XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

New Jag XF

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,425 Likes on 1,826 Posts
Default RE: New Jag XF

it looks like a mid-size Chrysler, it looks like a Honda or Nissan, but whatever it is, it doesn't look like a Jaguar. Well, ok, maybe I'm too conditioned to the classic look of old Jaguars, but that thing with plastic bumper "covers" is way too Toyota for my taste. From the pictures I've seen, no way. Maybe they are targeting the Toyota crowd., because they sure are not targeting me.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

I think the front end needs some restyling, because I like the rear end VERY much! Then again, this is just my opinion stated once again.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

It's not the best looking Jag .I rather looks a combination of the following brands Volvo,Lexus then Jag . Side and front end is no nowhere being a Jag [&:].
Let's see if it will boost Jag sales

Old 09-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Veteran Member

BTW, I thought that I'd mention that I really like how the leaper is put in the back of the car.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,425 Likes on 1,826 Posts

if I wanted a Lexus, I would buy a Lexus, wouldn't I ?But I think they are ugly.And I had my share of Volvo and Saab in the 1970's and 1980's. Thanks but no thanks. I'm convinced that if someone wants a good car, he/she has to go back in time to find it. Cars of today are 'disposable' appliances. Why do you think nobody buys Volkswagen or Audi? they are pretty good looking cars, but they don't last 3 months without becoming a bag of problems. I have a friend who had to sue Volkswagen to get some satisfaction with his Volky! ...bad brakes and bad electronics...You would think that by 2006 they would have the whole thing down to perfection. aarrrgggghhhhh!!!!!

Old 09-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In response to your restyling, what were the subtle changes you made. All I noticed is you shrunk the bloody grill, which I loev the huge grill.

This doesnt really look like a classic design jag, but I'm sure the inside will be as elegant as any other jags, and if it sells well it could save the company. The new xk doesnt look like a jag, but it's still a great car and jagar has to evolve, if it keeps making the same style cars then they won't attract new owners.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

However this time Jaguar might lose its traditonal and loyal buyers .So, in this respect they should have and remodel the upcoming XJ to that . I ain't keen on X350 but love XJ40 and X300 .As you see I am not purist neither old style lover lol

Old 09-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like Jaguar's current designs, but the XF will take some getting used to. I truly believe if they would have marketed Jaguar with a few commercials here and there, and throw the XK and XJ in a few rap videos (LOL), they'd sell more cars.

I love Jaguar, and my parents have me hooked on the brand, but it's more of a niche brand than anything, and that's not what makes money in the luxury market <100k. You need volume, and to this day Jaguar doesn't sell in volume.

Jaguar doesn't really need new designs, they need a new marketing team. The designs are beautiful, and they just need to market the cars a little. Don't ***** yourself out and offer incentives like the mainstreamers, but geez air a commercial during the superbowl or somethin.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Maybe they could go in with another sponser...Jag-wieser?

Old 11-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.jaguarusa.com/us/en/xf/preview/preview.htm

link above for XF preview. Is this thing replacing the S-type?

Old 12-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: SpartanX

I like Jaguar's current designs, but the XF will take some getting used to. I truly believe if they would have marketed Jaguar with a few commercials here and there, and throw the XK and XJ in a few rap videos (LOL), they'd sell more cars.

I love Jaguar, and my parents have me hooked on the brand, but it's more of a niche brand than anything, and that's not what makes money in the luxury market <100k. You need volume, and to this day Jaguar doesn't sell in volume.

Jaguar doesn't really need new designs, they need a new marketing team. The designs are beautiful, and they just need to market the cars a little. Don't ***** yourself out and offer incentives like the mainstreamers, but geez air a commercial during the superbowl or somethin.

I agree. People are still drawn to Jags, but dont hear or see many ads in the media. I have a 02 X-type and still get people drooling over it as if they think it's new (its stock!). I considered an 02 audi a4, but decided against it because my friend got one. When he saw my car he assumed I paid much more than he did. I spent a little less, but the car feels and looks more luxurious, and both are AWD. I'm convinced that better marketing would do the brand justice.

The XF looks like Jag wants to attract the lexus/BMW crowd (see how similar the 7 series and the big lex are?), as well as the VW/Audi crowd (those front lights blow). While the car is attractive, it is not attractive in a Jag sort of way. Instead, it looks like a typical Lex/BMW/VW whatever brand nice car. Only the grill makes it stand out a little. Otherwise it may as well be a lex (hence I 'm not impressed by the redesign pics in the OP).

Old 12-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Veteran Member

Preaching to the choir mate.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

i got to sit in it.. cool new features inside the car

Old 12-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in contact with a guy from UK on ebay, for a set of cufflink(Leaper) He and his friend are Jag enthusiasts and they went to the XF production place yesterday. This is what he said.

Hi,[/align][/align]Just to let you know we had a great time at Jaguar yesterday.[/align][/align]The car is being built in the same production area as the S type and the main difference in construction is the Aluminium Bonnet (Hood) which is glued and rivetted together. The rest of the car is steel unlike the XJ Series.[/align][/align]The other interesting thing is that the side panel of the XF from the rear quarter panel right through to the A post is a single pressing. There is no join where the rear Quarter panel joins the roof.[/align][/align]We were able to inspect two cars in the visitor centre, these were VIN Numbers 52 and 64. [/align][/align]I also saw VIN 19 parked outside and although a proportion are road tested we were not able to drive or ride in the completed cars. The Dealers have not yet driven them and they are going to Malaga Spain in the New Year.[/align][/align]The Majority of production is for Export and those cars all leave the factory by Rail.One reason that production moved from Browns Lane was the availability of Rail Transport.[/align][/align]The S type was always made at Castle Bromwich, and the Big Saloon Bodies were made there, then transported by road in a painted state to Browns Lane Coventry (About 20 miles) .[/align][/align]Yesterdays highest completedXF was VIN 1005 and I saw 1250 at the other end of the production line.[/align][/align]Number 502 destined for the USA was in rectification and had been there for a while by the look of things![/align][/align]The numbers are allocated at the time of build, All Markets, Engines and Colours, RHD and LHD follow on the same track.[/align][/align]Production is now increasing and a night shift starts in the new year.[/align][/align]My friend will be getting a 2.7 litre twin Turbo Diesel which is a very nice car and can return 40+ mpg.[/align][/align]This is important here as fuel is about $10.00 per gallon![/align][/align]Hope you like my cufflinks or know someone who does![/align][/align]Regards[/align][/align]Ian[/align]

Old 12-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

i like how the steel pillars are made of baron steel 80times stronger then regular steel. sweet...

Quick Reply: New Jag XF