XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Is this Luxury or Premium Luxury?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 02:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this Luxury or Premium Luxury?

I wonder how you can check if this is Luxury or Premium Luxury model. Here are some pics. Options include push button start and Bowers & Wilkins sound system.

Attached Thumbnails Is this Luxury or Premium Luxury?-1.jpg   Is this Luxury or Premium Luxury?-2.jpg  
Old 09-23-2012, 06:20 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

This is the premium luxury model

Old 09-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Every XF comes with push button start, regardless of trim.

Those wheels were only available on the Premium models. So was the BW system.

It's a premium

Old 09-23-2012, 11:29 AM

Thank you very much for your reply. One thing is I don't see keyless entry on the door handle. Is this normal or separate option from Premium? Also, I didn't check but Does Premium model comes with Bi-function HID Xenon headlamps with Adaptive Front Lights?

Old 09-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 260 Posts

Doesn't look Premium to me. Bond grain leather. Premium had soft grain leather. B&W option has different speaker covers with B&W markings. Also, keyless entry is proximity activated, nothing on the door handle. Walk up it should unlock, walk away it should lock if the key is in your pocket I.e. near the car.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Looks like a Luxury that they changed the wheels on.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jagular
keyless entry is proximity activated, nothing on the door handle. Walk up it should unlock, walk away it should lock if the key is in your pocket I.e. near the car.
Yea hard to tell from the pictures. If you have more pictures I could let you know but if there is no button on each door handle then it wouldn't be a Premium. The keyless entry isn't proximity. There is a button on the door handles. If the car is locked you will (with the key in your pocket) pull any of the door handles and the car will unlock. To lock the car (again key in the pocket) you click any button on the door handles, twice to set the alarm. It has the right wheels for the premium (but those were an option on the luxury too) but the keyless entry came standard on the premium and if it doesn't have that then it wouldn't be.

Cooled seats with rear sunshade is an option for premium and not available on luxury; heated seats are standard on premium (option for luxury). Bowers system is available on both and will say it on the speakers at the top of the doors (not shown in picture).

Just go to jaguar's site and download the brochure:

Jaguar International - XF 2009

Old 09-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Another way to tell is by the seat backs. If it has nets, it it's luxury. If not, then premium.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:29 PM

Looks like it's Luxury with upgrades of Wheels and S&W sound, Heated Seat, Rear Sunshade. When I looked at the car I didn't see the keyless entry on door handle. Basically, this car has most options for Premium....

Old 09-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member

Hmmm, some keyless entry system. Of course you have to pull the door handle to open the door, that's still a proximity system. The baffling part is why anyone would pay extra to avoid having to press the remote button while approaching the car.

The non proximity keyless locking is just dumb. How is it more convenient to press a button near the door than a button on the remote in one's pocket?

Old 09-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I thought keyless entry was standard across the jaguar lineup. However my 2012 loaner xf from two weeks ago didn't have keyless entry. If there are no buttons on the door handle. Then there is no keyless entry. That's how you lock the car with keyless entry

Old 09-24-2012, 09:23 PM

How much would you pay for this car with these options? It has 38k miles with warranty until next April. Thank you.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:14 PM

Unfortunately. I wouldn't buy that car at any price. Not enough warranty period left.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jagular
Hmmm, some keyless entry system. Of course you have to pull the door handle to open the door, that's still a proximity system. The baffling part is why anyone would pay extra to avoid having to press the remote button while approaching the car.

The non proximity keyless locking is just dumb. How is it more convenient to press a button near the door than a button on the remote in one's pocket?
It is a rubbish system that drives me mad. If my key is in my pocket next to my phone, it can sense the key, so allows me to open the door, but then for some reason, the alarm goes off. Why? Also, if I approach the car and one of my family gets there before I open the driver door - their door opens, but the alarm goes off. Why allow the door to be opened if it is going to trip the alarm? I don't trust it at all and have taken to always getting the key out of my pocket.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:36 PM

On my xjl if I have the key next to my phone in my pocket it won't open or lock the car but the alarm doesn't go off. It's a known fact you can't have your key next to your iPhone. It's very annoying. Just don't carry your iPhone and key in the same pocket.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Top of the line XF have the dash with leather stitched with white thread. If not you don't have that then it just the premium.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by darlo
It is a rubbish system that drives me mad. If my key is in my pocket next to my phone, it can sense the key, so allows me to open the door, but then for some reason, the alarm goes off. Why? Also, if I approach the car and one of my family gets there before I open the driver door - their door opens, but the alarm goes off. Why allow the door to be opened if it is going to trip the alarm? I don't trust it at all and have taken to always getting the key out of my pocket.
I think there's something wrong with your system. If someone pulls on the door handle without the key fob withing 39 inches, it just won't open, and nothing happens (no alarm).

There seems to be some confusion about the keyless entry system on XFs. In the US, standard models have keyless starting, but to open a locked car, you have to press a button on the key fob. On Premium models, in addition to keyless starting, if the key fob is within 39 inches of any door handle, you just pull on the door handle to open -- so you never have to touch the key fob. You can also use the remote if you like, to unlock. To lock, you can press the little black square button on any door handle if the key fob is within 39 inches, or you can lock via the key fob. This is exactly how Keyless Go works on Mercedes. Thus, you can easily tell a Premium by the four black square buttons on the door handles.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Long Islander
I think there's something wrong with your system. If someone pulls on the door handle without the key fob withing 39 inches, it just won't open, and nothing happens (no alarm).

There seems to be some confusion about the keyless entry system on XFs. In the US, standard models have keyless starting, but to open a locked car, you have to press a button on the key fob. On Premium models, in addition to keyless starting, if the key fob is within 39 inches of any door handle, you just pull on the door handle to open -- so you never have to touch the key fob. You can also use the remote if you like, to unlock. To lock, you can press the little black square button on any door handle if the key fob is within 39 inches, or you can lock via the key fob. This is exactly how Keyless Go works on Mercedes. Thus, you can easily tell a Premium by the four black square buttons on the door handles.

This is the exact same in Canada. The black square button in the door handles gives it away.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member

Then this car is not a Premium Luxury but a base car with "optional" wheels added.

No keyless on the picture. Seats look like base seats also, bond grain leather (shinier) rather than the soft touch (describes both the leather and the customer who falls for it!).