XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Any updates on performance parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Any updates on performance parts

Anything new on the market for the xfr? Any new tunes? Air intakes or air intake mods? I have the Mina exhaust and would like some more power to accompany it. The pulley is a no go due to the ridiculous difficulty in the installation process.

The following users liked this post:
bandit788 (10-17-2012)
Old 09-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I firmly believe that any parts you put on the XFR are useless until we find someone who can lift more limiters in the ECU/TCU. It always seems to hold back any power a add on part would give. A matter of fact I think I proved this already, so find a good tuner and youll find much hidden power while still being in the safe zone.

Badcatt (10-26-2015)
Old 09-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

You could always look into unsprung weight, wheels, tires, rotors. Its been a debate on other forums but maybe someone here could chime in.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member

That did not work either. We removed 500 lbs out of an XFR and we seen 0 gains anywhere. Once the ECU/TCU can both be flashed, then we can do lots more very easily. And I have a guy in Canada who is sending me some goodies to test out.
I also found a friend who can flash the Brand New XFR-S FW into my ECU. Gonna be some fun this month.

Badcatt (10-26-2015)
Old 09-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm very interested in the XFRS ecu flash...

Old 09-19-2012, 04:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

xfr-s flash...count me in too

Old 09-19-2012, 10:43 AM

I'm interested in the flash as well

Old 09-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

count me in for the flash

Old 09-20-2012, 05:26 AM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
That did not work either. We removed 500 lbs out of an XFR and we seen 0 gains anywhere. Once the ECU/TCU can both be flashed, then we can do lots more very easily. And I have a guy in Canada who is sending me some goodies to test out.
I also found a friend who can flash the Brand New XFR-S FW into my ECU. Gonna be some fun this month.
Being in Canada I'd like to know who you are dealing with up here?

Old 09-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Veteran Member

I can not tell as this is still in the packaging phase. He is going to market it once it is all package to be sold, I am just another person he is using to make sure all is perfect. I even will be going to my local dealer to have my car scanned before and after to verify the flash is there and it is what they say it is. We are hoping this can also be marketed at local dealers as an pre-XFR-S performance package to all the XF S/C and R's out there. Factory warranty even stays in place as it is an OEM Flash.

Now the TCU is not an OEM flash but rather what all the other tuners are wanting. The TCU flash will just lift off many limiters that are in place by Jaguar. These limiters are the same limiters that Jagaur uses to De-Tune the Xf,XF SC,XFR, XFR-S. So they are just gonna lift all the limiters up to the XFR-S and the na few more to give that extra umphhhhh we all want safely and without comprimise.
The Nissan GTR had our issue in the begininng as well, everyone could flash the ECU and make good power but no one could flash the TCU. Now look at them, they can flash both and these cars are kicking *** all over the globe and you dont see them all broken up at the dealer for repairs.

Badcatt (10-26-2015)
Old 09-20-2012, 08:52 AM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I can not tell as this is still in the packaging phase. He is going to market it once it is all package to be sold, I am just another person he is using to make sure all is perfect. I even will be going to my local dealer to have my car scanned before and after to verify the flash is there and it is what they say it is. We are hoping this can also be marketed at local dealers as an pre-XFR-S performance package to all the XF S/C and R's out there. Factory warranty even stays in place as it is an OEM Flash.

Now the TCU is not an OEM flash but rather what all the other tuners are wanting. The TCU flash will just lift off many limiters that are in place by Jaguar. These limiters are the same limiters that Jagaur uses to De-Tune the Xf,XF SC,XFR, XFR-S. So they are just gonna lift all the limiters up to the XFR-S and the na few more to give that extra umphhhhh we all want safely and without comprimise.
The Nissan GTR had our issue in the begininng as well, everyone could flash the ECU and make good power but no one could flash the TCU. Now look at them, they can flash both and these cars are kicking *** all over the globe and you dont see them all broken up at the dealer for repairs.

Ah, I see. Well I'm interested for a 10 SC. If he is in the Toronto area and wants another G Pig...I'm available.

Is he targeting to be more cost effective that some of the other tuning options?

Old 09-22-2012, 07:35 PM

Lets keep this thread going! It would be great if he offered a mail order tune that can be shipped to us and installed via the obdII port

Old 09-22-2012, 09:53 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Currently, BigCat is running our tune and is achieving 11.9 in the quarter mile times. For those interested in the "XFR-S" tune, we are not only able to flash it to those standards, but achieve way more horsepower than the stated 550hp XKR-S. Solely with an ECU tune, we take either the 470,510 hp SC Jag to 550hp and with the addition of a pulley, expect to see gains northwards of 590hp. Primarily, the software that is in the XKR-S will be the same software uploaded into your vehicle..with a tad bit more power.

For any questions or concerns, please contact the number in the signature.

The following 2 users liked this post by sales@ECU Tuning Group:
Badcatt (10-26-2015), PaTaket (01-17-2013)
Old 09-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

What do you mean by factory warranty stays in place?? I can tell you any time a dealer upgrades an ECU it will replace anything that has been programmed in. As an example there is a new reflash for heat soak on hot restart for the XF this would override the new program. I can say there is no way a dealer would know an ECU was reflashed. If someone was crazy enough to admit to a reflash they could be in for possible problems with warranty. If nothing else they could make your life difficult.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by sales@ECU Tuning Group
Currently, BigCat is running our tune and is achieving 11.9 in the quarter mile times. For those interested in the "XFR-S" tune, we are not only able to flash it to those standards, but achieve way more horsepower than the stated 550hp XKR-S. Solely with an ECU tune, we take either the 470,510 hp SC Jag to 550hp and with the addition of a pulley, expect to see gains northwards of 590hp. Primarily, the software that is in the XKR-S will be the same software uploaded into your vehicle..with a tad bit more power.

For any questions or concerns, please contact the number in the signature.
Sorry, but your tune is too expensive and the pulley installation is nearly impossible! You should offer a better price on tune only. Something like a $900 group buy for forum members and then I'm sure you would get a lot of customers. I know that I'm willing to spend $900.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member

^ I have to stick up for ECUTG ^ Yes the yare pricey as hell! But you get what you pay for and the pulley install is super easy if you use their pulley removal tool they loan you upon purchase. I have seen amazing gains and have no regrets, the price tag is a bit hefty but it works as advertised and my dealer has not detected even after I told them it was in there.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:43 PM

^ I have to stick up for ECUTG ^ Yes the yare pricey as hell! But you get what you pay for and the pulley install is super easy if you use their pulley removal tool they loan you upon purchase. I have seen amazing gains and have no regrets, the price tag is a bit hefty but it works as advertised and my dealer has not detected even after I told them it was in there.
Didn't you say in a previous thread that you do not feel a big difference in power after you got the tune? Plus the removal might be easy with the tool but what about installing the other pulley? You have to hear it up just right, then slip it on and immediately cool it with Ice water. If you mess up you are screwed. I just want a really good tune at a really good price. 1800 is way too much. It should be around $1000. How many forum members besides you purchased the tune? Not too many if any at all. But.... If it was priced lower then I'm sure many more will bite the bullet and go for it.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:42 AM
Veteran Member

You are correct, I don't feel the kick in the pants with it. But, the many dyno runs, track runs, and street runs have proven that ECUTG has the Strongest tune out there for the Jags.
Trust me, I have looked at all the other tunes out there, I didn't want to drop $1800 either. They all make no more than 25whp where ECUTG made 70+WHP. Those other tunes are cheaper but also make less power. I am no tuner but I am an Engineer/Gear Head and have tuned both my standalone Supra's and haven't done any damage ever. I do lots of research on everything I do to ensure I know what I am getting into.

Badcatt (10-26-2015)
Old 10-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of performance gains would you get on a base XF? I'm thinking about the Mina exhaust, and K&N filters and wonder if the tune would unlock some power. Sounds like the exhaust and filters alone really just give a better sound. Anybody have any dyno sheets of before & after the $1k tune?

You guys think it's worth the $2k investment for all the above?

Old 10-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Im glad you asked the question ilwill77. I was just about to post something on the same thing. I recently purchased an 09 XF NA and was wondering about these Mina parts as well as an ECU tune. (Maybe help some gas milage offset by me driving it faster) Anyone have any info on the 4.2L NA stats?

Quick Reply: Any updates on performance parts