XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Doors will not lock / unlock

 
  #1  
Old 03-05-2018, 10:55 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doors will not lock / unlock

None of the doors will lock or unlock electronically. That is, with the FOB or the button on the dash. Manually moving the lock lever used to lock and unlock the other doors. This is also not working. Pressing the FOB lock button sets the alarm, then I hear two beeps stating that the doors did not lock. I do hear the actuator in the fuel door unlock, but that's it. Also, the trunk/boot works as it should. I've checked all fuses in the cabin and boot and all are OK. I've disconnected the battery for an hour to reset things with no effect. Also tried reclosing all doors. Cabin lights function normally. Before I take the car into the dealer, is there anything else I can try?

2013 XFR
 
  #2  
Old 03-05-2018, 11:56 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Posts: 655
Received 114 Likes on 106 Posts
Default

Watch each of the inside door lock switches as you attempt to lock the car. Listen for one to sound different.

I bet you have one of your door locks not working and that causes all doors to attempt to lock then unlock.

I have had to replace a back door latch mech on my old 2010. And I even had one lock lever get sticky with a splash of soda that caused one to not lock all the way that caused all doors to not lock.
 
  #3  
Old 03-05-2018, 11:58 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Posts: 655
Received 114 Likes on 106 Posts
Unhappy

I even had a hood latch micro switch not read that the hood was fully shut and it would not let me lock the doors.

The micro switch metal blade under the driver side latch needed tweaked up to allow for the hood latch to fully push down the switch.

Good luck.
 
  #4  
Old 03-06-2018, 07:40 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for the input 10 XF Premium. I don't believe that my issue has to do with door or hood sensors. After confirming this morning, here are some more details:

1. Using the door lock/unlock button on the dash, button on the door handle, or FOB to lock the car results in absolutely no movement or sounds from any of the four doors. The only sound I hear is the actuator for the fuel door, which does in fact lock and unlocks. After a couple of seconds, the chirp-chirp can be heard. Since all doors worked properly no more than a week or two ago, I find it extremely unlikely that something at each door decided to fail at the same time. The issue has to be more central.

2. I ran a test by leaving one door, or even the hood open. If you press the lock button in this condition, the chirp-chirp can be heard immediately, not after a couple of seconds like I'm experiencing. For this reason, I don't believe that the car thinks a door is still open.

Honestly, my gut says either a fuse, relay, or some kind of module central to the doors only. I've checked all fuses in the cabin and trunk and they're all in good shape. I'm just hoping that I'm missing something as the dealer always has a wait time of a couple of weeks, and of course, the whole $$ rape episode that's involved isn't very attractive either. I do have an extended warranty, but no idea if this will be covered.
 
  #5  
Old 03-07-2018, 08:10 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 217
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Door Lock Problem

I own a 2015 XF 3.0 SC AWD and a few weeks ago I was experiencing similar problems.

I took the car to dealer who diagnosed a defective left front door motor as being the problem.

They had a new motor in stock and after installing new motor, my problem was solved and door locks have been working perfectly and with no double beep chirping sounds after locking car .
 
  #6  
Old 03-05-2019, 09:03 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Killbox View Post
Thanks for the input 10 XF Premium. I don't believe that my issue has to do with door or hood sensors. After confirming this morning, here are some more details:

1. Using the door lock/unlock button on the dash, button on the door handle, or FOB to lock the car results in absolutely no movement or sounds from any of the four doors. The only sound I hear is the actuator for the fuel door, which does in fact lock and unlocks. After a couple of seconds, the chirp-chirp can be heard. Since all doors worked properly no more than a week or two ago, I find it extremely unlikely that something at each door decided to fail at the same time. The issue has to be more central.

2. I ran a test by leaving one door, or even the hood open. If you press the lock button in this condition, the chirp-chirp can be heard immediately, not after a couple of seconds like I'm experiencing. For this reason, I don't believe that the car thinks a door is still open.

Honestly, my gut says either a fuse, relay, or some kind of module central to the doors only. I've checked all fuses in the cabin and trunk and they're all in good shape. I'm just hoping that I'm missing something as the dealer always has a wait time of a couple of weeks, and of course, the whole $$ rape episode that's involved isn't very attractive either. I do have an extended warranty, but no idea if this will be covered.
Hi, I have the EXACT same problem. My doors will NOT lock only the fuel cap locks. If I try to lock it from the Key Fob, or the buttons on the door it flashes twice. Once I put the key away from the area, if I try to open the door the door opens and the alarm sets.
Also, there is not indication that any of the doors, boot or hood is opened, all say they are closed (using a scan tool I verified this). The master lock/unlock switch inside the car do not work either. The only thing that works is the fuel door locks and unlocks as it is supposed to. Did you figure this problem out its driving me nuts!

Also, if I manually lock the doors by hand, put the key away from the car, press unlock on the key fob the doors do NOT unlock. When I put the keys back in my pocket and they to open the door that was manually locked it unlocks. Not sure if that bit of information would help. Thanks!
 
  #7  
Old 03-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Viyasan7 View Post
Hi, I have the EXACT same problem. My doors will NOT lock only the fuel cap locks. If I try to lock it from the Key Fob, or the buttons on the door it flashes twice. Once I put the key away from the area, if I try to open the door the door opens and the alarm sets.
Also, there is not indication that any of the doors, boot or hood is opened, all say they are closed (using a scan tool I verified this). The master lock/unlock switch inside the car do not work either. The only thing that works is the fuel door locks and unlocks as it is supposed to. Did you figure this problem out its driving me nuts!

Also, if I manually lock the doors by hand, put the key away from the car, press unlock on the key fob the doors do NOT unlock. When I put the keys back in my pocket and they to open the door that was manually locked it unlocks. Not sure if that bit of information would help. Thanks!
My issue was the central door lock module. If you reread my original post and followup, and your issue is EXACTLY the same, it has to be the central door lock module. Luckily, Jaguar covered it under my extended warranty, so I don't know the work that's involved to replace the module.

In the meantime, be careful not to lock yourself out of the car. If you manually lock the doors and don't have the physical key that's inside of the FOB, you're in trouble.
 
  #8  
Old 03-05-2019, 10:31 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Killbox View Post
My issue was the central door lock module. If you reread my original post and followup, and your issue is EXACTLY the same, it has to be the central door lock module. Luckily, Jaguar covered it under my extended warranty, so I don't know the work that's involved to replace the module.

In the meantime, be careful not to lock yourself out of the car. If you manually lock the doors and don't have the physical key that's inside of the FOB, you're in trouble.
Yes it sounds almost identical especially when you mentioned only your fuel door locked and unlocked. I have the same exact issue with the FOB/Door Handle Buttons/Lock-Unlock buttons inside of the car do nothing to lock the doors other than the fuel door which does lock and unlock.

It's very strange since my professional scan tool didn't detect any codes or faults. I will look into replacing the Central Lock Module and will keep you posted on the results.

The only thing that caught me off was that when I manually lock the doors, if I have my FOB in my pocket the door will unlock and open. But when I press to lock, it will not lock.

Thank you very much for your quick reply and help! It is greatly appreciated!
 
  #9  
Old 05-17-2019, 03:03 AM
B K
B K is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hi There
I HAVE SAME PROBLEM AS YOU. WHAT PART DID YOU NEED TO REPLACE??
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Uchy
XF (X260)
1
11-03-2017 08:41 AM
daddylogan
X-Type ( X400 )
2
11-02-2017 04:20 PM
Melandra Bethell
S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 )
8
07-01-2015 07:20 AM
Sevik
X-Type ( X400 )
2
06-05-2011 06:23 PM
kreal
XJ40 ( XJ81 )
8
08-31-2009 04:24 AM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Doors will not lock / unlock


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: