XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Color combination opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color combination opinions

Hi Everyone,
I have (almost) made the decision to order a new 2012 XF. I'm driving myself buggy trying to sort out color schemes. Maybe I could get some opinions from people who own, or have seen in person, some of these possibilities.

I want to get a package with a "sporty" look and feel, so have been thinking about the XF Portfolio with Sport package. That means the interior veneer has to be piano black. I have not seen this in person, but looking at pictures I really like the red interior with this, and then would probably go with Stratus or Lunar Grey (or Ultimate Black?). But then I also like the London Tan, but with burl walnut--but that eliminates the sport package. Hmmm...But maybe that interior would go nicely as a Portfolio with either the Taiga Green Metallic or the Azurite Blue Metallic. I'm not sure about those exterior colors with a red interior?

I have not been able to see either the London Tan or the Red leather in person. Also I haven't seen the Azurite Blue or Taiga Green. Any ideas are appreciated!

Old 02-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Let me tell you this. Stay away from ivory, white and beige interior. Seats in these colors age horrible, get dirty fast and are harder to service. I got black with my XF. My XJ8 has ivory and I hate it. Red, green blue are ok. Grey sucks too.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

First and foremost, welcome to this great forum!

In my opinion, black and white colors would be the only neutrals that would compliment a red interior.

Make sure you like the exterior color first and then go from there.
Tan is one of my favorite colors and if you maintain it, it will look as good as new. It has that sumptuous look to it.

Anyways, here is the London Tan in a XF 2012 Jaguar XF Portfolio - Cars.com
There are about 15 2012 XFs in the link, just go through each one and look at the pictures, see what you like best Used Cars for Sale: Listings Near 04645 - Cars.com

Old 02-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Avoid black, the swirl marks are driving me crazy, as I knew they would. I love the red interior on mine, but it only works on black, white, silver or grey cars. If the sport package matters to you (and it would to me) I would go for white or silver with red interior. But my overall favourite combo would be Kyanite Blue with London Tan. The london tan is less "flat" than it looks in pictures on the website, from what I have seen. I wish the burgundy shades on the new XJ were available on the XF though...

Old 02-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Harpo... I can totally appreciate the challenge you are going through in choosing the color combo. I had a similiar issue and it was made more challenging from the standpoint that dealers have so few 2012's out. I bout my 2012 XF in Sept and opted for the Portfolio. I knew I wanted black and the challenge was what to go with for interior color scheme. I decided sight unseen to do London Tan as I thought it screamed ENGLISH and JAGUAR. It looked more like the interior of an XJ as it was previous unavailable on the XF's prior to the 2012 release. Pictures do not do the color justice as it always looks more orangy in photo's. Take a look as I posted a few here. https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...s-40991/page2/

Believe me when I tell you that the Ultimate Black with London Tan is a real show-stopper. I have had more comments about the beautiful interior than any other element of the new car. My only other combo would be Black with Red and the sport package which kicks your cost up. Love the Ivory but per other posters I agree that it shows more wear and tear and I would think would be difficult to keep in prestine condition. Good luck and hope to see another 2012 rolling around the state soon.

The following users liked this post:
Harpo (02-07-2012)
Old 02-07-2012, 11:08 PM

Thanks! The ultimate black with London tan is a great combination in your pictures. I really think I want to stick with the sport package, but that means the interior piano black veneer, which might be great but I haven't seen it in person. Anyone have an opinion on the piano black?

Also, has anyone seen the new Taiga Green? The pictures look very sharp, but it's hard to find one to see.

Found this web site with lots of options to look at. 2012 Jaguar XF Colors | GTcarlot.com - Car Color Galleries

I think I am down to Ultimate Black or Stratus Grey with either London tan or red interior, vs. Taiga Green with London tan. Nothing wrong with lighter grey or silver, just that I have had that color in my current car for the last ten years and am ready for a change.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:50 PM

Help Jag members. Need some advice. I followed up on a deal that seems to good to be true from a Jag dealer. It is a 2012 XF Premium with cold weather package and burl, rhodium silver ext and london tan interior with 600 miles (that's correct miles). Sales manager says that it is the dealer owner's car and not been titled as of yet. Originally, it was advertised at 150 miles but now has the 600 miles. They want below invoice cost per my research or about 9.5% BELOW. Of course, I know they will get the dealer "holdback" money all dealers get. I have a binder down but the deal seems to good to be true. I am skeptical as I own a legal research firm and and used to dealing with those who shade the facts in fraudelent matters. Have gotten a little jaded and learned a long time ago in investments and as a banker of several decades, if it is too good to be true.....something smells!! Although I would prefer lunar gray with the sports package, this seems like a steal and I just would ask for your feedback. The VIN is shown in the pictures but the car fax from the dealer shows it as a 2012 supersport in gray with a gray interior. Possible oversight but I want to tread carefully here as I will need to fly up and pick up car if I decide to complete the purchase. Thanks for any guidance. My current car was an easy order in 2007: Lexus and local dealer, so not used to these long distance purchases.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 18,467 Likes on 7,444 Posts

Dallas, check out:
www.truecar.com

Input your info on the car in question with any options and you'll see "actual" dealer cost etc. The chart should give you what you can do on a purchase. You might want to print it out and take with you to show the dealer (if necessary). It very well could be a good deal.
Good luck

The following users liked this post:
Dallas (02-26-2012)
Old 02-26-2012, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jayt2
Dallas, check out:
www.truecar.com

Input your info on the car in question with any options and you'll see "actual" dealer cost etc. The chart should give you what you can do on a purchase. You might want to print it out and take with you to show the dealer (if necessary). It very well could be a good deal.
Good luck
Thanks for the tip using TrueCar to find invoice prices and target prices. My 2012 XF Portfolio is 17.09% below MSRP (which no one pays attention to); 11.23% below invoice; and 10.2% BELOW dealer invoice (which I was presented). So I think that I am getting a very good deal on a new XF with only 600 miles (dealer owned vehicle for his personal use). My only negative is that it is rhodium silver (which is OK) but I would have preferred lunar gray, tiaga green or polaris white but the price is too good!!! Interior is London Tan with cold weather package and burl. I wanted the sport package but would have to order from factory. FYI the aero kit which has the aero features of the sport package except for special wheels, blacked out grille and sport interior is terribly expensive. Sport package is MSRP $3000 but from 2 different dealers, I could get the Aero kit at $6,000!!!! These dealer installations (farmed out probably for paint, etc) are prohibitive. Anyway I hopefully will be flying from Spartanburg, SC (where the BMW's are manufactured) to the northeast to pick up my new XF!!! Can't wait. Tks again for this forum as that is how I found this Jag!!!