XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Cameras unavailable issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cameras unavailable issue

Has this happened to anyone else here?

I have a 2012 XF. When I start the car up, I get the "Cameras unavailable; please consult your dealer" message on my screen. What's weird is that the sensors and backup camera will work for like a second before that message pops up and it starts beeping.

Dealer already tried swapping out the roof console and the backup camera and now they think it's a wiring issue.

Old 07-16-2016, 01:06 AM
Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by area5x1
Has this happened to anyone else here?

I have a 2012 XF. When I start the car up, I get the "Cameras unavailable; please consult your dealer" message on my screen. What's weird is that the sensors and backup camera will work for like a second before that message pops up and it starts beeping.

Dealer already tried swapping out the roof console and the backup camera and now they think it's a wiring issue.
Why dealer doesnt connect SDD for DTC's checking?

In most cases this error message showing if some problems with wiring, usually the part of wiring which located between boot and body damaged https://g-a.d-cd.net/b808338s-480.jpg

So try to check this part of wiring and hope its helps.

Also this message could be indicated with injury of parktronic sensors or wiring, very often there is some damages on rear bumper wiring.

Just for note: the Rear View Camera and parktronic system are the parts of one system, if one components out of order, then the whole system shut down

Old 07-16-2016, 03:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08292
Why dealer doesnt connect SDD for DTC's checking?

In most cases this error message showing if some problems with wiring, usually the part of wiring which located between boot and body damaged https://g-a.d-cd.net/b808338s-480.jpg

So try to check this part of wiring and hope its helps.

Also this message could be indicated with injury of parktronic sensors or wiring, very often there is some damages on rear bumper wiring.

Just for note: the Rear View Camera and parktronic system are the parts of one system, if one components out of order, then the whole system shut down
They did check for codes; they told me the fault pointed to the roof console so they replaced that first (Code B1C30-73 PAM whatever that means). When that didn't work they replaced the backup camera since they believe it wasn't powering up correctly. I knew the parktronic and the camera are one system so I asked whether it could be one of the sensors that is acting up but they didn't buy into that theory.

When they replaced the overhead console they had to "perform lockdown procedure and clear codes" before it was functional again. All seemed well. Then I left it out in the parking lot outside my office (110 degrees where I live so very hot) for half a day and when I went out to lunch the backup camera seems to have stopped working again.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:13 AM
Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by area5x1
They did check for codes; they told me the fault pointed to the roof console so they replaced that first (Code B1C30-73 PAM whatever that means). When that didn't work they replaced the backup camera since they believe it wasn't powering up correctly. I knew the parktronic and the camera are one system so I asked whether it could be one of the sensors that is acting up but they didn't buy into that theory.

When they replaced the overhead console they had to "perform lockdown procedure and clear codes" before it was functional again. Then I left it out in the parking lot outside my office (110 degrees where I live) and when I went out to lunch the backup camera seems to have stopped working again.
If the car was under sun for a few hours T with temperature 110 or so, the camera itself could be overheating. A few times catch this bug, but it my case there was only the back screen without any warnings