XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Fresh fault codes after leaving the dealership.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fresh fault codes after leaving the dealership.

Hello everyone, some of you may remember me from my recent post “cascading problems at dealership”. Well I finally got my car back from the dealership after 2 months and about $5,400. Long story short, took my car in for a leaking rear crossover pipe (car running great but leaking coolant) and ended up having to replace 4 injectors and a starter to get the car back on the road.
Anyway, got the car back on 5/29 and it seems to be running fine although I lost a few MPG on my average (20.4 current vs 22.2 before) .
Well, today my check engine light came on. Scanned the codes and got the following: P0101 (times 2) and a P00C6.
I read the 1st one was related to the MAF sensor (or, according to the internet, a leaking air intake manifold) and the second is related to low fuel pressure. Both of which were worked on at the dealership recently
At this point I have to believe that the dealership has just done a real number on my car, which I found out during my last visit, is impossible to prove. Or I have a very well timed ticking bomb on my hand. Anybody out there have any ideas?
Car has been driven a little less than 800 miles since picking it up from the dealership (currently at 104,800 and is a 2010 XF Premium BTW.

Last edited by Jay Mackie; 06-14-2018 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your air intakes. Make sure there aren't any obvious leaks. If something popped off or was never put together properly, it could cause the MAF code.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:53 AM
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Mackie
Hello everyone, some of you may remember me from my recent post “cascading problems at dealership”. Well I finally got my car back from the dealership after 2 months and about $5,400. Long story short, took my car in for a leaking rear crossover pipe (car running great but leaking coolant) and ended up having to replace 4 injectors and a starter to get the car back on the road.
Anyway, got the car back on 5/29 and it seems to be running fine although I lost a few MPG on my average (20.4 current vs 22.2 before) .
Well, today my check engine light came on. Scanned the codes and got the following: P0101 (times 2) and a P00C6.
I read the 1st one was related to the MAF sensor (or, according to the internet, a leaking air intake manifold) and the second is related to low fuel pressure. Both of which were worked on at the dealership recently
At this point I have to believe that the dealership has just done a real number on my car, which I found out during my last visit, is impossible to prove. Or I have a very well timed ticking bomb on my hand. Anybody out there have any ideas?
Car has been driven a little less than 800 miles since picking it up from the dealership (currently at 104,800 and is a 2010 XF Premium BTW.
I have a new soulmate. I have a 2009 XF 4.2 premium which I just retrieved from dealer for $3400 due to complete communication loss between key and ignition/security (immobilizer) after I simply changed the battery. Since bringing it home last week, the alarm goes off without reason while parked on my enclosed garage, messages on screen that make no sense like "bonnett open" even though it is closed, and the dealer was unable to resolve docking port issue even though the jaguar dealer is the only expert qualified to work on the car. I think the wide thing to do in my case would be to sell it and cut losses but my wife is emotionally attached to it and now I'm stuck. I would prefer a 1967 Volkswagen bug, or any other vintage car At this point. One that is exempt from all the smog crap and one that I can tune with points and plugs.

Old 06-15-2018, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 314 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by jakesdad
I have a new soulmate. I have a 2009 XF 4.2 premium which I just retrieved from dealer for $3400 due to complete communication loss between key and ignition/security (immobilizer) after I simply changed the battery. Since bringing it home last week, the alarm goes off without reason while parked on my enclosed garage, messages on screen that make no sense like "bonnett open" even though it is closed, and the dealer was unable to resolve docking port issue even though the jaguar dealer is the only expert qualified to work on the car. I think the wide thing to do in my case would be to sell it and cut losses but my wife is emotionally attached to it and now I'm stuck. I would prefer a 1967 Volkswagen bug, or any other vintage car At this point. One that is exempt from all the smog crap and one that I can tune with points and plugs.
The alarm going off because of a faulty hood sensor is a very common problem on the Range Rovers as well (both share a lot of components).

You can replace the sensor for not a lot of money, or you can just cut and solder the wires to bypass the sensor and use your eyes to notice that the hood is open.

And don't forget there is insurance for seniors to protect against robot attacks:
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...surance/n10766

Old 06-15-2018, 07:45 PM
Received 125 Likes on 115 Posts

The hood closed sensor was an issue on my 10 XF Premium. Most of the time, it is just the little lever that needs bent back upward to engage the hood latch “U” pin earlier.

If I recall correctly, it is on the driver side latch.