XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

If your dash is Bubbling, and your out of warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bubbling Dash

Originally Posted by Bigg Will
If your dash is bubbling, and your out of warranty, their is another option other than the $$$$ and dash removal the dealer wants. One of my local HIGH LINE used car dealer friends gets all his XF dashes redone by a guy who removes the front glass. It takes 2 days for him to remove the glass, stretch glue and then clip/staple the dash leather so it can NEVER shrink and wrinkle again for hundreds instead of thousands.
So if your in So Cali and need more info PM me, if your out of so cal check with some of your local High line used car dealers, My contact says he has never sold an XF that 'didn't need a dash repair' (Its a common XF problem) so this method is probably out there already.
The leather dash on my 2011 XFR is bubbling and I'm in So. Cal. Can you give me the contact info for the guy who removes the windshield? Thanks.

Old 07-17-2018, 07:48 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

>Can you give me the contact info for the guy who removes the windshield?

I'd think the first thing to do is find a person who could fix the dash cover, then work with them to find a windshield replacement company that would be willing to come to the first guy's shop and then sub to that guy.
=================================
My karma just ran over your dogma
Current Hers: '13 Lexus ES350
Current Mine: '15 Jaguar XF (its aubergine)

Old 08-04-2018, 01:42 AM
Thumbs up Where do I go?

If your dash is bubbling, and your out of warranty, their is another option other than the $$$$ and dash removal the dealer wants. One of my local HIGH LINE used car dealer friends gets all his XF dashes redone by a guy who removes the front glass. It takes 2 days for him to remove the glass, stretch glue and then clip/staple the dash leather so it can NEVER shrink and wrinkle again for hundreds instead of thousands.
So if your in So Cali and need more info PM me, if your out of so cal check with some of your local High line used car dealers, My contact says he has never sold an XF that 'didn't need a dash repair' (Its a common XF problem) so this method is probably out there already.
Hello. Thank you for the information in your thread. I was about to do things the hard way and remove the dash but would rather drive to Cali and have it done. Can you please send me more information? I would like to know who to call so I can set everything up. i notice that you mentioned that it cost hundreds, can you be more specific, if you don't mind? Thank you again.

Best regards,
Daniel Brice

Old 08-04-2018, 01:43 AM
Default Where do I go? P.S

Originally Posted by Dbrice999
Hello. Thank you for the information in your thread. I was about to do things the hard way and remove the dash but would rather drive to Cali and have it done. Can you please send me more information? I would like to know who to call so I can set everything up. i notice that you mentioned that it cost hundreds, can you be more specific, if you don't mind? Thank you again.

Best regards,
Daniel Brice
Also, where in So Cal?

Old 11-13-2018, 02:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ocean Beach Boat and Auto Upholstery in San Diego did a super job of pulling my warped dash back into like-new shape. Less than $900, compared with dealer's price of almost $4000 to replace the entire unit. I only wish that Jag NA had acknowledged the defect and helped me.

The following users liked this post:
Bigg Will (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 07:58 AM

I have a 2010 XF with the dash problem. Dealer quoted $6800 to repair. Jag said they would cover half as a "courtesy". Ridiculous. Why should it cost me (or us for the rest of owners with this problem) anything because Jag used the wrong glue? Anyone interested in joining me on a class action suit?

Old 11-28-2018, 08:03 AM

I have a 2010 XF with the dash problem. Dealer quoted $6800 to repair. Jag said they would cover half as a "courtesy". Ridiculous. Why should it cost me (or us for the rest of owners with this problem) anything because Jag used the wrong glue? Anyone interested in joining me on a class action suit?

Old 11-28-2018, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

I know it's frustrating. But on an 8-9 year old car I'm amazed they are offering anything for a cosmetic trim issue.
Why not just remove the dash and have an upholstery shop glue it back?

Old 11-29-2018, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,236 Likes on 1,765 Posts

Yes at this late date I would look at what others have done. It seems redoing the dash is much cheaper than replacement which is all Jaguar will do.
Get away from the dealer on this repair!

Old 12-18-2018, 05:43 PM
Default Contact info for bubbling dash

Please let me know who to contact to repair my 2011 XF dashboard.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:47 PM
Default Dashboard repair

Can you tell me who to contact to repair my bubbling 2011 XF dashboard?

Old 04-04-2019, 09:28 AM
Default Need help

Bigg Will
I have this issue with my 2011 Jaguar. I’ve been looking for a fix other that complete dealer replacement which is super costly$. I live in SoCal and was wondering if you could help get me in contact with your person that did the fix.

Old 04-04-2019, 12:22 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,207 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Thanks for posting about the dash. Good read! I am not sure what direction I will be going to fix the dash replace it or fix it. It seems that fixing it is an option as long as the fix holds up.

I would think the cause is that the leather is drying out and shrinking causing it to shrink and pull away. I wonder if treating the leather would help? I know the sun and heat in the car does not help.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

That's roughly it. On the earlier models (pre 2012ish I think) the glue dries out in the heat eventually, the leather shrinks/expands and works loose and bubbles up. Better in later models when they used a different glue and put a set of staples in around the center speaker

If you take it out, glue and staple it with appropriate glue it should be fine. But you need someone who knows how to stretch it flat so it doesn't wrinkle...

Old 06-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Default Hi can you inform me about the dealer ship that fixes dashboards

Please can you give me the name of the dealership that repairs dashboards, thankyou.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 273 Posts

The name of the shop was Ernie's upholstery in Colton CA. this post is OLD so I don't know if the place still exist, this will also be my LAST response as to "where" READ THE THREAD AND YOU'LL SEE IT MENTIONED SEVERAL TIMES.

I AM ABANDONING THIS POST!

Jeff Murray (05-06-2021)
Old 07-16-2019, 10:14 AM
Default wow. Thank you so much.

May I please have the name and phone number?

Old 07-16-2019, 08:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It's pretty easy to take out. Just take it out, and go to a junk yard and get a new one to drop in. That's what I did, and it cost about $300 and 2 hours of my time.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:39 PM
Default Yes i would like to know where this repair shop is. I'm in long Beach, ca

Yes i would like to know where this repair shop is. I'm in long Beach, ca

Old 07-20-2019, 07:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

To everyone still asking Bigg Will for the contact info, use your Google Fu. I did when he said he was abandoning the thread to see if indeed it was still there (it was).

You just have to put "Ernie's Auto Upholstery Colton CA" into the box on the Google home page and press enter.

Thought that would be common knowledge in 2019.

Bigg Will (07-20-2019)

Quick Reply: If your dash is Bubbling, and your out of warranty?