XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Doors will not lock / unlock

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doors will not lock / unlock

None of the doors will lock or unlock electronically. That is, with the FOB or the button on the dash. Manually moving the lock lever used to lock and unlock the other doors. This is also not working. Pressing the FOB lock button sets the alarm, then I hear two beeps stating that the doors did not lock. I do hear the actuator in the fuel door unlock, but that's it. Also, the trunk/boot works as it should. I've checked all fuses in the cabin and boot and all are OK. I've disconnected the battery for an hour to reset things with no effect. Also tried reclosing all doors. Cabin lights function normally. Before I take the car into the dealer, is there anything else I can try?

2013 XFR

Old 03-05-2018, 11:56 PM
Received 125 Likes on 115 Posts

Watch each of the inside door lock switches as you attempt to lock the car. Listen for one to sound different.

I bet you have one of your door locks not working and that causes all doors to attempt to lock then unlock.

I have had to replace a back door latch mech on my old 2010. And I even had one lock lever get sticky with a splash of soda that caused one to not lock all the way that caused all doors to not lock.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:58 PM
Received 125 Likes on 115 Posts
Unhappy

I even had a hood latch micro switch not read that the hood was fully shut and it would not let me lock the doors.

The micro switch metal blade under the driver side latch needed tweaked up to allow for the hood latch to fully push down the switch.

Good luck.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:40 AM

Thanks for the input 10 XF Premium. I don't believe that my issue has to do with door or hood sensors. After confirming this morning, here are some more details:

1. Using the door lock/unlock button on the dash, button on the door handle, or FOB to lock the car results in absolutely no movement or sounds from any of the four doors. The only sound I hear is the actuator for the fuel door, which does in fact lock and unlocks. After a couple of seconds, the chirp-chirp can be heard. Since all doors worked properly no more than a week or two ago, I find it extremely unlikely that something at each door decided to fail at the same time. The issue has to be more central.

2. I ran a test by leaving one door, or even the hood open. If you press the lock button in this condition, the chirp-chirp can be heard immediately, not after a couple of seconds like I'm experiencing. For this reason, I don't believe that the car thinks a door is still open.

Honestly, my gut says either a fuse, relay, or some kind of module central to the doors only. I've checked all fuses in the cabin and trunk and they're all in good shape. I'm just hoping that I'm missing something as the dealer always has a wait time of a couple of weeks, and of course, the whole $$ rape episode that's involved isn't very attractive either. I do have an extended warranty, but no idea if this will be covered.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:10 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Door Lock Problem

I own a 2015 XF 3.0 SC AWD and a few weeks ago I was experiencing similar problems.

I took the car to dealer who diagnosed a defective left front door motor as being the problem.

They had a new motor in stock and after installing new motor, my problem was solved and door locks have been working perfectly and with no double beep chirping sounds after locking car .

Old 03-05-2019, 09:03 AM
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Killbox
Thanks for the input 10 XF Premium. I don't believe that my issue has to do with door or hood sensors. After confirming this morning, here are some more details:

1. Using the door lock/unlock button on the dash, button on the door handle, or FOB to lock the car results in absolutely no movement or sounds from any of the four doors. The only sound I hear is the actuator for the fuel door, which does in fact lock and unlocks. After a couple of seconds, the chirp-chirp can be heard. Since all doors worked properly no more than a week or two ago, I find it extremely unlikely that something at each door decided to fail at the same time. The issue has to be more central.

2. I ran a test by leaving one door, or even the hood open. If you press the lock button in this condition, the chirp-chirp can be heard immediately, not after a couple of seconds like I'm experiencing. For this reason, I don't believe that the car thinks a door is still open.

Honestly, my gut says either a fuse, relay, or some kind of module central to the doors only. I've checked all fuses in the cabin and trunk and they're all in good shape. I'm just hoping that I'm missing something as the dealer always has a wait time of a couple of weeks, and of course, the whole $$ rape episode that's involved isn't very attractive either. I do have an extended warranty, but no idea if this will be covered.
Hi, I have the EXACT same problem. My doors will NOT lock only the fuel cap locks. If I try to lock it from the Key Fob, or the buttons on the door it flashes twice. Once I put the key away from the area, if I try to open the door the door opens and the alarm sets.
Also, there is not indication that any of the doors, boot or hood is opened, all say they are closed (using a scan tool I verified this). The master lock/unlock switch inside the car do not work either. The only thing that works is the fuel door locks and unlocks as it is supposed to. Did you figure this problem out its driving me nuts!

Also, if I manually lock the doors by hand, put the key away from the car, press unlock on the key fob the doors do NOT unlock. When I put the keys back in my pocket and they to open the door that was manually locked it unlocks. Not sure if that bit of information would help. Thanks!

Old 03-05-2019, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Viyasan7
Hi, I have the EXACT same problem. My doors will NOT lock only the fuel cap locks. If I try to lock it from the Key Fob, or the buttons on the door it flashes twice. Once I put the key away from the area, if I try to open the door the door opens and the alarm sets.
Also, there is not indication that any of the doors, boot or hood is opened, all say they are closed (using a scan tool I verified this). The master lock/unlock switch inside the car do not work either. The only thing that works is the fuel door locks and unlocks as it is supposed to. Did you figure this problem out its driving me nuts!

Also, if I manually lock the doors by hand, put the key away from the car, press unlock on the key fob the doors do NOT unlock. When I put the keys back in my pocket and they to open the door that was manually locked it unlocks. Not sure if that bit of information would help. Thanks!
My issue was the central door lock module. If you reread my original post and followup, and your issue is EXACTLY the same, it has to be the central door lock module. Luckily, Jaguar covered it under my extended warranty, so I don't know the work that's involved to replace the module.

In the meantime, be careful not to lock yourself out of the car. If you manually lock the doors and don't have the physical key that's inside of the FOB, you're in trouble.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:31 AM

My issue was the central door lock module. If you reread my original post and followup, and your issue is EXACTLY the same, it has to be the central door lock module. Luckily, Jaguar covered it under my extended warranty, so I don't know the work that's involved to replace the module.

In the meantime, be careful not to lock yourself out of the car. If you manually lock the doors and don't have the physical key that's inside of the FOB, you're in trouble.
Yes it sounds almost identical especially when you mentioned only your fuel door locked and unlocked. I have the same exact issue with the FOB/Door Handle Buttons/Lock-Unlock buttons inside of the car do nothing to lock the doors other than the fuel door which does lock and unlock.

It's very strange since my professional scan tool didn't detect any codes or faults. I will look into replacing the Central Lock Module and will keep you posted on the results.

The only thing that caught me off was that when I manually lock the doors, if I have my FOB in my pocket the door will unlock and open. But when I press to lock, it will not lock.

Thank you very much for your quick reply and help! It is greatly appreciated!

Old 05-17-2019, 03:03 AM
B K

Hi There
I HAVE SAME PROBLEM AS YOU. WHAT PART DID YOU NEED TO REPLACE??

Old 06-20-2019, 02:58 AM
Default Jaguar xf 2015

Originally Posted by 10 XF Premium
Watch each of the inside door lock switches as you attempt to lock the car. Listen for one to sound different.

I bet you have one of your door locks not working and that causes all doors to attempt to lock then unlock.

I have had to replace a back door latch mech on my old 2010. And I even had one lock lever get sticky with a splash of soda that caused one to not lock all the way that caused all doors to not lock.

my door lock and unlock not working with remote and with switch also what i do

Old 07-01-2019, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by B K
Hi There
I HAVE SAME PROBLEM AS YOU. WHAT PART DID YOU NEED TO REPLACE??
Hi there, I wrote a whole write-up on how I fixed this issue. You can take a look at the following post:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...3/#post2069614

Basically once your battery has been disconnected from your car, (or your battery fully drained out) you cars BMS (Battery Monitoring System) needs to be reset. Take a look at that post, hopefully that helps you out.

Old 07-24-2019, 05:07 AM

Hi,

I have the same issue with my Jaguar XF 2013, the technician after the first check said he got an error for fuel door cap sensor and we have to replace that then check if problem solve,

But the part sale said that the sensor is not in central lock loop and actually I don't know what to do the cost of the sensor coming with the cap will be about 150$ and I don't know if after changing it will work, then the technician will not be responsible and also seller will not accept to return.

Actually, my car fuel door was not locked at all and there is no button from inside as well, that was always open and opening by a push button on the fuel door.

Please let me know if you find out where is the problem

Thanks

Old 03-09-2020, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Alireza Ghorbani
Hi,

I have the same issue with my Jaguar XF 2013, the technician after the first check said he got an error for fuel door cap sensor and we have to replace that then check if problem solve,

But the part sale said that the sensor is not in central lock loop and actually I don't know what to do the cost of the sensor coming with the cap will be about 150$ and I don't know if after changing it will work, then the technician will not be responsible and also seller will not accept to return.

Actually, my car fuel door was not locked at all and there is no button from inside as well, that was always open and opening by a push button on the fuel door.

Please let me know if you find out where is the problem

Thanks
Hi,
I have the same problem. Central not working and one error for fuel cap. I programed battery replacement but still doors not lock. Please help. Adam

Old 04-17-2020, 08:11 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello,
What scan tool are you using to verify that doors are all closed?
Thank you.
Patrick

Old 06-19-2020, 01:57 PM

Hi guys,

I identified the same problem 2 weeks ago. My car didn't open anymore when I use the remote key, I only could open my car using the service key. I found that the drivers lock handle didn't work anymore when unlock my car. The motor has enough force to pull the handle(which activate all door locks) but when I tried to unlock the car it didn't push it out. Today I took off the door trim to have a better look if works properly, unfortunately doesn't work(the hard wire which actionate the central lock remains stiff). I think I have to replace the door latch as I don't think it's possible to replace parts of the assembly. Hope this aswer to some questions as I see it is a common Jaguar fault.

Old 06-19-2020, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by melcom
Hi,
I have the same problem. Central not working and one error for fuel cap. I programed battery replacement but still doors not lock. Please help. Adam
what I ended up doing is reprogrammed the Keyless Entry Module and then as a result of that I then reprogrammed the instrument cluster to register the changes to the keyless entry Module. After that my keys would lock and unlock the car. Hope this helps. To do all of this you have to use JRL SDD software.

Old 06-20-2020, 11:13 AM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,207 Likes on 1,700 Posts

This link will take you to a description of how I fixed my door locking issue.

Lin . JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource

Gus
JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource

The following users liked this post:
Robinus (06-21-2020)
Old 02-26-2023, 11:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reset Door Locks

None of the doors will lock or unlock electronically. That is, with the FOB or the button on the dash. Manually moving the lock lever used to lock and unlock the other doors. This is also not working. Pressing the FOB lock button sets the alarm, then I hear two beeps stating that the doors did not lock. I do hear the actuator in the fuel door unlock, but that's it. Also, the trunk/boot works as it should. I've checked all fuses in the cabin and boot and all are OK. I've disconnected the battery for an hour to reset things with no effect. Also tried reclosing all doors. Cabin lights function normally. Before I take the car into the dealer, is there anything else I can try?

2013 XFR
My 2013 Jag XF had the same problem. I was messing around with the key fob. I accidentally pressed the panic button a few times. Now my doors lock and the alarm sets. No more double beeps because the doors are still unlocked. Hope this helps. It’s in the panic button. Don’t spend hundreds at the dealer. Play with the panic button. It will reset the problem. Let me know if this helps!