XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

E-diff and adaptive dynamics faults after battery disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2024, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-diff and adaptive dynamics faults after battery disconnect

I have a 2015 XF Supercharged and I'm kind of at a loss for what to do now. My problems started when I disconnected the battery in order to install a dashcam. I used a piggyback fuse for the unswitched power to the dashcam and performed the splice recommended in this thread for the switched power to the dashcam: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...014-xf-194926/. After reconnecting, I found that the keys were not recognized. I didn't have SDD at the time this occurred, so I had to push the car back up my steep driveway. I also had to disconnect the parking brake module and connect 12V across the parking brake motor terminals in order to disengage the parking brake after having the car break down in my driveway. Now that this is reconnected, it seems like the parking brake motor is making a grinding sound when actuating that seems different from the sound prior to this.

Once I got setup with SDD V164, I was able to get keys to function after running cluster module and keyless vehicle module programming. After this, central locking did not work, but I got it to work again by running the immobilization procedure.

After this initial success, everything went downhill. I am now seeing the following warnings: "E-DIFF FAULT" and "ADAPTIVE DYNAMICS FAULT". Additionally, the driver's window and side mirror controls are not working. I have run the driver's door module programming and both the programming and calibration portions succeeded, with the windows functioning normally during the calibration portion, but I am still unable to control the windows or mirrors from the panel on the driver's door. I also successfully programmed the active rear differential, but I am still seeing the E-DIFF FAULT message, though it does not show up in the DTCs.

I have also tried programming the adaptive dynamics module, but this failed while trying to read the VIN with the following warning:

"Comunications failure
A negative response was received.
• Service ID - 0x10.
• Response : An unspecified error occurred during the software download process. (0x2cf)

Re-run the procedure from the menu."

I have also replaced the battery (old battery measured around 12.5V shortly after driving and was original to the car), as I 've heard this can cause various DTCs. One other thing that is kind of weird is that I measured 0.0V directly across the terminals of the auxiliary battery. The auto stop-start functionality has also not worked for a couple of years. I suspect this is unrelated to my current issue, but maybe it suggests some other electrical issue? It's been to the dealer a couple times since then and they haven't noted it, but they also told me I should think about replacing my primary battery 3 years ago and haven't mentioned it since, so they may just not be very competent.

I'm not really sure where to go from here. Is there some module that I need to program next or do I have larger electrical issues?