XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Full XFR/XFR-S exhaust(that's right... Finally headers too!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would the exhaust be able to fit a 2010 XF S/C? I'm new with Jaguars so I'm not sure if the exhaust mounts are the same. Cause if this is mountable on my XF it does look more promising than the X force mufflers I've been looking at. And how much did ryan quote for the mufflers?

Old 07-27-2018, 02:59 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m not 100% sure about it fitting but Im pretty sure the mounts are the same, someone else might know more or have used an xfr exhaust etc. he quoted me 1650 for the mufflers. Not sure if that’s his final price or what as I was one of the first to get the production mufflers!! His email and phone number are posted above somewhere! Ones on the site aren’t working. Think he said he’ll get around to fixing it but he seems like a very very busy cat! Haha I’m stilling loving the exhaust.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the good info here guys.

2013 XFR
Mina Mufflers
Mina Intake Tube
Mina Upper Pulley (2.5 psi)
K&n drop in filters
AP Tune w/pops
Ardent x-pipe w/o muffler just added.

I wanted to get a little bit of a deeper sound out of her so I added the Ardent X-pipe (w/o the muffler) just this week. To my surprise adding the x-pipe in combination with the Mina mufflers did just the opposite.. The exhaust tone became quieter to my surprise. I used a dB meter at start up. With the stock mid-pipe and Mina mufflers my peak on a cold start was 76dB. With the x-pipe installed the peak was only 71dB.

When revving while at a stand still the exhaust tone is good, not as deep as I want it but good. A tiny bit deeper over the stock mid-pipe. The big problem occurs when driving past 3k R’s. The exhaust note complete fades and the car gets quieter at WOT... It almost starts to sound like a weak V6. It’s been 3 days driving like this and it’s becoming very infuriating to say the least. What’s more, the tune is completely out of wack.. tremendous power loss. I know I need to re-scan her and get it re-adjusted to fix the issue. I reached out to Ryan and I’ll be ordering his mufflers, and then once I get those I’ll get her re-tuned.

So the bottom line here is save some time and don’t try to pair Mina mufflers with the Ardent X-pipe.

That’s my kitty

Ardent x-pipe installed

The following users liked this post:
The_Ikon (01-06-2022)
Old 08-09-2019, 05:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadaXFR

I’m not 100% sure about it fitting but Im pretty sure the mounts are the same, someone else might know more or have used an xfr exhaust etc. he quoted me 1650 for the mufflers. Not sure if that’s his final price or what as I was one of the first to get the production mufflers!! His email and phone number are posted above somewhere! Ones on the site aren’t working. Think he said he’ll get around to fixing it but he seems like a very very busy cat! Haha I’m stilling loving the exhaust.
Have you ever got to adding on the x-pipe?

Last edited by Roman85; 08-09-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:35 AM
Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by XFR-S Beast
Yes it does have the auto button, it doesn't do anything. Might be a possibility in the future to add a module that when on auto it opens based off of a pre designated boost pressure reference, but for now it doesn't do anything. I mounted mine vertically with double sided Velcro right above the driver's side window controls and beneath the door handle. At night the ambient lighting on the door hits it perfect to see. Velcro of course in case you have to take it off to change the batteries.
XFR-S Beast I am getting these headers with a larger diameter (3.0" dual) exhaust and valved exhaust from Varex installed on my XFR, Id be interested to see if mine is the same or more HP and deeper than yours. I am moving to Pheonix in January so I'd like to meet you and compare them. Engine masters did a video of a V8 with dual 2.5" to dual 3" and dynoed them back to back. They picked up quite a bit of power everywhere and the engine made 600+ hp. I want to see if I can hit 700hp. I already got stage 2 clutches for the ZF trans and plans to fortify the rear end. Who tuned your car there? I was looking at tuning companies there and UMS seemed competent and Goodspeed has a nice dyno facility.

Originally Posted by Roman85
Thanks for all the good info here guys.

2013 XFR
Mina Mufflers
Mina Intake Tube
Mina Upper Pulley (2.5 psi)
K&n drop in filters
AP Tune w/pops
Ardent x-pipe w/o muffler just added.

I wanted to get a little bit of a deeper sound out of her so I added the Ardent X-pipe (w/o the muffler) just this week. To my surprise adding the x-pipe in combination with the Mina mufflers did just the opposite.. The exhaust tone became quieter to my surprise. I used a dB meter at start up. With the stock mid-pipe and Mina mufflers my peak on a cold start was 76dB. With the x-pipe installed the peak was only 71dB.

When revving while at a stand still the exhaust tone is good, not as deep as I want it but good. A tiny bit deeper over the stock mid-pipe. The big problem occurs when driving past 3k R’s. The exhaust note complete fades and the car gets quieter at WOT... It almost starts to sound like a weak V6. It’s been 3 days driving like this and it’s becoming very infuriating to say the least. What’s more, the tune is completely out of wack.. tremendous power loss. I know I need to re-scan her and get it re-adjusted to fix the issue. I reached out to Ryan and I’ll be ordering his mufflers, and then once I get those I’ll get her re-tuned.

So the bottom line here is save some time and don’t try to pair Mina mufflers with the Ardent X-pipe.

That’s my kitty

Ardent x-pipe installed
Roman your car is gorgeous! I wish my wheels were that color.

Old 12-19-2019, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

these motors for some reason need back pressure

Old 12-20-2019, 04:32 AM
Received 330 Likes on 185 Posts

The backpressure itself not an issue. The backpressure expected by a tune - is. With correctly adjusted tune you can have no mufflers, no cats, x-pipe and still remain at a same power level (actually the x-pipe itself allows to get some gains)

Reaxions (04-27-2022)
Old 07-08-2021, 11:58 AM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Can anyone with the ardent mufflers/silencers confirm it's 3 wires to each valve?

Old 12-04-2021, 09:00 AM

Made the purchase and can confirm these are controlled via a 2 wire, pulsed controller. I've almost finished the relays and controller but I have these setup to run from the factory dynamic mode button. Let me know if anyone else is interested. I put together a quick clip since before and after videos are always asked for. Unfortunately my first time out with the Ardent mufflers blew my mic so you can't really compare the stock to Ardent but you can hear the difference between valves closed and then open right at 3:35. Cannot recommend this purchase enough. Exhaust is throaty with the perfect amount of volume. Very glad they are valved though because wide open is all the time would be too much.

VOLUME UP

Last edited by mlrtime99; 12-04-2021 at 09:07 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by mlrtime99:
DeviLSh (12-04-2021), Jaaaggg (12-06-2021), the groove (04-19-2022)
Old 12-17-2021, 10:43 PM
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Gents, everyone I talk to about putting headers on my xfr tell me there is very little power to be gained with the headers based on my current exhaust. I have center section removed, mina axel back. I look at the headers (ardent) and I look at the factory exhaust manifolds and cats and have to believe there is power to be gained by removing the cats and putting on the headers, the motor minds tell me the little i will gain isn't $3k worth. I want to do it but can find something better to do with $3k if i'll gain 25 rwhp. Someone have dyno sheets to educate us that wonder? Racer 69 Shane has some amazing youtube videos proving everything he has done he just hasn't done exhaust yet.
I did pm the guy who has the xfrs that seems to be over the moon and talks like 80 hp with the full exhaust but nothing to prove it, once again I show that post to people who work on supercharged cars and they say not possible
thanks

Old 12-18-2021, 10:07 AM

I think when it comes to the headers or a "full" system for that matter you have to need it. You're helping the engine breath so if you've done upgrades elsewhere - pulley's, tune, etc... so your engine can take advantage of a freer flowing exhaust coupled with another tune to maximize that exhaust then you'll see benefit. But I agree with others, just slapping it on without needing it would be a waste.

Old 12-18-2021, 02:49 PM

ML so with upper lower pulley/ tune/ x pipe and axle back your take is..... worth the 3K or not? Understanding that each of us have varied bank accounts and how much some HP is worth. I am fishing for thoughts here because we a Jaguar guys and what works on a corvette or mustang will be different on our cars. This is my first non American made car I am a rookie and freely admit it

The_Ikon (01-06-2022)
Old 12-19-2021, 08:39 AM
Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by mlrtime99
Made the purchase and can confirm these are controlled via a 2 wire, pulsed controller. I've almost finished the relays and controller but I have these setup to run from the factory dynamic mode button. Let me know if anyone else is interested. I put together a quick clip since before and after videos are always asked for. Unfortunately my first time out with the Ardent mufflers blew my mic so you can't really compare the stock to Ardent but you can hear the difference between valves closed and then open right at 3:35. Cannot recommend this purchase enough. Exhaust is throaty with the perfect amount of volume. Very glad they are valved though because wide open is all the time would be too much.

VOLUME UP
https://youtu.be/kyE_7zDNTFc
Sounds similar to my Mina Gallery exhaust.

Old 01-06-2022, 01:40 PM
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by wimmer
ML so with upper lower pulley/ tune/ x pipe and axle back your take is..... worth the 3K or not? Understanding that each of us have varied bank accounts and how much some HP is worth. I am fishing for thoughts here because we a Jaguar guys and what works on a corvette or mustang will be different on our cars. This is my first non American made car I am a rookie and freely admit it
Hey, with those modifications it should be more than enough to put smiles on your face! My buddy has these same modes (except the lower pulley) on his Audi A7 with the 3.0 SC and he was doing 4.28 sec 0-60 with upgrades from a stock of 5.2 0-60. Plus he just added the TCU tune and it went to 4.0 secs flat all on pump gas without any weight savings in 38degree weather!

Old 01-07-2022, 08:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

I've had everything but the lower pulley and axle back exhaust (I removed the valves in my stock exhaust) and the tune and x-pipe are mandatory. Having a shop remove the valves in the mufflers doesn't cost much and provides better sound,. It's not anywhere near as loud as an exhaust though. I actually prefer my car without the upper pulley. Had the car tuned about a month before sticking the upper pulley on and had it on for a number of years before the supercharger coupler failed. Back to stock pulley and it's a better day to day car. Less lightswitch throttle behavior. Was always curious about the lower pulley. But I make enough power and my car is old enough now that I would hate to have some sort of failure when I enjoy the car so much. If you can do only one, do the tune.

Old 01-12-2022, 10:51 PM

kyanite are your power numbers dyno rwhp?

Old 01-13-2022, 07:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

kyanite are your power numbers dyno rwhp?
Everything I've ever posted about power are rwhp numbers. If you look back at my old posts, you will see dyno graphs and power charts. I figured if it wasn't dyno proven, with before and after to see the percentage increases, it wasn't real.

The following 4 users liked this post by 2010 Kyanite XFR:
DeviLSh (01-18-2022), Panthro (01-17-2022), Reaxions (04-27-2022), User 42324 (01-13-2022)
Old 01-16-2022, 10:49 PM
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Price went up on the Ardent headers.

Old 01-18-2022, 07:48 AM
Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by VicVegas84
Yes... yes it did

Old 01-20-2022, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VicVegas84
Funny you two posted this in the past week... I have had Ardent exhaust on my XFR-S for 2.5 years and loved it. Considering the headers that used to be $2800 and are now $3750, ouch. Going to look into all the other mods to build this with some power gains seems it's attainable within $3K-$5 to do everything else like the pulley, tune, intercooler. The headers seem a little overkill for minimal power gain but would consider doing downpipes- I wonder if Velocity AP's 200 cell cats for $1300 are a far better investment than headers, or if I'm supposed to do it all. Lol. Time will tell

Quick Reply: Full XFR/XFR-S exhaust(that's right... Finally headers too!)