XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Prefacelift stereo upgrade available, Tesla style.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 08:40 AM
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
The following users liked this post:
Sean W (02-05-2021)
Old 02-05-2021, 09:09 AM
Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Great I'm not the guinea pig anymore, i can't see heated steering wheel function, and it appears this guy doesn't have premium sound, so I believe he will have to do some cutting to get sound. Like in the x150 thread.

Old 02-05-2021, 09:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,168 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Here - try these guys for your questions. I bought mine from them. They've been responsive both before and after purchase and their product has a 2 year warranty fwiw. Realistically, these are all just retailers of the product and its essentially the same option choices wherever you buy.

There is no wire cutting btw. The speaker wires are part of the unit and will fit into the OEM gray plug. You would need to add ferrule crimps to the wires but that's it. Also, it's only an assumption that base audio is a problem. It was a problem for one person on the X150 thread.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...archweb201603_

Good luck fellas

Old 02-06-2021, 07:48 AM
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Created the second part of the video.
In the video I ask for the black connector. I realized that I am an idiot, becasue that one is for the home and door lock etc. buttons on the wooden bar between the screen and the CD player.

I also realized that I most probably need a socket for the second grey connector, which I thought has to stay in the CD player. I am not sure anymore, becasue there is exactly one free space on the head unit.

Old 02-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Received 85 Likes on 79 Posts

Look at #100 of that link I posted has a diagram of the MOST

Hunnenkoenig (02-06-2021)
Old 02-06-2021, 08:31 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Carlos Saez
Thanks for helping on more information about this.
I got bored dealing with, aliexpress sellers so I got in contact with a factory. I have had some updates on some features, i got some videos and confirmation of heated steering wheel function and climate seats, but it appears there's no RHD trim yet. They even have better prices, but buying outside of aliexpress, is risky.
There's only Black trim available, I'm having a very hard time deciding, i just love the xfr dark wood and aluminium trim, not sure if I'm willing to sacrifice that for a bigger screen.
Carlos, how did you find the manufacturer?

Old 02-06-2021, 08:46 AM

This is from the xk thread....... I have SOUND! I disconnected the battery terminals, touched them together and swapped out the red-white RCA audio connections to another input (labeled as audio OUT, not audio IN) and I'm able to get sound from the new Tesla-style video screen. I immediately disconnected the straight settings and reconnected all of my ACM connections and after a brief delay ... SOUND!

Old 02-06-2021, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Hunnenkoenig
I also realized that I most probably need a socket for the second grey connector, which I thought has to stay in the CD player. I am not sure anymore, becasue there is exactly one free space on the head unit.
EDIT - I watched your Video.
FWIW, the Blue connector is GVIF. It's what displays the image from you (now no longer needed) Nav Unit.

Don't make the assumption that you're missing a connector. You likely are not. That one in the Tesla style unit remains unused on the X150 as well. It's possible (but I don't know) that it's reserved for an optional add on.

Which sound system do you have installed? I ask because that that unused gray connector in the pic could be for speakers depending on which entertainment system you have. I see there multi colored speaker wires coming out of the unit. You may need to connect wire to wire. Before doing anything with those, try plugging the connector back into the CD player. I'm not familiar with your vehicle. If the player is still connected to your sound system, those are probably the speaker wires. If that doesn't work, leave it plugged into the CD player and try swapping the MOST line labeled IAU (Integrated audio module) and with the one labeled ICM (Information and Entertainment Control Module) Plug the ICM into the can bus box and see if you get sound.

Last edited by Sean W; 02-06-2021 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-06-2021, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Sean W
EDIT - I watched your Video.
FWIW, the Blue connector is GVIF. It's what displays the image from you (now no longer needed) Nav Unit.

Don't make the assumption that you're missing a connector. You likely are not. That one in the Tesla style unit remains unused on the X150 as well. It's possible (but I don't know) that it's reserved for an optional add on.

Which sound system do you have installed? I ask because that that unused gray connector in the pic could be for speakers depending on which entertainment system you have. I see there multi colored speaker wires coming out of the unit. You may need to connect wire to wire. Before doing anything with those, try plugging the connector back into the CD player. I'm not familiar with your vehicle. If the player is still connected to your sound system, those are probably the speaker wires. If that doesn't work, leave it plugged into the CD player and try swapping the MOST line labeled IAU (Integrated audio module) and with the one labeled ICM (Information and Entertainment Control Module) Plug the ICM into the can bus box and see if you get sound.
Thank you Sean! Meanwhile I figured it out based on your x150 thread.

The smaller grey connector is, as you say, actually the speaker cables.
I have to attach the loose speaker cables from the unit to that grey plug, either cutting off the plug and tying the cables together, or tinkering some pins and stick them into the plug.

I tried with the cables putting into the plug and I got sound.

All other RCA cables don't do anything for me.

I have apparently just the base sound system.

Last edited by Hunnenkoenig; 02-06-2021 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-06-2021, 11:14 AM

That's great in one way, but wonder what needs to be done if you have premier or Bowers & Wilkins??

Old 02-06-2021, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by John Williams
That's great in one way, but wonder what needs to be done if you have premier or Bowers & Wilkins??
I assume, you simply use the other cables.
These are universal units and they have so many cables because they need to fit all variations.

I have a Jaguar since October last year and I was never a big Hi-Fi guy, so I don't know all those devices :-)
I bought my car how it is. For me it sounds good enough without any pimped sound system :-)

Old 02-06-2021, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member

Thank you Sean! Meanwhile I figured it out based on your x150 thread.

The smaller grey connector is, as you say, actually the speaker cables.
I have to attach the loose speaker cables from the unit to that grey plug, either cutting off the plug and tying the cables together, or tinkering some pins and stick them into the plug.

I tried with the cables putting into the plug and I got sound.

All other RCA cables don't do anything for me.

I have apparently just the base sound system.
OK good. In case you ever want to go back to OEM, best to keep the connector. You'll have to look at the gray connector open end and see if you can fit a pin in. This is what you want assuming you can use pins

Amazon Amazon

Hunnenkoenig (02-06-2021)
Old 02-06-2021, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sean W
Carlos, how did you find the manufacturer?
On normal alibaba here's the WhatsApp contact if you want to get in touch.

+86 156 2216 9890

Sean W (02-06-2021)
Old 02-06-2021, 03:20 PM

Created the second part of the video.
In the video I ask for the black connector. I realized that I am an idiot, becasue that one is for the home and door lock etc. buttons on the wooden bar between the screen and the CD player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nOxiXDFh70

Great could you confirm if the parking sensors are working, i didn't see them when you put it in reverse.

Old 02-06-2021, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Carlos Saez
Great could you confirm if the parking sensors are working, i didn't see them when you put it in reverse.
I didn't test everything yet. I will test tomorrow in daylight.

The device even told me that the door is open, so I think, the sensors will work too.

Actually all the connectors are used, so everything has its place. Nothing is left out. The only one is that speaker plug.

I am pretty sure that the sensors will work. I think I saw one on the right back corner displayed on my screen with the yellow-red wave lines.

Old 02-07-2021, 09:26 AM

Uploaded the final video.
In the video I say about a white plug that it might be for the parking sensors.
No, it isn't. The parking sensors work without that cable being attached.

Maybe somebody can tell what that cable is for.

The following 2 users liked this post by Hunnenkoenig:
John Williams (02-07-2021), Sean W (02-07-2021)
Old 02-07-2021, 04:00 PM

Sean W I don't think it really matters how you connect the plugs on the MOST because your just making a loop for the fibre optics. When you add a unit to the network it's just an in or out to continue the loop!
I'm wondering if the speakers connect the same way when you have the high end audio system with the amp & sub??

Old 02-07-2021, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member

Sean W I don't think it really matters how you connect the plugs on the MOST because your just making a loop for the fibre optics. When you add a unit to the network it's just an in or out to continue the loop!
I'm wondering if the speakers connect the same way when you have the high end audio system with the amp & sub??
no it doesn't appear so as long as the unplugged FO are looped, the circuit is complete. Can't say for your car but two of us on the X150 forum have premium sound (5 speakers and the amp in the XK) and just plugging in the connector and RCA jack produced full surround. Didn't need to wire in each speaker but one mate in Sweden had the base system and he had to connect each speaker wire but really not an issue to do so.

Last edited by Sean W; 02-07-2021 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-07-2021, 06:56 PM

I've been wondering the same thing, but i don't think you use the loose wires, i checked my amp it has FO cable coming out, and the speakers. I think that if the car has amp, one of the FO in the front should go from the blue box to the amp, there are some male RCA connectors i can see in the loom from the blue box, those should probably go in the RCA output of the unit which I could see are all female , the blue box is probably a RCA to FO converter.

It's probably the reason, why hunnenkoeing FO cables are not doing anything as he describes since he doesn't have amp. He probably doesn't even need the blue box.

Just guessing...tho.

Last edited by Carlos Saez; 02-07-2021 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:21 AM

Carlos......Sounds about right the amp is part of the MOST.
Anyway, once you have yours we will all know!

Quick Reply: Prefacelift stereo upgrade available, Tesla style.