XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar Xf - No ignition/smaet key error after attempting dashcam install

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 06:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar Xf - No ignition/smaet key error after attempting dashcam install

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone can offer any advice before it goes to a garage. AA were unable to locate any issue which would cause it.

I tried to install a dashcam in my 2014 Jaguar Xf yesterday using interior fuses nr 19 and 36 to draw power from. That is sunroof (not a sunroof model) and steering colum adjust.

Car now won't start. Have disconnected the additional two wires, and still no luck. The key fob won't lock/unlock the car, only the light button on the fob works to activate front/rear.
The fob isn't picked up by the car, it says to reposition when atempting to start the car. If I hold the fob to the sensor under the steering column it says Keyless start backup error: refer to handbook.
There is nothing in the handbook I can find to remedy this error.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Battery is fine, have checked majority of fuses and they are also fine.

Model: 2014 Jaguar Xf 2.2d

Old 01-26-2020, 09:38 AM
les
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

You could try a main battery disconnect for a few minutes and see if it remedies the problem. Good luck.

Old 01-26-2020, 09:43 AM
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Good luck.

Why not use the Cigar lighter connections?

Old 01-26-2020, 09:49 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have diagnostic tool? Sdd? Check vin number in front cjb (bcm). If it is absent, then your bcm is near death. It is a common issue on facelift xf. If you have sdd, i can turn your car to life via teamviewer.

Old 01-26-2020, 11:28 AM

Here's some of the errors that are present.

The first is when attempting to press the start button, with the key inside the car.
The second message appears when I press the start button a second time.
The third message appears when I hope the fob to the sensor under the steering column.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery after a period of time has not resolved it.

There was a cm replaced in the car several months ago due to water ingress. I figure this has not been caused by similar water ingress as it only happened for the first time after trying to connect a dashcam. If this has been caused by my error, can anyone recommend the solution or what may have been damaged?

Cheers

Old 01-26-2020, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by 0n0t0le
Do you have diagnostic tool? Sdd? Check vin number in front cjb (bcm). If it is absent, then your bcm is near death. It is a common issue on facelift xf. If you have sdd, i can turn your car to life via teamviewer.
I have a USB obd reader however no sdd or software.

Old 01-26-2020, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by CarlD
Here's some of the errors that are present.

The first is when attempting to press the start button, with the key inside the car.
The second message appears when I press the start button a second time.
The third message appears when I hope the fob to the sensor under the steering column.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery after a period of time has not resolved it.

There was a cm replaced in the car several months ago due to water ingress. I figure this has not been caused by similar water ingress as it only happened for the first time after trying to connect a dashcam. If this has been caused by my error, can anyone recommend the solution or what may have been damaged?

Cheers

repair or replace cjb (front bcm). Dealer will only replace it to new one. I have a solution to repair it, but you need external programmer for bcm flash. Temporary, keys may be programmed to your old bcm via sdd, but the car will lost them every time battery disconnected. Also windscreen washer will not work with faulty cjb. Only one way is to check this problem - read vin in front cjb, as i told. On my photo there is a faulty one:

btw, did you check all fuses? Especially electric column one.

Last edited by 0n0t0le; 01-26-2020 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 02:14 PM

repair or replace cjb (front bcm). Dealer will only replace it to new one. I have a solution to repair it, but you need external programmer for bcm flash. Temporary, keys may be programmed to your old bcm via sdd, but the car will lost them every time battery disconnected. Also windscreen washer will not work with faulty cjb. Only one way is to check this problem - read vin in front cjb, as i told. On my photo there is a faulty one:

btw, did you check all fuses? Especially electric column one.
Sorry, is this the information you're suggesting to check?

Yes I've checked all fuses and they're all fine

Old 01-26-2020, 02:36 PM

without sdd you can't do anything(

Old 01-26-2020, 02:39 PM

without sdd you can't do anything(
Do you have any recommendations I can pass on to the garage tomorrow if you're familiar with the potential issue?
Do you know how I could of triggered it, perhaps?

Many thanks for your replies

Old 01-26-2020, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by CarlD
Do you have any recommendations I can pass on to the garage tomorrow if you're familiar with the potential issue?
Do you know how I could of triggered it, perhaps?

Many thanks for your replies
check fuses.
check power to steering column (it is part of immo system)
search sdd and check vin number in bcm module

Old 01-07-2021, 05:55 PM

@0n0t0le can you help me? I am in a similar situation.. replaced my bcm with used from ebay..everything is working now except vis mismatch and no smartkey found error in dash. Called few shops around none was willing to reprogram it. In my old bcm when i tried to get vin# using autel ms906 it says no communication with module and also give the same rror for rjb..but when i connect the used one i am able yo pull vin for it and also rjb.
note: rjb is good and not replaced..its ghe old cjb thats not letting ghe rjb to communicate either

Old 01-08-2021, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Fahad128
@0n0t0le can you help me? I am in a similar situation.. replaced my bcm with used from ebay..everything is working now except vis mismatch and no smartkey found error in dash. Called few shops around none was willing to reprogram it. In my old bcm when i tried to get vin# using autel ms906 it says no communication with module and also give the same rror for rjb..but when i connect the used one i am able yo pull vin for it and also rjb.
note: rjb is good and not replaced..its ghe old cjb thats not letting ghe rjb to communicate either
need sdd. i don't know any solutions to fix this problem without sdd. if you has one - contact me skype: onotole7777, i will help you.

Old 02-18-2021, 04:30 AM

hi I also have this problem , i have checked the fuses , i have power Colum and washer jets working . i also disconnected the batteries and also had module changed by a dealer few months ago but only had one key present at the time .i have had a locksmith come out he has managed to get a new key working as locking and unlocking doors, turn on ignition but non start. When code read i get immobiliser no coms with engine

on the point of sdd or any other machine to use i have snap on , a mach tools and autel but dont think any are like the sdd.
i am willing to buy one if needed whats the best and place to get them from ?

thanks for any advice or help

Old 02-18-2021, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Simon Norton
hi I also have this problem , i have checked the fuses , i have power Colum and washer jets working . i also disconnected the batteries and also had module changed by a dealer few months ago but only had one key present at the time .i have had a locksmith come out he has managed to get a new key working as locking and unlocking doors, turn on ignition but non start. When code read i get immobiliser no coms with engine

on the point of sdd or any other machine to use i have snap on , a mach tools and autel but dont think any are like the sdd.
i am willing to buy one if needed whats the best and place to get them from ?

thanks for any advice or help
aliexpress, jlr mongoose pro cable.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:25 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

@0n0t0le My car just had this happen last week after a 30 min negative battery disconnect. It is at the dealer and they say it needs a new BCM but none are available in US and only in Dubai, who won't ship it, and somewhere else in Europe. I have been searching for SDD and mongoose cable but there is a sea of them it seems ranging from expensive which I assume are official and some that are cheap I assume are hacked versions.

I cannot turn on the ignition at all and have the smart key messages as posted previously. How can SDD do anything if the car cannot be "turned on"? I desperately need your help or I have a car that will be salvage/parts but otherwise is perfectly fine. I can't skype because I don't have a personal cell phone. Please help.

Last edited by jmurraywv; 08-03-2021 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:07 AM
Received 88 Likes on 81 Posts

OnOtOle will connect to your sdd using remoute desktop & using his programme can repair your system. You will need sdd with internet connection while connected to your car!

Old 08-04-2021, 03:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by John Williams
OnOtOle will connect to your sdd using remoute desktop & using his programme can repair your system. You will need sdd with internet connection while connected to your car!
There are sites with free download of SDD. Will one of those be sufficient? Do I need some subscription or account for him to connect to my SDD? I know others have said they wouldn't use a knockoff cable but can I use one of the Mangoose ones or may not work when programming module? I'm not familiar with this condition and I've been trying to research and read but isn't as clear as I need it. I'm unsure if the car is even accessible if I cannot even turn on the ignition because of the smart key error it displays when trying to turn it on. I know enough the ignition needs to be on but not running to just read the OBDII codes.

Thanks for help and insight. I was told today the UK is getting 40 BCM on 8/6 and a backorder of 100. They can say mine is critical to try and jump up far enough in line to get one of the 40 for $916.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

aliexpress, jlr mongoose pro cable.
Dear 0n0t0le,
I am stuck with the same problem- disconnected the main battery and now it cannot be started, same messages on the cluster.
I have a working mongoose cable.
Can you share some basic steps that needs to be done to be able at least to temporary start the car and move to the more secure place?
SDD gives me a recommendation to perform "Configure existing module- Central junction box". Should I take this suggestion?
What next steps needs to be done?
I am using SDD 1.30.

Many thanks

Old 10-26-2022, 10:38 AM
Received 88 Likes on 81 Posts

Quick Reply: Jaguar Xf - No ignition/smaet key error after attempting dashcam install