XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Need advice - to run or not to run

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice - to run or not to run

Hey guys,

I apologize for this long post, but I really need some advice on a situation and hope you can steer me with a decision. I’ll try to make this as concise as possible.

Yesterday, I drove up to the SF Jag dealer to purchase a CPO ’09 XF that my wife kinda fell for(anniversary present). I’d been working with the salesman for three days on this and he informed me all was ready to go, so I drove all the way back up to SF BMC to pick it up.

I’m in with the Finance person about to sign the forms, but told him I needed to see the vehicle before I sign anything (hadn’t seen it for 3 days). I’m then informed by Sales that there was a problem programming a second key. The vehicle was up in the service area so we went up there and I see it actually has the diagnostic machine connected to it.

I’m informed it will not be ready that day and that I’d either have to come back the following day, or they could deliver to me. So I leave without the wife’s new car.

In the evening, Sales leaves a message that reprogramming the key led to a little software issue and that the vehicle is still not done and they’ll get back with me when it is resolved.

What do you all think? Electrical/software gremlins to stay away from? Sure, it’s CPO if there are issues, but will CPO cover those issues? And I simply don’t have the time to have the car constantly in the shop trying to get sorted out. It's really frustrating that these issues were just being uncovered at the eleventh hour (but better late than never).

I’m really starting to think to stay away from this and shop at San Jose Jag, which is only 5 miles away (they have good deals on CPO’s too). It seems that the service department in SF doesn’t communicate that well with the Sales department, so what probabilities are there that they’ll communicate issues with me if/when I take it to them?

Opinions? Sure do appreciate everyone’s time and help with this.

Thanks so much.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

The dealership seems pretty incompetant and clueless as to how to treat customers. If this is how they treat you before they have your money, do you think they're going to be any better after they have your money. Especially since they don't seem to be conveniently located to you, I would run, not walk, away from them.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

I am wondering if one the Tech's here can shed some light on what they are up to? The sales person should have checked on your car and let you know before you made the trip. Without a logical explanation as to what they could possibly be doing for a key programming, I would say no thanks.