XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

20" XJ Kasuga rims on XF

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
I've seen photos of XF's with 22's, a hotly debated topic on this forum. The Butler tire web site has a bunch of XF's with aftermarket's. If you are shopping in the $1k per wheel range you have a lot of options. If you want to be in the $400 or so per wheel range, I would look at Lexani, Gianelle, Giovanna, Savini (BM series), Avenue has a few interesting selections, as well as Ace (if fitting a non SC). Verde is the next level down, but you can tell the difference.
Great info, thanks jaguny! Yeah, definitely not wanting to go with 22" rims, but wanted to make sure the 20" rims fill the well enough with no rubbing and also without jacking the car up and making it look almost raised since I'm not looking to go with lowering springs.

Really not wanting to go the $1k per rim route either so thanks for the suggestions on brands. I'll definitely take a look at those as well.

Appreciate it, guys.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

psinsyd- As Blackcoog said a few posts back, the rolling diameter should not change. The wheel gets bigger - the tire height smaller. There is a wheel/tire calulator on this site that calculates this. Any reputable wheel/tire dealer would also work this out for you. As far as the brands go - I know that Savinai BM's are custom made for you to the 63.4 bore that our Jags have. This may be true of the Lexani's as well. Others may have a hubcentric (universal type) bore, likely in the 70's. I think the matching bore is a better approach, although may not be a problem using hubcentric. Happy shopping. Wheel sites like Carid can give you a good look at what's out there, but I noticed that there is some good pricing on Savini BM series on ebay with the lowest I saw at $1350 for a set of four (non-staggered set up I think). Happy shopping.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:54 PM

So what's the general consensus on everyone's experience with CarID?

Thinking about going through them for the wheel/tire package when I'm ready.

Looking for thoughts on their customer service, the TPMs they offer with their wheel packages, and also any experience input regarding their "guaranteed fitments" of their wheels.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:45 AM

Wanted to keep my fellow XF'ers posted on status.

I've settled on the Lexani CVX55 wheels in the plain silver (not chrome) finish.

Problem is I'm running out of hair to pull out debating whether 20 or 22 to fill the wheel nicely without looking ridiculous since I don't want to lower the XF.

The 'Tube has a vid with a XJ with them in 22", but in chrome finish.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:55 PM
Veteran Member

I think Duke Dallas has 22's on his car. I will see if I can find the thread and post it. Personally I think the 22's are too big. The 21's are pushing it. I think the 20's are the biggest I would go. Remember the bigger the wheel diameter the smaller the tire sidewall height. I think Lexani has some nice wheels. I like a number of them. I would cross shop Carid on ebay just to see what others may offer. Just make sure who ever you buy from is going to give you a guarenteed fit, and will take the wheels back without cost to you if they don't. Most companies will not accept the wheels back if they have been mounted with tires. Some even if you mount them at all (which is ridiculous because you can't test fit them). Read the fine print. I think the TPMS on Carid are fairly expensive. You can buy those separatley at a lower cost elsewhere. One of the forum members bought a used set for real cheap. It's in one of the threads here also. Are you getting an nice pair of Michilen Pilot Super Sports to go with those new wheels? Did you find out what the Lexani's you are considering weigh per wheel?

Last edited by jaguny; 03-27-2013 at 06:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
psinsyd (03-27-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 06:02 PM
Veteran Member

Below is the thread on Duke Dallas' 22's with a photo. They are forged Vellano's. Beautiful wheels. Looking at his car it looks very nice. You can also tell the difference in a high quality product. Try to ignore the less than pleasant comments in the thread if you happen to read it all. Not a shining moment in forum discourse unfortunately.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-ghetto-68865/

I checked previous threads and one of the members here bought used TPMS for tirerack for $15 each!

Also, I ran across a photo of Lexani CVX-44's on another forum members XF. You may want to do some searches and could ask where they purchased there Lexani's.

Last edited by jaguny; 03-27-2013 at 06:13 PM.
psinsyd (03-27-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

They look very classy - I like them.

I agree with Jaguny, 20" will be more than enough.

psinsyd (03-27-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 07:51 PM

Thanks as always for the input, guys.

Starting to lean towards the 20"s based on the input, and MI roads aren't exactly conducive of 22" rims...

I'll do some research on the weight differences as well. I'm hoping the Lexanis aren't heavy cinder block weight rims. Definitely was planning on going with some good tires instead of the CarID package options they offer, but will need to research reviews on something like Tire Rack.

I did see the other forum member on here with the CVX44s, and they look slick as well. I'm hoping the CVX55s in plain silver finish will keep a nice stock-like look to it.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Glad to hear you are going with the 20s.

When i test drove the XF SC with the 20s and it felt more "choppy" than the 19s on my XF do. The 22s would really be tough on the suspension too.

Anyways, looking forward to the pictures.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Executive
Glad to hear you are going with the 20s.

When i test drove the XF SC with the 20s and it felt more "choppy" than the 19s on my XF do. The 22s would really be tough on the suspension too.

Anyways, looking forward to the pictures.
Gotcha. Yeah, I think the peace of mind of going with the 20s will be worth it.

Will definitely keep you guys posted. Most likely going to pull the trigger in a month or two once the house projects are also complete.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:12 PM

Guys,

Welp, looks like it's almost time to pull the trigger on the wheels and tires, so here's a last couple of newb questions for you guys.

Leaning towards going with 20" XO Tokyo wheels, and I've got a pic below. Wheels will be 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear.

Questions are:
- which offsets should I order for the fronts and rears? I like a decent flush or close-to-flush look but don't want them to stick out in any way.

- recommendations on tire sizes for the above; figured I would come to the experts here rather than blindly take a wheel/tire shop's word for it.

Let me know what you think!

Attached Thumbnails 20" XJ Kasuga rims on XF-photo_path_28.jpg  
Old 04-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by psinsyd
Guys,

Welp, looks like it's almost time to pull the trigger on the wheels and tires, so here's a last couple of newb questions for you guys.

Leaning towards going with 20" XO Tokyo wheels, and I've got a pic below. Wheels will be 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear.

Questions are:
- which offsets should I order for the fronts and rears? I like a decent flush or close-to-flush look but don't want them to stick out in any way.

- recommendations on tire sizes for the above; figured I would come to the experts here rather than blindly take a wheel/tire shop's word for it.

Let me know what you think!

I would go with 35 offset front and 45 offset rear. Stock tires.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:37 PM

And here is an example of what it would look like. Except, a half inch difference front and rear. 20x9 35 offset front and 20x10.5 45 offset rear. And it's lowered which looks great!
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...804#post711804

Last edited by chXFS; 04-18-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by chXFS
And here is an example of what it would look like. Except, a half inch difference front and rear. 20x9 35 offset front and 20x10.5 45 offset rear. And it's lowered which looks great!
2012 Lowering Spring Installation Help - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Thanks chXFS. With the wheels being a half inch more narrow in the front and rear, any recommendation of making any of that up in a different offset?

Also, I currently have the 18" rims on mine, so the stock tires would be a stretch!...no pun intended!

Old 04-18-2013, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by psinsyd
Thanks chXFS. With the wheels being a half inch more narrow in the front and rear, any recommendation of making any of that up in a different offset?

Also, I currently have the 18" rims on mine, so the stock tires would be a stretch!...no pun intended!
The difference is 12.7mm. I would recommend staying with the offset I suggested and if you didn't think it was aggresive enough, you can always ad 12mm spacers. I would feel uncomfortable to recommend a 23mm offset front and 33mm offset rear.

And I was referring to stock 20" tires.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by chXFS
The difference is 12.7mm. I would recommend staying with the offset I suggested and if you didn't think it was aggresive enough, you can always ad 12mm spacers. I would feel uncomfortable to recommend a 23mm offset front and 33mm offset rear.

And I was referring to stock 20" tires.
Gotcha, thanks man!

Old 04-24-2013, 03:40 PM

I started a thread in the wheels and tires section on how things are progressing, however I would hardly call it progress...

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/w...booming-94179/

Old 04-27-2013, 12:56 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Just be safe and put 8.5 inch OEM sentas or selena wheels on your xf, add a spacer to the rears if you want a bit more offset. Sounds like too much drama going aftermarket.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by H20boy
Just be safe and put 8.5 inch OEM sentas or selena wheels on your xf, add a spacer to the rears if you want a bit more offset. Sounds like too much drama going aftermarket.
Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to buy something just to buy them so I'll wait to see how it pans out. Still poking around the net to make sure I cover all options.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:09 PM

Welp, the journey is finally complete. Got them mounted yesterday, and gave her the Zymol wash, Mother's clay bar, and Zymol Jaguar wax treatment today. Always have used Zymol products and the Jaguar wax is very impressive.

For the wheels, I wanted something that could almost be passed off as stock, but also made the car stand out. Really gives the car a whole new look and stance over the stock wheels.

One word of caution....when polishing the exhaust tips, be very careful when working on the bottom of the tip towards the front of the car. Take a look under there. You'll see a cutout with a very sharp edge. Sliced my finger on it when using Never-Dull on the tips.

Enjoy and holler if you have any questions!

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/w...e2/#post748675

Quick Reply: 20" XJ Kasuga rims on XF