XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Carfax & Aftermarket Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Carfax & Aftermarket Exhaust

I would appreciate feedback and thoughts. I just purchased a new 2011 XFR and am having RSC Cat back exhaust installed by an authorized Jag dealer. Here is the question, the dealer will most likely report this exhaust change on the Carfax as something?? Does anyone know if this shows up and as what? I intend on owning the car for a four or so years and hate to have a black mark on the carfax when it comes time to part ways or unintend arguments over warranty. Thanks

Old 02-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't think Carfax will list these types of changes - I have never seen anything listed anyway.More details about your choice of exhaust please! I have to say, they look very expensive and are supposedly British made. Do you know who makes them in the UK? It would be cheaper to import a Spires or Quiksilver exhaust...

Old 02-10-2012, 04:51 PM

I hope you are right regarding not showing-up on the Carfax. I am probably paranoid. As for my selection of exhaust, I picked RSC for a couple of reasons. 1. It seemed like other manufactures (Paramount, Arden, etc) to be in that price range, 2. Call it effective marketing but RSC seems to tailor their products for Lambo, Aston, and other high end vehicles...as such if it is "good enough" for them it has to good enough for a Jag. The exhaust is British made. I had my exhaust dropped shipped from England is enroute right now. Only 5 day delivery at no cost shipping...not too bad.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

I am really interested in the RSC exhaust, as well. I have 2010 XFR, and want to upgrade the exhaust sound without ruining its drivability. I also want to preserve the stock looks of the quad pipes. Please post or send me pictures. If you could post video on YouTube that would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:18 PM

Well I actually never heard the stock exhaust for the XFR as I had the RSC installed by the dealer before getting shipped across the country. But the Jag dealer that installed the exhaust told me that the exhaust fit very well into the stock brackets with only one minor adjustment to a bracket. So minor that they did not charge me for anything other than labor. The dealer also thought the quality was atleast as good as stock...which is probably their way of saying it was better. The external tips look the same as stock exhaust diameters. They are slightly staggered so that one pipe sticks ever so much further out to create a nice look.

SOUND - Since I have nothing to compare against it is a little hard to contrast. However, both my wife and kids like the sound and we can carry a perfectly normal conversation when we put in "D". When Dynamic is on and "S" the sound gets very aggressive. It isn't too boomy so that it sonds like boy racer, but more tuned and refined. The exhaust tone does turn heads and I have had several folks question if the car is a V12.

I will try and get the sound in a recording, but recordings really never do justice. It will sound loud when you rev it like all the rest of the exhaust options. The one part I really like it is civilized enough to live with, but when you put your foot on it it makes some real deep sound.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:26 AM
Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

Thanks... Any pictures or video will be greatly appreciated....