XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

New to me 2013 XF SC Mod advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 05:43 AM
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts
Default New to me 2013 XF SC Mod advice needed

Picking up a 2013 XF 3.0 SC this week and excited to be back. Had to sell my 2011 XFR due to a health crisis but back in the Saddle I would have quickly gotten another XFR BUT my new company is based in the Northeast and I need AWD

Its white ( love white cars) 77K miles and was 15300 out the door. buying it sight unseen (third car I've done that but all form Major car dealerships for the brand. Dealer serviced

I will post pics when it arrives ( its being shipped from the dealer Bobby Rahal Jag in Pittsburgh to Philadelphia and I will have my first highway drive to CT (250 mi)

Its not certified but I now drive 2500-3K miles a month (highway) so I expect to rack up miles ( I put 225K on my Saab 9-5 so I find piling on miles fun)

As soon as I get the car, after research here, I am going with the Velocity AP tune and crank pulley.

I am looking at an exhaust and like the Mina but have been looking for info on the Topspeed Performance full exhaust with H-pipe I have not been able to find any clips to see how it sounds on this car, but on others they seem to have dialed in a nice tone (without drone) Topspeed is a full exhaust and includes the H pipe as I mentioned for the exact same price of the mina rear... So I am still investigating.

Any advice available would be appreciated

Old 02-10-2019, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,236 Likes on 1,765 Posts

Coming from an XFR I hope you will be satisfied with the V-6?
Have you driven a V-6 XJ?

Old 02-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

I have done a fair bit of research on X-pipes and H-pipes in the supercharged Jags, both V8 and V6, and come to the conclusion that it is a good idea on the V8 but a bad idea on the V6. It's to do with different firing orders, different timing of the exhaust pulses and different exhaust scavenging effects.
For the V6 all you want/need is an axle back system, if you fit an X or H pipe on the V6 you will not gain any performance and you will probably lose some, and you risk excessive drone.

The following users liked this post:
Paul Fisher (02-16-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 10:20 AM
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Coming from an XFR I hope you will be satisfied with the V-6?

Have you driven a V-6 XJ?
Haha no I will not be satisfied with the V6, I am sure of that!!! That's why I am already adding the pulley and tune. I was living in San Diego where the R was a perfect fit. but now in Connecticut so the car would had just been sitting hiding from the weather all winter and I liked it too much not to drive every day.

If a car is going to sit all winter it will be a F-type R convertible next time

Maybe (dreaming) Jag will add V8SC with AWD to the line up again and I will be back at the dealer in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by OzXFR
I have done a fair bit of research on X-pipes and H-pipes in the supercharged Jags, both V8 and V6, and come to the conclusion that it is a good idea on the V8 but a bad idea on the V6. It's to do with different firing orders, different timing of the exhaust pulses and different exhaust scavenging effects.
For the V6 all you want/need is an axle back system, if you fit an X or H pipe on the V6 you will not gain any performance and you will probably lose some, and you risk excessive drone.
The system from Topspeeed looks quite nice. The H-Pipe does not delete resonators so I would think the drone would be eliminated.

here is video on youtube.

You have to realize the stock system on the V6 SC is simply silent. I miss the burble of the stock XF-R exhaust and am not trying to get any more than closer to that and better than stock.. ( Although my sexy GF loved all the looks she got from all the guys when she drove it, she even was able to look fake being confused about where to fill it and have men in gas stations pump her gas - no not her- just to talk to her about the car haha.

Thanks for you comments, still looking into it.

EDIT: Found this :

Well, you first must decide on your plans for the car - if you are building a high-horsepower drag machine your choice will be different than a mildly modded street car. If you need a boost in low end torque, pick up an h-pipe. If it's high end horsepower later in the rpm band you seek, an x-pipe is the way to go. Keeping power in mind is important but most enthusiasts make their choice based on sound. Like previously stated - x-pipes provide a higher pitched, raspier note and can drone a bit whereas H-pipes produce a deeper, old-school muscle car growl.
Everything I am reading points me to an H pipe. I would definitely like more torque ( coming from tuned Saabs that were torque monsters) and the AWD eats up torque down low where the H-pipe is supposed to help...Less drone with H-pipe (important to me with all my highway driving More deeper sounds with H-pipe since I I am trying to get closer t the XFR throaty growl). The Velocity AP tune has plenty of HP up top so losing a few ponies up there does not worry me.

Last edited by Jssaab; 02-25-2019 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Fond new info