XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar XF air vent Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 10:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jaguar XF air vent Problem

Hello my name is Kurt. And life in spain. I will thank everyone that can help me. And im happy to be here in this forum. So i want to explain my problem, and sorry my english is not perfekt. My car is a Jaguar XF 2.7d and my problem is with the ventilation. They don't work like they need. Sometimes they works perfect but very less so like every 2-3 months is working everyting but only for 2-3 hours. and then is the problem the 4 ventilations are open all the time, i can change the temperature on the display but the air temperature is not chaning. i can change it on the display where i want that come the air. But the air come only on the feet. Can somebody help me what that can be?

thanks a lot for your help

Old 03-17-2020, 04:08 AM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts

Does it only circulate air over your feet no matter what setting you select on the display?
For example, if you turn off "auto" climate control, select the front vents and turn the fan on full, does it still just come through the lower vents by your feet?

With regards to the temperature, are you trying to heat or cool the air?

Have you tried reading any error codes from the OBDII interface?

I'm going to try this in Spanish too (or rather I'm going to see if I can word it sensibly so that google translate can make sense of it)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
¿Solo circula aire sobre sus pies sin importar la configuración que seleccione en la pantalla?
Por ejemplo, si apaga el control de clima "automático", selecciona los respiraderos delanteros y enciende el ventilador por completo, ¿sigue entrando por los respiraderos inferiores a sus pies?

Con respecto a la temperatura, ¿estás tratando de calentar o enfriar el aire?

¿Has intentado leer algún código de error de la interfaz OBDII?

Old 03-17-2020, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by fivel
Does it only circulate air over your feet no matter what setting you select on the display?
For example, if you turn off "auto" climate control, select the front vents and turn the fan on full, does it still just come through the lower vents by your feet?

With regards to the temperature, are you trying to heat or cool the air?

Have you tried reading any error codes from the OBDII interface?

I'm going to try this in Spanish too (or rather I'm going to see if I can word it sensibly so that google translate can make sense of it)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
¿Solo circula aire sobre sus pies sin importar la configuración que seleccione en la pantalla?
Por ejemplo, si apaga el control de clima "automático", selecciona los respiraderos delanteros y enciende el ventilador por completo, ¿sigue entrando por los respiraderos inferiores a sus pies?

Con respecto a la temperatura, ¿estás tratando de calentar o enfriar el aire?

¿Has intentado leer algún código de error de la interfaz OBDII?
Yes i can change what i want and the air will come only by the feet. The Auto climate i put everytime off but still not work. Yes sorry that i have forget the air power i can change but this is the only thing. Yes but still the aire is only at the feet. And to when i stop the engine the vents not close. So they are everytime open. But how i have say sometimes work everything perfekt but only for a shorttime. Yes i was in a official Jaguar Garage and they tell me that they can not say without trying change parts. And when is not this i need tu buy it. so this is to much risiko. The only thing what i have change is control unit in the footwell on the passenger side. ( but i have buy a used one in ebay)

Old 03-17-2020, 07:27 AM

Are the face vents configured to close when the car is turned off from the information system?

Old 03-17-2020, 08:30 AM

Are the face vents configured to close when the car is turned off from the information system?
yes in the system is that they open and close

but i have now read with OBDII

and i have this Fault
- B1088 LIN bus B
- B11ED Electric heater control module
- B11F8 outer air vent left
- B11F9 inner air vent left
- B11FA inner air vent Right
- B11FB outer air vent Right

can somebody tell me what is LIN bus B ? Many time when i clean the car with Water sometimes is working everything

Old 03-17-2020, 09:37 AM

That'll probably be it. It looks like you have a wiring or earth fault with the climate control unit. Could be a loose or corroded connection.

The following users liked this post:
Geoff_C (03-18-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 09:42 AM

That'll probably be it. It looks like you have a wiring or earth fault with the climate control unit. Could be a loose or corroded connection.

yes i think the same. I think is something with earth because sometimes when i clean it with water. Works it for shorttime. But i will check al conections thank you for help

Old 03-17-2020, 10:05 AM

The "registers" are the air vents.

You seem to have a fault to the registers and the air distribution. I'd check the power in to the control unit is ok (LIN_POWER_2), the GND and the signal distribution to the air vents. It might be you have two faults, both with the vents and the air distribution motor.

Failing that it could be a faulty module but that seems odd if you can control the fans.

The following users liked this post:
Geoff_C (03-18-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 10:18 AM

The "registers" are the air vents.

You seem to have a fault to the registers and the air distribution. I'd check the power in to the control unit is ok (LIN_POWER_2), the GND and the signal distribution to the air vents. It might be you have two faults, both with the vents and the air distribution motor.

Failing that it could be a faulty module but that seems odd if you can control the fans.
exactly now when i go in the car close the door everything is working. Then 1 min later in the middle the right vent is not working. I have make a video. Yes the only thing what i can change is the air power so than come more or less air. On the display i can change everything. But the signal is not coming to the vents or air distribution motor. I will check now the power and the cabel and when know something more i will share it here in the forum.

And now is working other Time nothing.

Last edited by Kurt Iseli Jr.; 03-17-2020 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:39 AM
Old 03-17-2020, 10:42 AM

thanks for the Link but both not working. I will now take out the 4 vents and check the power and the conection

Old 03-17-2020, 10:58 AM

Sorry, that was my cut and pasting error

Workshop manual:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/itzjq6rti2...anual.pdf?dl=0

Wiring diagram:
http://www.jagrepair.com/images/Elec...20X250Comp.pdf

Old 03-17-2020, 11:38 AM

No problem thank you

Old 03-17-2020, 11:47 AM

Sorry, that was my cut and pasting error

Workshop manual:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/itzjq6rti2...anual.pdf?dl=0

Wiring diagram:
http://www.jagrepair.com/images/Elec...20X250Comp.pdf
now i have more DTC
i can not explain this.

i have not start the work jet but more faults.

and the seat clima have to an error now.
i can delet all DTC only the electric heater control modul i can not delet.

Last edited by Kurt Iseli Jr.; 03-17-2020 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:38 PM

The could still be an electrical problem, from the wiring diagram is seems that both the instrument cluster and the climate control system use the same ground, behind the instrument cluster on the right hand side of the "IP beam". Perhaps there's some damage to the loom or the grounding connections, or just a bad connection somewhere in there. Unplug it all and clean the contacts/connections?

Old 04-06-2020, 11:04 AM

witch one is the Electric heater control modul?
i have check all the cabels and find nothing.

Is this the electric heater control modul?

The could still be an electrical problem, from the wiring diagram is seems that both the instrument cluster and the climate control system use the same ground, behind the instrument cluster on the right hand side of the "IP beam". Perhaps there's some damage to the loom or the grounding connections, or just a bad connection somewhere in there. Unplug it all and clean the contacts/connections?

Old 04-06-2020, 03:52 PM
Received 94 Likes on 83 Posts

The aux heater can start failing & it starts spiking the can-bus system. Blowing cold air at your feet no matter what the controls say is a symptom, along with odd vent behaviour. The easy way is disconnect the heater.

Last edited by Robinus; 04-06-2020 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:27 PM

unplug the heater? Or what you mean ?

Originally Posted by Robinus
The aux heater can start failing & it starts spiking the can-bus system. Blowing cold air at your feet no matter what the controls say is a symptom, along with odd vent behaviour. The easy way is disconnect the heater.

Old 04-06-2020, 04:45 PM

you mean unplug the 3 or 8

Originally Posted by Robinus

Old 04-07-2020, 10:06 AM
Received 94 Likes on 83 Posts

Neither. You want to disconnect the auxiliary electric heater. On my 2009 XF 3.0 diesel, at the heater, a small green/white wire goes to it. Disconnect that. Your wiring may be a different colour. If this works, go to your garage & get them to program it out too.

I downloaded both the files above but couldn't open them & I can't find a decent diagram for you as I'm doing this on my phone. The S-type had a diesel powered Webasto auxiliary heater. With the XF range they changed to an electric one. It's purpose is to help heat up the coolant quicker in cold weather, so the engine & heating warms up quicker. Do a Google search for 'Jaguar XF auxiliary electric heater' or ask your garage. Mine was easy to get to, but I have a different model.

Last edited by Robinus; 04-07-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Jaguar XF air vent Problem