XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Mina Gallery Intake XF 5.0 S/C installed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 01:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mina Gallery Intake XF 5.0 S/C installed!

Chris over at Mina was gracious enough to install the new CAI developed for the XFR. I allowed him to use my car for final fit and finish purposes. In return I drove away with an awesome looking unit and what may already feel like better throttle response compared to my former CAI (TCP). Aesthetically it's more pleasing to the eye and the lack of silicon sleeves etc gives it a more premium appearance.
It's 2 3/4 inches in diameter and was a breeze to install. I'll post pictures shortly. FYI...I DO NOT HAVE PRICING OR AVAILABILITY INFORMATION. Presumably Chris will post that information at a later date.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:01 PM
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Hey fella,

Really interested in this kit.......I have a 2010 XFR running a tune and pulley.

vidbof mine on tbe rollers if you Youtube XFR Le mans dyno....

P.S. how do the Kumho's ride and feel??

Last edited by damienedwards; 09-30-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:20 PM

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the Kumho rubber. I initially thought I'd regret it, but I gotta tell you...they're awesome tires. They're quiet with excellent grip and cornering ability. Sticky enough without sacrificing mileage. Happy median for me, personally.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:47 PM

I need to edit the "CAI" portion of this thread, because in all actuality it's not necessarily cold air as much as a better flowing unit. It's entirely free of baffles and resonators etc. I definitely here more blower whine and feel a better throttle response

Old 09-30-2016, 05:01 PM
Received 102 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownBrit
I'll post pictures shortly.
Looking forward to the photos!

Old 09-30-2016, 05:29 PM
Old 01-26-2017, 11:10 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownBrit
Mina Intake Tubes

I finally received my intake Y-Pipe from Chris at Mina, along with their pulley. The pipe fit great! Awaiting my pulley install and stage 2 tune. A nice suprise was the packet of tire valve stem caps with the "R" logo..Thanks Chris!

Definately feel the seat of the pants improvement in throttle response with the pipe.

The following users liked this post:
Bigg Will (01-27-2017)
Old 01-27-2017, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by bmcinsd
Mina Intake Tubes

I finally received my intake Y-Pipe from Chris at Mina, along with their pulley. The pipe fit great! Awaiting my pulley install and stage 2 tune. A nice suprise was the packet of tire valve stem caps with the "R" logo..Thanks Chris!

Definately feel the seat of the pants improvement in throttle response with the pipe.
Update - after a day of smashing the throttle, the Jag has made the proper adaptations and I can definately say it gained a bit of power. I have BMC airfilters and OE Tuning stage 1 tune. The pipe definately helped performance more than I anticipated. I seem to be hitting full boost (12psi) more readily and get the push in the back more often.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:24 PM
Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

I want this!

Old 01-27-2017, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by MarkN
I want this!
I have to say that it's a very small investment for good performance. I've noticed mainly that I'm able to hit full boost quicker and more often....perhaps less restriction, straighter flow and more air volume. Can't wait to dyno tune with the smaller pulley and this set-up.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

so why do you feel it gives better performance than the TCP intake? This unit does have a much cleaner look to it...what tune are you loading btw?

Old 01-28-2017, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
so why do you feel it gives better performance than the TCP intake? This unit does have a much cleaner look to it...what tune are you loading btw?
I don't know if it gives better performance than the TCP. However it is one solid piece and "potentially" better flow...I run OE Tuning because of my prior vehicle's tunes and history of the service I get with Jeremy at OE Tuning.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

I am planning on getting the Velocity AP tune and crank pulley. waiting to hear back. One of the members in the F Type side has a sick F Type that is armed to the teeth with mods (unhingd) and he highly recommends their tune.

I also noticed a big improvement in throttle response after installing my intake. I still have noticeable lag between pedal input and response, but it is not nearly as bad as before. From what I have read, the tune will get rid of that lag. Its a sweet looking intake for sure though.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
I am planning on getting the Velocity AP tune and crank pulley. waiting to hear back. One of the members in the F Type side has a sick F Type that is armed to the teeth with mods (unhingd) and he highly recommends their tune.

I also noticed a big improvement in throttle response after installing my intake. I still have noticeable lag between pedal input and response, but it is not nearly as bad as before. From what I have read, the tune will get rid of that lag. Its a sweet looking intake for sure though.
VAP is a very good company across multiple platforms and one of the few that is investing a fair amount of energy in R&D for the Jag engines. I think the next big step for the supercharged V-8s will be the addition of a modified crankcase pulley and water-meth. Then solve the issus of getting that power to the ground.....

Old 02-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 203 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by bmcinsd
I don't know if it gives better performance than the TCP. However it is one solid piece and "potentially" better flow...
This is a FI engine. The TCP intake uses 3 inch tubing where Mina's is 2.75 inches. Seems odd that Mina steps down from 3.5" to 2.75" and then back up to 3" for the air boxes. I'm pretty sure a smaller pipe is going to be more restrictive. A legit back to back dyno is the only way to prove it. It does look pretty minus the ugly weld Mina should have sanded out.

Last edited by Blackcoog; 02-01-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:50 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackcoog
This is a FI engine. The TCP intake uses 3 inch tubing where Mina's is 2.75 inches. Seems odd that Mina steps down from 3.5" to 2.75" and then back up to 3" for the air boxes. I'm pretty sure a smaller pipe is going to be more restrictive. A legit back to back dyno is the only way to prove it. It does look pretty minus the ugly weld Mina should have sanded out.
I just installed the mina intake and my butt dyno feels it is quicker and I can hear a little super charger whine now. Plus it's beautiful and very easy to put on. The entire path has no restrictions due to the very smart couplings with an internal ring. This allows the pipe to pipe connection to butt up against the ring instead having an edge compared to a tube inside a tube that would have a protruding lip. Others with more engineering experience please chime in, but I feel two 2.75" tubes will easily outflow the 3.5" and the throttle body so the smaller diameter pipes shouldn't be restricting anything.

My TCP is available for $100 + shipping costs if anyone is interested. I couldn't get the kinks out of it and switched to the mina.

Last edited by Darren9090; 02-10-2017 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Darren9090
I just installed the mina intake and my butt dyno feels it is quicker and I can hear a little super charger whine now. Plus it's beautiful and very easy to put on. The entire path has no restrictions due to the very smart couplings with an internal ring. This allows the pipe to pipe connection to butt up against the ring instead having an edge compared to a tube inside a tube that would have a protruding lip. Others with more engineering experience please chime in, but I feel two 2.75" tubes will easily outflow the 3.5" and the throttle body so the smaller diameter pipes shouldn't be restricting anything.

My TCP is available for $100 + shipping costs if anyone is interested. I couldn't get the kinks out of it and switched to the mina.
I have been seriously considering the mina intake tube they have a great look and should improve sound quality as well . I just don't want any Cel due to the intake, how long have you had it installed? Any issues with cels? I'm on a stock tune since I have a warranty and don't want any issues to pop up if I install

Old 03-23-2017, 01:27 PM
Received 125 Likes on 115 Posts

You will not get any CEL warnings as long as you do not have a leak between the MAS and TB.

Just make sure you plug in both MAS units before you start the engine after install.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 10 XF Premium
You will not get any CEL warnings as long as you do not have a leak between the MAS and TB.

Just make sure you plug in both MAS units before you start the engine after install.
Awesome thanks for the advice, so do you disconnect the battery before install?
​​​​​​​

Old 03-23-2017, 03:12 PM
Received 125 Likes on 115 Posts

Nope no need to kill battery power.

Quick Reply: Mina Gallery Intake XF 5.0 S/C installed!