XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Icarsoft scanning tools

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 04:05 AM
Location: Oranjemund - far south western corner of Namibia , orange river mouth.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Icarsoft scanning tools

Hi there from Newby,
I know the I930 is the most popular / cheapest diagnostic tool for Jaguar but I wanted to ask if I should rather go for the V2.0 to be able to use the DPF reset function (will I ever need it). Are they both easy to use and what other manual is needed for decoding and pin pointing error codes with these tools? Maybe the LR2? Can someone with experience on these 3 models pls let me know which one is easiest to use (understand) & to decode and will I need all functions for DIY on the V2.0 or will the I930 be sufficientWill be used on 2013, XF 3.0 D S
Thank you

Old 05-19-2019, 07:45 AM
Location: Oranjemund - far south western corner of Namibia , orange river mouth.

Do one get an explanation of all codes with the scanner?

Old 05-19-2019, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,114 Likes on 2,297 Posts

I got an i930 a few years ago to use on my XFS then on my XFR and then on the F-Type.
It reads almost every possible error code but it doesn't show the last two digits of the code which would otherwise really narrow it down.
It also shows a wide range of readings and parameters which are useful for diagnosis of problems.
It resets/deletes error codes but doesn't do any of the fancier functions like resetting the service required message, checking and resetting DPF readings, initiating a forced DPF regen, putting the EPB in service mode etc etc.
A few months ago I got an LR 2.0 which does all of those things and more, but it still doesn't show the last two digits of the error code, I believe only SDD will do that and maybe some other rather expensive code readers.
All the codes are explained by both readers or you can research the internet for more detail.
The LR 2.0 is a fairly big step up from the i930, but it costs around twice as much and it's a bit more fiddly to connect up as you have to re-attach the OBD2 cable to the device each time.
But if it does what it says on the tin regards DPF functions then it would be worth it for an X250 3.0D owner.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:05 PM

Thanx OzXFR ... This clears up alot ... I will go for the V2.0.
Can the DPF regen be done while the car is stationary or do one plug the scanner in and then drive?

Old 05-20-2019, 12:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,114 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakka
Thanx OzXFR ... This clears up alot ... I will go for the V2.0.
Can the DPF regen be done while the car is stationary or do one plug the scanner in and then drive?
Dunno.
This what the advertising blurb says:
"Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) regeneration control system, requests the DPF regeneration process while DPF blockage and turn off the DPF indicator."
I presume it is done while the car is stationary (but with the engine running) as it would not be safe to be fiddling with the reader while driving.

Edit - the User's Manual has a little more info but the text is so tiny I can't read it.
But you can download it here: https://www.icarsoft.us/Uploads/down...ies_Manual.pdf
And here is my attempt to copy that part into a pic:

Last edited by OzXFR; 05-20-2019 at 12:24 AM.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:56 AM

Thanx ... I suppose the car must idle for long to heat up the DPF in order to burn particles when regen is activated on the scanner.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:50 AM

Hi,
Been investigating the functions of the scanner on my XF 3D S. While using the live data function I noticed all the different sensor readings and wondered where one would find what the ideal reading of each sensor should be during idle for instance etc. Would be wonderful to have a document with the ideal perimeters or something like that to diagnose and pinpoint a warn component or sensor.

Old 05-22-2020, 01:15 PM
Received 496 Likes on 315 Posts

as far as im aware, DPF regen wont happen on idle, t has to be driving around at constant speed and revs, and even the t may only do a partial regeneration , and may take several journeys to complete

BB

Old 05-22-2020, 02:53 PM

Can do a forced Regen

Old 05-22-2020, 03:41 PM
Received 94 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Brake buster
as far as im aware, DPF regen wont happen on idle, t has to be driving around at constant speed and revs, and even the t may only do a partial regeneration , and may take several journeys to complete

BB
Yes. Car is driven at a steady speed between 40 - 70 mph. Car is then commanded to initiate a regen, instead of having the car decide when it wants to do it. Car remains being driven until regen cycle shows completed.
As BB says, it may have to be done several times if the DPF is getting full. You should keep a close eye on your engine oil level, due to fuel dilution which can lunch your engine.