XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

My first upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 08:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first upgrade

Hi. This is my new upgrade to my XF
Rear spoiler. Next week i'm planing to install the diffuser, i sent it to be paint.
I'm also thinking to replace my side vents to the those on the facelift, does anyone tried it?

Before

After

Old 06-18-2016, 09:41 AM
Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

I like it!

I have chrome on both my side vents and hood vents and like the look.

Old 06-18-2016, 04:01 PM
Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Spoiler - Cool!

Fake 'R' badge - Not cool!

Old 06-18-2016, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaaaggg
Spoiler - Cool!

Fake 'R' badge - Not cool!
It's probably not a fake badge, but not on the right car ;-)

Old 06-18-2016, 10:17 PM
Default R badge

We'll. my next fake R badge is going to be on the front grill.
I think it's "cool"

Old 06-23-2016, 11:52 AM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Liran
We'll. my next fake R badge is going to be on the front grill.
I think it's "cool"
its SUPER cool.... on an R car, otherwise its just kind of a wanna be move...id buy an R before i pretended to have one.... that just me though, and thats not my car...

Old 06-23-2016, 05:53 PM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 529 Likes on 389 Posts

Oh heck..a lot of people are doing it...

Before:

After:

Old 06-24-2016, 11:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

Yah...if he likes it let it be. Still, when other cars come up to you and start punking you, all you can do is stay chill and keep cruising...then you make all the legit "R" guys seem lame cause they would just spool their S/C and leave those bitches staring at their taillights. Since you a pre-facelift XF, you should go the route I did. Do an exhaust mod to get the right tone from your exhaust, then contact WON in england and order a small 50 shot Slickfit booster kit (wet). It can be installed in a about 1 hour. That keeps those pesky ****ing chargers, camaros and mustangs in their place (except when the leggy blonde is in the Jag, then I still win cause...well... I have a leggy blonde in a Jag!!) It is a bit more expensive than slapping on badge, but at least you won't have the perception of driving around like a Geez and making the legit XFR people mad. Here is a pic. of mine. I plan to do the software upgrade later on which should give me another 20 HP.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:31 PM
Default Thanks for the support

People got very serious because of this badge. Buy the way, I've just installed the mina exhaust int awesome+ I've installed the rear diffuser and it looks great.
Where did you get the side rocker panels? They look very nice on the car

Old 06-30-2016, 03:32 AM
Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

My Mina exhaust went on last week and I love it too!!

Old 06-30-2016, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member

Post a pic of that diffuser you installed....it's something i have been considering. The side sills are part of the Aero package. My XF is a Limited Edition Sport, so it has a few custom mods like the front bumper and the piano black wood interior.

Old 07-01-2016, 03:49 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tbh. even though I would prefer to have badges only on cars that are the same as the badge states, all major car manufacturers these days sell "sport packages" which are just body addons that make you feel like you are driving the real deal although your 30k "AMG pack" Merc C has nothing to do with the actual AMG version.

They do look cool, undoubtedly, but at the same time I think this whole "sport package" thing has somewhat ruined the actual sports car scene glory. Every time I see a BMW M -series or a AMG or anything similar I first suspect they are not the real deal. Since 99% aren't... This coming from a person who owned a R-Line VW Golf with custom R tail lights and I really loved it but at the same time felt ashamed every time I saw a GTI or anything similar. My thoughts were something along the line "yeah, hopefully they won't drag me with my ultimately powerful 120hp 1.4 tsi"...

Well, admittedly I'd do it all again if I didn't have the money for the actual R version because honestly, looks are a big part of what you think of your car, no one can deny that.

Anyway I like the look of that spoiler, it's really subtle and clean, and I'm considering doing similar stuff to my car also after I actually fix everything that requires fixing (service first, mods second...). The rear diffuser looks ace from what I've seen, how do you like your Mina exhaust? Is your car diesel or gasoline?

Last edited by Dare; 07-01-2016 at 03:54 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:14 AM
Veteran Member

I can totally respect where you are coming from. Your point is valid in most cases when it comes to other car manufacturers and their base models, but our stock power and torque is so juicy I don't think it truly applies to us. My goal was to pump up my XF to over 400 HP. That is alot when compared to the majority (90%) of the cars on the road. I have accomplished that with the mods I have made and my XF now has the extra performance that fits the style mods that it came with, so for me if the OP wants to look the part of having an XFR then why not? I also think it is valid for those who have XFR's to be a bit touchy about someone "posing" and being kinda like a sheep in wolf's clothing ...hahahaha!!! I made a funny !!! In my case I get close enough to the supercharged HP output so I think my badge is valid...plus it came with the car..I just updated it to the new one. hehehe

Old 07-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member

I have an XFR with additional HP due to tune and pulley and exhaust. It puts me well into XFRS territory. Doesn't mean I want to add an XFRS badge.

And when the Varex exhaust is open, you don't need to look at the badge to know what's going on...

Last edited by stmcknig; 07-01-2016 at 10:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Injekter (07-05-2016)
Old 07-01-2016, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by stmcknig
I have an XFR with additional HP due to tune and pulley and exhaust. It puts me well into XFRS territory. I'd settle for an R+ badge rather than an XFRS badge.
I'd absolutely love to have one of those as well. Maybe we need to get a group purchase together and contact someone in China to get them made. Although if there was an American alternative that was reasonable I'd be more than happy to go that route as well.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
I'd absolutely love to have one of those as well. Maybe we need to get a group purchase together and contact someone in China to get them made. Although if there was an American alternative that was reasonable I'd be more than happy to go that route as well.
There are all manner of British Jag enthusiasts turning things out in their sheds (just got new aluminium flappy paddle upgrade on the way from Martyn, the stainless steel footrest with Jaguar logo) - maybe I need to mention it on the Jaginfo site and see what they come up with ;-)

Old 07-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

Go for it!

Old 07-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

Lots of Badge Police on the jaginfo forum and not much call for modified XFRs on their side of the pond, so I doubt you'll get any of them to volunteer to make an XFR+ badge.
That said, I'm in the market for a pair of these badges should anyone make them!

Old 07-02-2016, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by stmcknig
I have an XFR with additional HP due to tune and pulley and exhaust. It puts me well into XFRS territory. Doesn't mean I want to add an XFRS badge.

And when the Varex exhaust is open, you don't need to look at the badge to know what's going on...

Ahhhyes..but did your XFR already come with an XFRS badge?

Old 07-02-2016, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member

Ok..I'm done with this...I will continue this conversation with the dudes at cars and coffee.