XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2010 XF Premium vs Infiniti M56 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 04:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts
Default 2010 XF Premium vs Infiniti M56 Sport

I got a newsletter from Automobile Mag and I would like it share with you .I thought it would give a taste of upcoming new XJ Owners .

Here is the link to it

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...ort/index.html

Old 08-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is a comparison of the XF Premium vs. M56, not the XJ as stated in your subject. I've driven both, and I'd give the nod to the M56 for styling. M56 Sport vs. XFR...tight match...not sure which I'd choose on the performance side.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member

Yup,I have corrected that as soon as I noticed I made a mistake .
Thanks anyway ,the very 1st pic on the main page fooled me off

Old 08-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kid delicious
This is a comparison of the XF Premium vs. M56, not the XJ as stated in your subject. I've driven both, and I'd give the nod to the M56 for styling. M56 Sport vs. XFR...tight match...not sure which I'd choose on the performance side.

The XFR has way more performance than the m56, its not even close. The Jag would cost more,but its still cheaper than a m5 of e63. The XFR is a whole second faster through the quarter mile than the M56

Old 08-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Received 21 Likes on 3 Posts

The take away from the article (at least what I gleaned from it) was that even if the M56 had better straight line performance that the XF was a better in the real world with a better chassis / suspension set up, especially in the twisties.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeFL52
The take away from the article (at least what I gleaned from it) was that even if the M56 had better straight line performance that the XF was a better in the real world with a better chassis / suspension set up, especially in the twisties.
That seems to be what I have noticed also. When you look at real world performance Jaguars seem to do much better than their competitors in this capacity and this seems to be a trait across the product lines. Rather than optimizing performance for a given test or a track car, Jaguar has chosen to optimize their performance for actual road conditions a typical customer would encounter.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jerry the Jaguar
The XFR has way more performance than the m56, its not even close. The Jag would cost more,but its still cheaper than a m5 of e63. The XFR is a whole second faster through the quarter mile than the M56

Sorry, I was unclear in my post. What I was saying is that, factoring in the performance, I'm not sure which I'd choose. Based on styling alone, the M56S walks away with it for me. If I consider the performance specs along with that, I'm not sure which I'd choose. Ugly and faster or pretty and slower.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 260 Posts

The Infiniti is just ugly. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that but really the Mona Lisa is better than any velvet painting I've ever seen. At some level beauty is objective and at that level the Infiniti is just ugly (all Infinitis are ugly, actually, all Japanese styled cars are ugly, certain RX7's and the Mazda Miata excepted, both of which were California designs.)

Last edited by jagular; 08-19-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:06 PM

Did you really just use a Mazda Miata as the exception to the ugly Japanese car rule??

Old 08-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts

Did you really just use a Mazda Miata as the exception to the ugly Japanese car rule??
KD are you not ac427 from the stype forum?
Same strange location for home.
Maybe just a coincidence.

Last edited by MyBlackCat; 08-18-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by MyBlackCat
KD are you not ac427 from the stype forum?
Same strange location for home.
Maybe just a coincidence.

Hey, no clue who ac427 is. My name is Paul and my strange location is No VA....Northern Virginia. Old Town Alexandria to be exact.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I was unclear in my post. What I was saying is that, factoring in the performance, I'm not sure which I'd choose. Based on styling alone, the M56S walks away with it for me. If I consider the performance specs along with that, I'm not sure which I'd choose. Ugly and faster or pretty and slower.
Your one of the very few people that would call an XF ugly lol, but hey thats your opinion!

Old 08-18-2010, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry the Jaguar
Your one of the very few people that would call an XF ugly lol, but hey thats your opinion!

"Less attractive and faster, or prettier and slower" would have been a better choice of words. I don't think it's ugly at all actually. Don't think it's a stunner either, but not ugly. My bad on that.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Veteran Member

You are virtually alone in that opinion. You must also think that the Aston Martins and the Maseratis are a tad homely. You are destined to save a lot of money on cars as the ugly ones are usually quite cheap.

The new Cadillacs may appeal to you. If I bought one I would only be able to drive it at night.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by jagular
You are virtually alone in that opinion. You must also think that the Aston Martins and the Maseratis are a tad homely. You are destined to save a lot of money on cars as the ugly ones are usually quite cheap.

The new Cadillacs may appeal to you. If I bought one I would only be able to drive it at night.

Who is this post directed towards?

Old 08-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member

Whoever thinks the Infiniti looks good and the Jaguar XF not so good.

Very, very few people in the entire World would think so....although perhaps the Asian mind sees things differently, I don;t know, I am not Asian.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by jagular
Whoever thinks the Infiniti looks good and the Jaguar XF not so good.

Very, very few people in the entire World would think so....although perhaps the Asian mind sees things differently, I don;t know, I am not Asian.

1. Where in the world did you get the idea that you somehow have your finger on the aesthetic pulse of the population (excluding Asians, of course)? You're not simply stating your opinion, which you're entirely entitled to. However, you've decided that those who disagree with you are not entitled. And that, in fact, you have some kind of empirical evidence to demonstrate that a remarkably small % of individuals (virtually none other than myself according to you) prefer the appearance of an Infinity M56 to a XF. And frankly, that small % (if there really is anyone else on the planet who agrees with me) have no taste and prefer ugly cars. Are you starting to catch my drift? Please take away two things from this; a) don't ever assume that you can speak for everyone else...you can't. Your opinion is your own, and is not necessarily reflective of what everyone else thinks...despite what you tell yourself. b) someone who disagrees with you on a matter of personal taste is not wrong...they just disagree. Believe it or not, you are not the barometer of taste.

2. Your comment about Asians is amazingly stupid and insulting. You basically decided to lump 4 billion people into one basket, and speak as if the "Asian mind" is a monolithic idea. What's more, you have decided that the only people who have poor enough taste to appreciate an M56S over an XF are potentially Asians. As if to imply that they're the only part of the world's population that has bad enough taste, or that they have bad taste at all. Did you really have no idea when you were writing that how insulting that is??

Old 08-21-2010, 04:35 AM
Veteran Member

This will go nowhere .Each one has their own tastes and opinions .
I am closing the thread for now to cool the temperature down .

Not only Asians may be some Europeans and other nations would pick up Infiniti or other Japanese makes over Jaguar but still that doesn't make them silly just because they pick up Infiniti

So, jagular's message can be misunderstood by others even though he would not like to insult at others . Forums rules are strict on it and any actions firing up hatred, harassment will not be tolerated .He was not aware of what his post will end up like that

kid's slightly oversensitive but he has good points in his posts too

Old 08-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member

cadillac correctly divines that I meant no slur against anyone, certainly not on "racial" grounds. Oddly, there is some evidence that persons with Asian genetic ancestry may process sensory inputs in measurably different ways than those without the benefit of Asian DNA. Nobody has yet done the measuring. There is no indication that such differences could be regarded as in any way inferior, just different. As always, separating cultural influences from genetic influences defeat the best methods that science currently has available. "beauty" as they say is entirely in the eye of the beholder. Be careful how you begin threads, they may lead to unintended places.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Interesting. I thought the XF looked much nicer. The M56 looks too much like a jag wannabe. The problem with many Japanese cars is that they want to be another brand. Doesn't work for me. I guess to each his own

Quick Reply: 2010 XF Premium vs Infiniti M56 Sport