adjusted seat/mirrors/steering wheel to the particular key being used.
Thanks mleskovar and all the other replies.
I am guessing that a shopping bag may have rested on the No.3 seat memory button and set it retreating backwards while I was getting into the car, as this memory has a similar setting to the initial mystery movement.
It has been an interesting process to set the remote keys to seat settings, for more than one person etc. (as suggested here by others previously).
Sadly disappointed that Jaguar are not set up to respond to these sort of minor enquiries.
One of the worst customer interactions can occur when the company employee doesn't want to lose face and tries to make a fool of the customer as a diversion.
This can write off years of goodwill with customers.

The following users liked this post:
rproscoe (08-13-2019)
Old 06-04-2019, 05:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 416 Likes on 316 Posts

Not sure about your specific model but if you have memory seats, there is often the facility to program a memory position to the key. Have you tried reading the manual?

Old 06-14-2019, 11:19 PM

Hi Mark, Thanks for your reply. Yes I have read the manual extensively and there is no mention of programming it. As I mentioned to another club member, in the absence of any other information coming forward, I am assuming I touched the number 3 seat position on the inside of the door with a shopping bag or something. As the seat moved right back when I opened the door. There may be a case that the car has the wrong owners manual! Who knows. I have contacted Jaguar Head Office and spoke to a guy who was clearly not the man for the job. He yawned in my ear as he answered (I should have asked if I was keeping him up!) and with little patience he went on to demand I read the owners manual and infer I was not very bright. After working for years in manufacturing as a fitter, I relied heavily on tech support for the many different companies to service and repair. And one thing that is immediately obvious, is when the company helper doesn't know his stuff. They always go to berating me, to cover their lack of knowledge. Blokey pride or laziness? Who knows, but very annoying and time wasting. Thanks again for your thoughts. Metalart.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a slightly different seat issue - my drivers seat won't move all the way to the front - Is there any way to set the seat movement limits without bringing it in to the dealer for programming - I heard tale that the seat position memory can mess up if battery is changed .. I have a fancy IQ SOFT OBDII code reader system for the car looks like I might be able to get into the seat module controls if I can find them in all the menus... thought I'd ask someone before I mucked with it too much - OH by the way car is a 2015 XF 3.0 AWD sport

Old 08-12-2019, 10:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by DM914
.... my drivers seat won't move all the way to the front - Is there any way to set the seat movement limits without bringing it in to the dealer for programming - ....
? The limits are physical, not programmable. Use the buttons on the seat to position it where you want and then store that position in memory. If the manual buttons won't move the seat far enough forward then you are out of luck.