XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2012 Mina Gallery Group buys

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Received 177 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by chXFS
http://www.ioffer.com/i/car-carbon-chrome-badge-emblem-leaping-jaguar-3d-logo-487616812
Thanks. I just tried to buy it, but the website is weird. Instead of letting me pay on the spot, it said that I'd purchased the item, and that the seller would contact me with payment instructions. Talk about making it hard to do business. I guess I'll wait to hear back...

Old 04-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Kyu
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah that's how ioffer works.

and as for the other members, sorry on my late response.. this weekend was a hold up hostage from religious beliefs.. I emailed Mina the members names and handle with parts they're interested in.

I'm still awaiting on some sort of a coupon code they can just make, so that these process can be quicker and faster, I can just respond to members with the code.

and btw I'm considering doing a full vynl wrap to pearl white after continuous sinning pics of reaxions kitty..

Reaxions you're not helping my wallet with your pics ! economy isn't so great, and your sexy car isnt helping me save up !

The following users liked this post:
Reaxions (04-02-2013)
Old 04-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

Excellent. Thanks for your efforts.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in the Mina exhaust for my 2009 XF . KYU I can't PM you . I guess I am too new to this sight. Any help from anyone on this problem would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 04-02-2013, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kyu
yeah that's how ioffer works.

and as for the other members, sorry on my late response.. this weekend was a hold up hostage from religious beliefs.. I emailed Mina the members names and handle with parts they're interested in.

I'm still awaiting on some sort of a coupon code they can just make, so that these process can be quicker and faster, I can just respond to members with the code.

and btw I'm considering doing a full vynl wrap to pearl white after continuous sinning pics of reaxions kitty..

Reaxions you're not helping my wallet with your pics ! economy isn't so great, and your sexy car isnt helping me save up !
Thanks. I just put on the Mina Gallery red R wheel center caps (see pix), which go well with my black wheels and painted calipers. I also ordered the CF side louvers and mirror covers. Chris said it would be a week before he had the mirror covers are ready, though. Hopefully, he'll give me some feedback on the spoilers, soon, so I can add one of those. Not sure what else I can do, though, after that. Or, I should say that I can't think of anything else I'd want to do after that. But, I'm sure that'll change at some point.

For the immediate future, I'm turning my attention to my '12 Rover Sport Supercharged. I already got all of the plastic exterior pillar covers painted to match the body, as well as the silver accent piece on the back. There's a lot more I want to do, I just don't have time until I finish my MBA in July, especially since our little boy just turned 6 months old. But, I guess now is as good a time as any to get him into cars. Ha-ha.

Attached Thumbnails 2012 Mina Gallery Group buys-2013-03-30-17.23.35.jpg  

Last edited by Reaxions; 04-03-2013 at 08:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Bigdog0598 (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

How much are the CF mirror covers?

Old 04-03-2013, 06:46 PM

I'm not even sure. He keeps my credit card on file, so I just told him what I wanted and told him to bill me for everything at once (even the stuff that wasn't ready yet). So far, it it hasn't hit my card, but even if it had, I wouldn't know how everything was broken out. Sorry. I'd just call him and ask.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:38 AM

Any updates? Thanks!

Old 04-10-2013, 08:14 AM

On Friday, April 5th, regarding the Speed Pack spoiler, Chris said, "I have been speaking with Jaguar (US and England) nearly every day this week about this spoiler. I have had it on order for nearly two weeks now and the latest is that it is on back order with not eta. I called in a favor and had the guys e-mail the inventory manager and now waiting to hear back."

On Saturday, April 6th, Chris followed up with me regarding my CF mirror covers and side louvers and said, "Our new stock on CF items should be this coming Thursday." He then went on to answer a question I'd asked about his opinion on my spoiler options (either CF lip-style, Fiberglass Speed Pack, or CF Speed Pack) and said, "In terms of the spoiler I would personally do the speed spoiler (either option). We purchased a rear trunk and rear window in order to get the best fitment out of our XF spoiler/roof spoiler molds. That being the case they fit really well and the install is not very difficult." Chris didn't provide any update on timing, though (granted, it was only a day after he told me that he was still waiting to hear back from Jaguar).

I haven't heard anything else from him this week, so I'll likely call him today...

Last edited by Reaxions; 04-10-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:33 PM

Thanks, Reaxions. Kyu - any update on the group buy discount from Mina?

Old 04-11-2013, 05:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

I am interested in the rotary shifter if they are still making it. They have not posted it on their website.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:47 AM

Latest update, last night/this morning, April 11 @ 2 AM EST:

"Just a quick update. Got the new batch of fender louvers today but still waiting for the mirrors (should be tomorrow). I still haven't received word from Jaguar about the spoiler release. The inventory manager tells me that they do not have the spoilers yet from the supplier (although they are confirmed to be in production)."

Old 04-14-2013, 12:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has this been purchased yet? I'm interested.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by bryanbailey06
Has this been purchased yet? I'm interested.
It's my understanding that the spoilers haven't been purchased through a group buy from Mina, because he can't begin to make them until he receives an OEM version to copy, which appears to still be several weeks away. I haven't ever taken advantage of a group buy, as Chris usually gives me what I consider to be fair deals already. But, that's probably because I've already spent quite a bit of money with him and continue to spend more.

And, it's my understanding that for him to accommodate a group buy, he'd have to have enough people interested for him to manufacture the parts in bulk, thereby decreasing his cost. But, unless people pre-pay, and potentially wait several weeks or even months to receive their orders, he has to take the risk of fronting the money for manufacturing, which can present significant risk to a small business owner.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:45 AM

Reaxions, if you were to worried about to much carbon on the back you could just get the FG Speed Pack spoiler and maybe get the carbon fiber leaper.
chXFS, I'm pleased to present, straight from Hong Kong, the Carbon Fiber Jaguar Leaper. I haven't had a chance to stand back and really evaluate whether I prefer it to the black one I previously had on, because it's been raining for the past few days down here, but I was surprised by how good the quality seems to be. The carbon fiber film seems to have been baked onto the logo and is flawless in coverage and finish, and the back was fully and exactly covered in 3M auto adhesive. It cost me a grand total of $16.49 (including shipping) and took less than 2 weeks to make it's way around the world and into my mailbox. The only issue, if you can call it that, is that the adhesive squeezed out just a tad between the emblem and the trunk when I pushed it down hard. So, maybe the 3M adhesive is a tad too thick? But, I'm kind of nitpicky about this stuff, where a lot of others wouldn't be. I've used a lot of the 3M auto adhesives, including the squeeze tube and the tape (which this is), and the tape can sometimes prevent emblems/trim from sitting exactly flush because of its thickness (even though it's really thin). But, as soon as I have a chance (and, if I decide to keep it on), I'll just take a credit card edge (or something similar) and push any adhesive back under the emblem.

Thanks again, chXFS, for suggesting it.

Attached Thumbnails 2012 Mina Gallery Group buys-2013-04-12-18.38.20small.jpg   2012 Mina Gallery Group buys-2013-04-12-18.40.46small.jpg   2012 Mina Gallery Group buys-2013-04-15-09.07.22cropped.jpg   2012 Mina Gallery Group buys-2013-04-15-09.07.27small.jpg  
Old 04-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaxions
chXFS, I'm pleased to present, straight from Hong Kong, the Carbon Fiber Jaguar Leaper. I haven't had a chance to stand back and really evaluate whether I prefer it to the black one I previously had on, because it's been raining for the past few days down here, but I was surprised by how good the quality seems to be. The carbon fiber film seems to have been baked onto the logo and is flawless in coverage and finish, and the back was fully and exactly covered in 3M auto adhesive. It cost me a grand total of $16.49 (including shipping) and took less than 2 weeks to make it's way around the world and into my mailbox. The only issue, if you can call it that, is that the adhesive squeezed out just a tad between the emblem and the trunk when I pushed it down hard. So, maybe the 3M adhesive is a tad too thick? But, I'm kind of nitpicky about this stuff, where a lot of others wouldn't be. I've used a lot of the 3M auto adhesives, including the squeeze tube and the tape (which this is), and the tape can sometimes prevent emblems/trim from sitting exactly flush because of its thickness (even though it's really thin). But, as soon as I have a chance (and, if I decide to keep it on), I'll just take a credit card edge (or something similar) and push any adhesive back under the emblem.

Thanks again, chXFS, for suggesting it.
Any time, thanks for sharing to the process and pics. I think it looks great. Just might have order me one now. My XF is white as well and I'm kinda going for the same look. Ohh and that was also me you responded to about the Mina Exhaust I just installed. In your opinion, I know you have already ordered all the carbon fiber options out there, but what do you think about wrapping the side mirrors and side vents with 3M carbon fiber. I'm on the fence, I kind want to do real carbon like you. But the 3M does look realy good. Thoughts?

Old 04-16-2013, 03:31 AM

Latest update from Mina at 2 AM on April 16th, Monday night/Tuesday morning: "Still waiting on a large shipment so do not yet have the mirror covers, but will send the louvers tomorrow. I want to wait a few days until I call Jaguar again because I am also waiting on a 2012 XK bumper which is also in the same situation (back ordered with no eta) and I think between these two parts I am driving them crazy. I just get the impression they do not have any late model parts available yet."

Old 04-16-2013, 03:45 AM

Any time, thanks for sharing to the process and pics. I think it looks great. Just might have order me one now. My XF is white as well and I'm kinda going for the same look. Ohh and that was also me you responded to about the Mina Exhaust I just installed. In your opinion, I know you have already ordered all the carbon fiber options out there, but what do you think about wrapping the side mirrors and side vents with 3M carbon fiber. I'm on the fence, I kind want to do real carbon like you. But the 3M does look realy good. Thoughts?
I always try to use real CF whenever possible, which can be really tough with low-volume cars like the XF. I wrapped one small interior trim piece with 3M CF film and liked the look, but I didn't like it enough to use it anywhere else. I do think the film is more suited for the interior than the exterior, though. I think doing the mirrors with it would probably be OK, but I wouldn't do the side vents/louvers (or anything else on the exterior). I think the film looks OK, but if you have any real CF on your car, the film will really look cheap in contrast.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Real CF isn't that hard to buy...pick some up and take your time to do a good job...

Old 04-16-2013, 11:23 PM

I got impatient and ordered on my own. This may be the best bet for everyone. They gave me a great deal when I mentioned the forum threads regarding their products. Honestly, I don't think I could have asked for better prices or customer service. I have dealt with a lot of the big tuners in the Audi scene, Stasis, AWE, 034, etc., and Mina has to be the most honest, responsive and reasonably priced I have dealt with yet. Hopefully the products live up to my experience thus far; they should be arriving soon.

As an aside, would anyone be interested in some form of front bumper piece to go in the stock XF side bumper openings? Not quite sure what yet, but something like the LED blades, maybe a blade delete and mesh, any other ideas? Not quite sure I want a lip, so this may be a better option. Just a little something subtle, and reversible, to make the front a little more aggressive without looking forced. Mina has a bunch of things in the works, but not in this area. They seem to be responsive to customer demand and may be able to be persuaded to put something together at a reasonable price.

Last edited by caviarjag; 04-16-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Quick Reply: 2012 Mina Gallery Group buys