XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2012 Mina Gallery Group buys

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Kyu
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2012 Mina Gallery Group buys

Hey all,
So I've already ordered parts but I am just putting this option out there to see if I can motivate others into wanting parts while I get some, let me know if anyone is interested in a group buy and I'll convince Chris to discount for us.

What I'm getting is
- 2012 xf pulley (2.5lb)
- 2012 xf exhaust
- 2012 xf springs (lowers 1.3")
- 2012 xf rear roof spoiler
- 2012 xf speed pack spoiler (also in cf)

Other projects from Mina gallery, I'll ask if I can reveal them, if they ok it ill see if anyone else wants to do a group buy on those as well

Old 03-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Count me in. I am looking to purchase a Mina Exhaust for my 2012 XFR.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

I missed the first exhaust group buy but if they could work out a good price again and include the rear diffuser, black out grill, and/or some sort of spoiler option, I would be interested in placing an order. Do they ever post on here?

Old 03-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same Here...considering a Mina Exhaust for my XFR.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Kyu

Im waiting to hear back from Chris,
I made this thread to inform others of potential group buy
There are other projects that Mina is doing for exterior parts
Very unique stuff, that I love.
After I get an OK i'm allowed to mention it, I'll also add that into possible group buy

But everything would have to be separate. Separate group buy for exhaust, and separate group buy for Spoilers and etc etc.

I'll re update and edit my first post once I get all the answers back from Chris.

Anything anyone wants to group buy from Mina Gallery, please put your suggestions here and I'll see if we can get a group buy on them

Old 03-26-2013, 03:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group Buy

I would be interested in an exhaust for my 2011 XF Supercharged and the Speed Pack rear spoiler.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:43 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I would potentially be interested in the Speed Pack Spoiler as well.

Any potential for DRL crome blades?

Old 03-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Kyu

Ok so here is the update fellow Jaggies

Good news and Bad news

The Bad news, I don't think I can get enough individuals for a group buy.
It will need to be all separate , Exhaust .. Separate group, Pulleys separate groups etc etc.

My personal orders are already in, Like I said I was only suggesting group buys to help support Mina and at the same time Help save JF members.

Ok now the good news

I have convinced Chris at Mina to offer Forum Member Discounts which would've been about the same price as doing a Group buy !

This would give us both what we want, More Mina G. Support, and Offer Discounts for JF members without having to Gather many, and also In case someone misses out the Group buy they can still get discounted parts.

PM me for more info,
and also PM for what you need and your name,
That way me and Chris can verify back and fourth for discounts

Old 03-28-2013, 09:44 PM

Sent you a PM. If you can say, what other products does Mina have coming along?

Old 03-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Kyu

Some exterior projects for more aerodynamic appreance and etc. a lot of Xfr replicas and also in cf finish. I for one can't wait till I get my front to look even more aggressive without having to replace my bumper. Sportier looking but not in a ricey way, but a sexy jag way. They're just testing to make sure quality will be at its finest without breaking our wallets

U guys already probably guessed but stuff like intakes are on hold as no designs are effective and even filter replacements isn't as effective, certainly sounds there but jags oem design is pretty good actually, I mean it could be a whole lot better but it's doing fairly well , atleast for my model
Sort if like how bmw m3 oem air filter design is more effective than after markets

As a continue from one of our threads xf speedpack spoilers I'm going to be one of the first to get theirs on. I'll post a pic, probably in about 2 weeks. And I'll also get a non installed pic of the carbons fiber version when I go pick up my car, should be also done by then,

The carbon fiber should be so sweeeet, wished I had a white car now, lol cf spoiler, cf hood vent , cf side vent, with cf front lip spoiler would be one sexy ride

Too bad mines black, I went with painted to give it a classic sporty look, nothing flashy

Last edited by Kyu; 03-28-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:24 AM

Please keep us updated on the new parts and group buy/discount details. I am itching to buy some things but want to wait until everything is available and the discount is finalized.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:54 AM
Received 177 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyu
Some exterior projects for more aerodynamic appreance and etc. a lot of Xfr replicas and also in cf finish. I for one can't wait till I get my front to look even more aggressive without having to replace my bumper. Sportier looking but not in a ricey way, but a sexy jag way. They're just testing to make sure quality will be at its finest without breaking our wallets

U guys already probably guessed but stuff like intakes are on hold as no designs are effective and even filter replacements isn't as effective, certainly sounds there but jags oem design is pretty good actually, I mean it could be a whole lot better but it's doing fairly well , atleast for my model
Sort if like how bmw m3 oem air filter design is more effective than after markets

As a continue from one of our threads xf speedpack spoilers I'm going to be one of the first to get theirs on. I'll post a pic, probably in about 2 weeks. And I'll also get a non installed pic of the carbons fiber version when I go pick up my car, should be also done by then,

The carbon fiber should be so sweeeet, wished I had a white car now, lol cf spoiler, cf hood vent , cf side vent, with cf front lip spoiler would be one sexy ride

Too bad mines black, I went with painted to give it a classic sporty look, nothing flashy
Since I've already got the CF front splitters, CF hood louvers, and CF rear diffuser, I'm tempted to do the Speed Pack spoiler in CF. I'm afraid it could be too much on my white car, though. I'm definitely going to pull the trigger on one of the following; the CF lip-style spoiler, the fiberglass Speed Pack spoiler, or the CF Speed Pack spoiler. I'm just not sure which yet.

It's great that you live close enough to take your car to Mina, because I've had some issues with fit and finish of all of the CF stuff I got from them (which I hope they have under control now).

I had problems fitting both of the CF rear diffusers I got from them, even when I took them to a good body shop (they had to send me a second version because the quality of the first model was sub-par). Even now, there's still a little bit of a gap on the edges where the valance connects to the bumper. The body shop said the only way to make it fit perfectly would be to do some serious sanding, etc. I plan on doing it at some point, but it hasn't bothered me enough yet to take it back in.

The CF front splitters were a lot shallower than I wanted and were really hard to adhere on the edges because of that. In addition to the adhesive tape, I also added some screws underneath to further secure them. Mina could've gone much deeper without intruding with anything, so that they could be mounted more securely.

The hood louvers didn't have any clips and the vent holes weren't finished evenly; they should've used a rotary tool to more thoroughly clean up the inside edges (which I ended up doing). In addition, one of the P's in the "Supercharged" lettering wasn't fully pressed into the epoxy. I was initially worried about the louvers blowing off at high speeds, since they were just adhered and didn't have any clips like the OEM versions, but they've held on at over 170 MPH without any issues, which makes me feel a lot better. I still have my OEM louvers, though, just in case something does happen.

Additionally, I wish Mina had pix of all of the CF stuff on a white car, or some other lighter color than black. It's so hard to tell how the CF really looks when it blends into the black paint. I'm tempted to do the CF side louvers and mirror covers, too, but wish they replaced the OEM pieces, rather than just popping on top as covers.

Anyway, I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on everything, and might wait to make my purchases until you post your impressions.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Kyu

Originally Posted by caviarjag
Please keep us updated on the new parts and group buy/discount details. I am itching to buy some things but want to wait until everything is available and the discount is finalized.
Hey no problem, I'll get back to u once I get to work, stuck in traffic on my way to work right now lol ugggggh Fridays !

And to reaxions ,
I'm sorry to hear that. Next weekend when I head over to Mina's I'll post a pic of the spoilers before the install and see how well it sits just ontop of the trunk, so u can get an idea of the fitment. I know what u mean by maybe too much cf, but if I had a white car id go for it lol, the sporty look suits this car so well.
Hopefully there will be a light colored xf there for me to place the cf one ontop of to help give an idea.
I'll also bring up ur troublesome with their products to see if I can convince something in ur favor , but I'll do that in person

Btw ur Xfr is inspirational , I love it !

I'll keep u all updated shortly

And I'll answer the pm soon,

The following users liked this post:
Reaxions (03-29-2013)
Old 03-29-2013, 10:40 AM

Reaxions, thank you for the informative post. Do you have any pictures of the parts in your car that you would be willing to share? Also, am I missing something on Mina's site or are half if these parts unlisted? Kind if a shame because I am interested but don't know what they look like, how much they cost, or even if they exist - by this I mean other parts I may be interested in but am unaware of.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by caviarjag
Reaxions, thank you for the informative post. Do you have any pictures of the parts in your car that you would be willing to share? Also, am I missing something on Mina's site or are half if these parts unlisted? Kind if a shame because I am interested but don't know what they look like, how much they cost, or even if they exist - by this I mean other parts I may be interested in but am unaware of.
No problem. I'd been hesitant to share some of this on the forum, because I really do like Mina and didn't want anyone to get a negative impression. But, the reality is that I've had some minor issues with some of the carbon fiber stuff. And, yes, they do sell items which they don't have posted on their website. Some of them are in development, and they may not post them until they've decided to sell them (in case they decide an item is too difficult to make at a decent profit, etc.). But, Chris is a really good guy and will talk to you about options, so just give him a call and ask him about what he's got that may not be listed. And, if there are some items you'd like him to offer, mention them to him and see what he says (example; I'd talked to him about a carbon fiber engine cover at one point).

I've posted pix in other threads, but I'll attach a few here, so you can see how everything looks...

Attached Thumbnails 2012 Mina Gallery Group buys-2013-03-29-11.49.54.jpg   2012 Mina Gallery Group buys-2013-03-29-11.52.08.jpg   2012 Mina Gallery Group buys-2013-03-29-11.52.14.jpg   2012 Mina Gallery Group buys-2013-03-29-11.52.39.jpg  

Last edited by Reaxions; 03-29-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

I find myself very interested in the carbon fiber mirror covers, which do not show on Mina's website. I realize they go over the body color mirrors rather than replace the stock pieces, so instead of saving weight it adds weight, but I think the look would be cool. My car is Lunar Gray Metallic, so maybe the CF would be wasted if there was not enough contrast. Wish I could see a picture, and especially wish I knew the price.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:19 PM
Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaxions
No problem. I'd been hesitant to share some of this on the forum, because I really do like Mina and didn't want anyone to get a negative impression. But, the reality is that I've had some minor issues with some of the carbon fiber stuff. I've posted pix in other threads, but I'll attach a few here, so you can see how everything looks.
Reaxions, if you were to worried about to much carbon on the back you could just get the FG Speed Pack spoiler and maybe get the carbon fiber leaper.

Attached Thumbnails 2012 Mina Gallery Group buys-dcd649ba-f7f6-4b0c-a174-2b0b4b909d3e-4639-0000039a7267dbe1_zpsad2b4e33.jpg  
Reaxions (03-29-2013)
Old 03-29-2013, 07:21 PM

I've never seen that CF leaper before, and am very tempted to order one to see how it looks - I waste a lot of money on trial and error. Ha-ha. Can you tell me who sells it?

Old 03-29-2013, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Swimref
I find myself very interested in the carbon fiber mirror covers, which do not show on Mina's website. I realize they go over the body color mirrors rather than replace the stock pieces, so instead of saving weight it adds weight, but I think the look would be cool. My car is Lunar Gray Metallic, so maybe the CF would be wasted if there was not enough contrast. Wish I could see a picture, and especially wish I knew the price.
Here's a pic of Mina's CF mirror covers and side louvers. Again, it's really hard to tell how they look because they blend into the black paint so much. I can't remember the pricing, but give Chris at Mina a call and ask him. I do remember they weren't expensive, though.

Attached Thumbnails 2012 Mina Gallery Group buys-xf-mirror-fender.jpg  

Last edited by Reaxions; 03-29-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaxions
I've never seen that CF leaper before, and am very tempted to order one to see how it looks - I waste a lot of money on trial and error. Ha-ha. Can you tell me who sells it?
http://www.ioffer.com/i/car-carbon-chrome-badge-emblem-leaping-jaguar-3d-logo-487616812

Last edited by chXFS; 03-29-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Reaxions (03-29-2013)

Quick Reply: 2012 Mina Gallery Group buys