XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Felt really bad today!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Felt really bad today!

So I decided to take the XF-S out today... We had a party to go to and when I got there my friends kids and father came out to greet us...

one of their other friends drove up w/ temp tags on his new A6 and I guess did not see the Jag. He says anybody want to race my new wheels!

my buddies kid points to me and then he saw my car... he said how many HP does it have. I just said "alot" trying not to put his new wheels down - I mean it was his first really nice car and I didn't want to be like that. And of course my buddies kid goes - it's got like 500HP!! And of course Dad follows up w/ - I've never seen a car so beautiful!

The poor guy was deflated for the whole day. I felt really bad for him.

The following users liked this post:
Escolar (06-26-2012)
Old 06-25-2012, 04:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny, I'm sure he'll get over it.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Funny, I'm sure he'll get over it.
Nah! he won't

Old 06-26-2012, 03:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Time to trade his Audi for Jag

Old 06-26-2012, 05:21 AM
Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by UltBlkXF
one of their other friends drove up w/ temp tags on his new A6 and I guess did not see the Jag. He says anybody want to race my new wheels!

my buddies kid points to me and then he saw my car... he said how many HP does it have. I just said "alot" trying not to put his new wheels down - I mean it was his first really nice car and I didn't want to be like that. And of course my buddies kid goes - it's got like 500HP!! And of course Dad follows up w/ - I've never seen a car so beautiful!

You sir are a very bad man . I can't believe you on someones bad decision to get less for their money

I am in the process of helping my semi-snob cousin pick out his new Audi A5,A6 or S5 (my choice). I've warned him but some people just don't listen so next year when I fly by him in a XF-S or XFR. I will be posting something similar except I want to catch the look on his face! The new Audi looks nice but they are just too slow for the price. Oh, I'm going to borrow this send it to him and HOPE he listens but I doubt it lol!

Old 06-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow - so your comment about getting less for their money was spot on. I went to Audi site and built his car - I'm at $67k MSRP for an A6 that is somewhat comparable to an XF-S. But only a 310HP engine! And it looks like every other Audi Model they sell.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by UltBlkXF
So I decided to take the XF-S out today... We had a party to go to and when I got there my friends kids and father came out to greet us...

That's allright man. You didn't do anything wrong. On the contrary, you even said the above in bold and gotta respect you for that.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

As I read this post over the past few days I have to wonder... the h*ll with hurting feelings... someday it might be reversed and no one will be feeling bad for you. I bought/drive my XF S/C because it's a sexy, fast, unique car that I want to make others think they're driving something less-than. If I wanted to blend I would have bought a BMW or... Audi (no disrespect to the brands). In the past year I have owned my car, I have not seen many... in fact, I've only seen one and that was a couple at our local veterinarian from out of state.

This reminds me of a family reunion I attended a few years back... I had my Cadillac CTS-V and one of my brothers in-laws had a Dodge Magnum with a "Hemi." The fuss that was made over "the Hemi" began to grate on me and I mentioned my Caddy.... the response.... my grandma just bought one of those too! Long story short... the afternoon grew long and as we were leaving, the dude with the Magnum said.... "you want to run it? Needless to say, I left a bunch of people whose chin's were on the ground... that is... from what I could see through the smoke. The next reunion... no mention of the "Hemi" haha.

I don't care who I offend with my car.... I bought it to be as obnoxious as I can.... which doesn't go to say that someone might show up with a Lamborghini or Ferrari next time... then it will be my turn to eat the pie...

Old 06-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Nicely said Wifestech, I worked my *** off to buy my new car and I am damn proud of it. At some point of our lifes we all must look at the guy in the new BMW or Merc or what ever. Now its my turn to look fly in my new ride.