XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Mina Gallery Intake XF 5.0 S/C installed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 10 XF Premium
Nope no need to kill battery power.
Well it's ordered and on the way can't wait to install it along with the k&n drop ins that should be here tomorrow!!

Next I'm thinking about just doing a smaller pulley, will it run right on the factory tune ? Any gains without a custom tune ?

Old 03-24-2017, 12:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

from what I have heard the pulley install will be useless without the tune. Its like putting the cart before the horse.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by 801yankee777
Next I'm thinking about just doing a smaller pulley, will it run right on the factory tune ? Any gains without a custom tune ?
You will see gains in torque with just the pulley on a stock tune. However, they are less dramatic than the tune. Throw it on!

Old 03-24-2017, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
You will see gains in torque with just the pulley on a stock tune. However, they are less dramatic than the tune. Throw it on!
The reason I'm thinking pulley no tune is because it's just mechanical using the stock belt and I have a warranty til 100 k miles and a tune jeopardizes that if anything happens

Old 03-24-2017, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member

The reason I'm thinking pulley no tune is because it's just mechanical using the stock belt and I have a warranty til 100 k miles and a tune jeopardizes that if anything happens
The pulley typically changes color when you hear it for installation, so it's not stealthy in the engine bay. Anyone will be able to tell it's not stock.

I too have an extended warranty and I haven't had any issues. Not to say that I won't, but if I'm worried about a claim, I can take it to an Indy who will take care of me and not the dealer.

Last edited by 2010 Kyanite XFR; 03-24-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:55 PM

The pulley typically changes color when you hear it for installation, so it's not stealthy in the engine bay. Anyone will be able to tell it's not stock.

I too have an extended warranty and I haven't had any issues. Not to say that I won't, but if I'm worried about a claim, I can take it to an Indy who will take care of me and not the dealer.
What all have you done to yours ? What kind of gains have you seen with your mods ? How long have you been running modded without any issues?

Old 03-24-2017, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member

What all have you done to yours ? What kind of gains have you seen with your mods ? How long have you been running modded without any issues?
Search my posts for Jailbreak Tune (now known as GSR Technik). Full explanation and dyno charts. Been good for about 3 years with any mod related issues except for a half shaft that couldn't keep up at the strip

Old 03-28-2017, 11:12 PM

Search my posts for Jailbreak Tune (now known as GSR Technik). Full explanation and dyno charts. Been good for about 3 years with any mod related issues except for a half shaft that couldn't keep up at the strip
Wow very impressed with your results makes me want to tune my car with a pulley swap for sure !!
What kind of 1/4 mile times do you run at the track with your current setup?
I just got all my exhaust work done today went with catback system with x pipe resonator delete and magnaflow with dual black chrome tips looks sick and sounds great !! No drone at cruising speeds and not to loud but a nice deep tone when you get into the throttle it's exactly what I was looking for. Now just waiting on my Mina intake tube to go with the K&N drop ins, it should be here tomorrow or the next day.
​​​​​​​Can't wait til the drag strip opens for the season to see what this beast does at the track

Old 03-30-2017, 07:13 AM
Veteran Member

Can't remember exactly but basically 12.2 at around 118 mph. After I had to be dragged off the track, and flatbedded 200 miles home, I tried to block out that day. Patrick813 may have posted a slip. His time was marginally faster that day, but I was letting the car down. He is always consistent.

Not sure if my half shaft was weak from the factory or if I found the limit of the drivetrain, but if I do any more racing, it will be rolling starts at the airstrip or not on a prepped surface. Don't want to relive that day EVER.

Old 04-01-2017, 02:10 PM

Can't remember exactly but basically 12.2 at around 118 mph. After I had to be dragged off the track, and flatbedded 200 miles home, I tried to block out that day. Patrick813 may have posted a slip. His time was marginally faster that day, but I was letting the car down. He is always consistent.

Not sure if my half shaft was weak from the factory or if I found the limit of the drivetrain, but if I do any more racing, it will be rolling starts at the airstrip or not on a prepped surface. Don't want to relive that day EVER.
Well after driving for a few days I feel like the muffler upgrade actually lost me some power they are straight through magnaflow so I'm wondering if a loss in back pressure caused it ? I love the sound quality but obviously trying to upgrade performance not downgrade . Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Old 04-01-2017, 10:38 PM
Veteran Member

Well after driving for a few days I feel like the muffler upgrade actually lost me some power they are straight through magnaflow so I'm wondering if a loss in back pressure caused it ? I love the sound quality but obviously trying to upgrade performance not downgrade . Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
I wouldn't be surprised as oftentimes you lose midrange power opening up the exhaust. And that's where you really "feel" additional power is low to mid. For top end you really only notice bigger increases with the butt dyno. You typically need a stopwatch or another known car to judge smaller top end improvements.

Get a tune if you like the sound and it will definitely be quicker

Old 04-02-2017, 05:20 AM
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Darren9090
I just installed the mina intake and my butt dyno feels it is quicker and I can hear a little super charger whine now. Plus it's beautiful and very easy to put on. The entire path has no restrictions due to the very smart couplings with an internal ring. This allows the pipe to pipe connection to butt up against the ring instead having an edge compared to a tube inside a tube that would have a protruding lip. Others with more engineering experience please chime in, but I feel two 2.75" tubes will easily outflow the 3.5" and the throttle body so the smaller diameter pipes shouldn't be restricting anything.

My TCP is available for $100 + shipping costs if anyone is interested. I couldn't get the kinks out of it and switched to the mina.

2010 XF S/C - i'm interested in one of these 2 intakes and want to order this week.. how long did you have the TCP intake and what ''bugs'' weren't you able to work out? - just fitment issues? to buy the mina, which does look better, is a cost savings over the TCP anyway, but i may be interested in your used TCP intake - let me know.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:17 AM

I wouldn't be surprised as oftentimes you lose midrange power opening up the exhaust. And that's where you really "feel" additional power is low to mid. For top end you really only notice bigger increases with the butt dyno. You typically need a stopwatch or another known car to judge smaller top end improvements.

Get a tune if you like the sound and it will definitely be quicker
I installed the mina intake tube yesterday and I have definitely noticed a difference, not so much in sound or supercharged whine but that may be because the exhaust is louder than the intake at full throttle lol but it feels stronger down low wants to break loose easier and has chirped on the 1-2 shift a couple of times and it never did that before first test and tune for the season at my local drag strip is Saturday so I'm gonna take it there before work to get a few runs in and see what it does.

Old 04-03-2017, 04:03 PM
Veteran Member

I installed the mina intake tube yesterday and I have definitely noticed a difference, not so much in sound or supercharged whine but that may be because the exhaust is louder than the intake at full throttle lol but it feels stronger down low wants to break loose easier and has chirped on the 1-2 shift a couple of times and it never did that before first test and tune for the season at my local drag strip is Saturday so I'm gonna take it there before work to get a few runs in and see what it does.
Glad you're enjoying it. Make sure to post some time slips!

Old 04-03-2017, 04:13 PM

Glad you're enjoying it. Make sure to post some time slips!
I still don't know how to post pics on here but I will let you know the results, I'm in utah so definitely won't be as fast as cali times due to elevation, I'm guessing low 13s maybe high 12s if I'm lucky

Old 04-06-2017, 07:35 AM
Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

I still don't know how to post pics on here but I will let you know the results, I'm in utah so definitely won't be as fast as cali times due to elevation, I'm guessing low 13s maybe high 12s if I'm lucky
Posting pics is EASY!

Click the icon above with the sun and mountains (picture). 2 options will appear; enter URL (you can use hosted pics at photobucket, etc.), or click "browse your device" and select the photo you want and take it from there.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by MarkN
Posting pics is EASY!

Click the icon above with the sun and mountains (picture). 2 options will appear; enter URL (you can use hosted pics at photobucket, etc.), or click "browse your device" and select the photo you want and take it from there.
Well unfortunately it was raining on Saturday so no dice on taking the Jag to the track

But I had some fun running against my buddies Benz it's twin turbo V8 and AWD I was pretty impressed :

Got a little video on it how do I upload a video?

Old 04-15-2017, 10:07 PM

Well unfortunately it was raining on Saturday so no dice on taking the Jag to the track

But I had some fun running against my buddies Benz it's twin turbo V8 and AWD I was pretty impressed :

Got a little video on it how do I upload a video?
I'm shooting for next week weather pending to run the jag down the 1/4
​​​​​​​

Old 04-17-2017, 01:32 PM

I am interested in the $100 deal do you still have it? I have a 2009 xf sc. Thanks

Old 04-18-2017, 06:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 203 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by cyndav6875
I am interested in the $100 deal do you still have it? I have a 2009 xf sc. Thanks
The TCP intake for sale in this thread is for the 5L. The 2009 XF SC is a 4.2L (at least in the US it is) and it has a different intake setup. The only company that makes an intake for the XF SC 4.2L is TCP. Here is a shot of my TCP 2009 XF SC 4.2L intake so you can see the difference:

Attached Thumbnails Mina Gallery Intake XF 5.0 S/C installed!-jagintake2.jpg  

Last edited by Blackcoog; 04-18-2017 at 06:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
cyndav6875 (04-18-2017)

Quick Reply: Mina Gallery Intake XF 5.0 S/C installed!