XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Those of you that have extended warranties (Let's talk and share info)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 07:19 PM
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Those of you that have extended warranties (Let's talk and share info)

As the title says,

I am just here to discuss extended (aftermarket) warranties. Why? well I have had my kitty (2012 XF Portfolio) and I am already $3000 in repairs (I am kind of a dealership person). Since this was the beginning and I am already $3000 I started shopping for the extended warranties. Now I am not going to name companies because there are some negative reviews. However, when I talked to them over the phone it seemed very reassuring to get a policy with one of them. When I hear or read the reviews that people have to say about them? HORRIBLE!!!!!!!

IDK what to think anymore I am like 50/50 with this matter. I sometime read positive reviews and think, yeah maybe I should do it. Scroll down a little and then read all these horrible reviews and I am like, naaaaaah F**k it, not worth it.

So those of you in the US and have extended warranties? what are your experiences with them? have you actually had to use them and they gave you the cold shoulder or did they step in and committed to the claims?? Did they reimburse you fully or fix your car with original parts or did they pay partially or go with used/refurbished parts??

Share your experiences please,

Thanks
Sam

Old 07-25-2017, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Don't have an aftermarket one but am interested in how the Jaguar CPO warranty works after you exceed the base 4 year/50K warranty?

Any deductible? Get a loaner car or not?

Old 07-25-2017, 11:42 AM
Received 2,184 Likes on 1,356 Posts

I can tell you im dealing with a customers car with royal admin. Theyre terrible.
I like easy care and a couple others. My recommendation is go to your servicxe dealer and ask your advisor. They know the good bad and ugly. Who approves quickly without hassles and who weasels on everything!!!

Old 07-25-2017, 02:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18,796 Likes on 7,599 Posts

I had an S-Type years ago with Easy Care ..Gold warranty..from the dealer. Used it a couple of times and the dealer took care of everything, no sweat on my part.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:22 PM
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

I have a 2011 XF (82,000 miles) with that was CPO. This past fall, I had to have the timing chain, tensioners, etc. replaced. I was given a loaner (an XE with 13 miles on it). There was not only no deductible, but the entire repair was covered including a new water pump, coolant flush and oil change.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:07 PM

I was at my dealership today to pick up my vehicle but dang I forgot to ask them about the extended warranties. I read a lot about those extended warranty companies I think I'm going to throw the idea away. Most of them will approve the repairs but they want to use aftermarket, refurbished and in some cases used parts for repairs as much as possible. Also they go by some nation wide mechanic book for labor hours and won't go by the dealer/brand labor book when it comes to approved hours for repairs.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 205 Likes on 188 Posts

I've heard warranty direct was a good third party. My buddy has them on his car, hasnt had any issues with them, they take care of everything. they might be a little pricey.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by carzaddict
I've heard warranty direct was a good third party. My buddy has them on his car, hasnt had any issues with them, they take care of everything. they might be a little pricey.
Do you know if they use the term "Parts of like" which means they can use refurbished or aftermarket parts or when necessary used parts.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2012 XF portfolio with 30,000 miles. One year ago I purchased a "Jaguar Vehicle Protection Plan" warranty from a local Jaguar dealership which supposedly offers full protection until September 2020 or 75000 miles.
The car is in a garage about 22 hours a day but despite this the top of the dash [leather] is wrinkled and pulling away from the windshield exposing white foam and staples and looks like something made in Soviet Russia. The Jag dealership wants around $4000 to repair! "Sorry sir this is not covered by your warranty"
Reminds me of the days when wooden dashes on the 3.8 mark 2's used to crack and Jaguar said it was the buyers fault for buying the car in southern California!!

Old 07-28-2017, 08:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by concours
I have a 2012 XF portfolio with 30,000 miles. One year ago I purchased a "Jaguar Vehicle Protection Plan" warranty from a local Jaguar dealership which supposedly offers full protection until September 2020 or 75000 miles.
The car is in a garage about 22 hours a day but despite this the top of the dash [leather] is wrinkled and pulling away from the windshield exposing white foam and staples and looks like something made in Soviet Russia. The Jag dealership wants around $4000 to repair! "Sorry sir this is not covered by your warranty"
Reminds me of the days when wooden dashes on the 3.8 mark 2's used to crack and Jaguar said it was the buyers fault for buying the car in southern California!!
To be fair, trim is an excluded item on most of the extended warranties. I've had pretty good luck with mine. I bought it through the dealer when I bought the car used (not certified). I think it's through Allied. So far they've paid for a supercharger coolant pump, an HD radio module and a half shaft.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by concours
No extended warranty out there will cover interior issues. I doubt CPO cover that sort of thing either.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
No extended warranty out there will cover interior issues. I doubt CPO cover that sort of thing either.
My understanding CPO is Jag NA typical bumper to bumper warranty just extended longer than the regular period for a new car. I figure they should cover literally everything on the car is if you bought it new

Old 07-29-2017, 05:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by croco
My understanding CPO is Jag NA typical bumper to bumper warranty just extended longer than the regular period for a new car. I figure they should cover literally everything on the car is if you bought it new
JLR CPO is definitely not bumper to bumper. I read it long ago so don't remember the specifics, but it definitely had exclusions including "trim". There have been numerous people with CPO and dash issues that weren't covered.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:30 AM
Received 2,184 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Originally Posted by croco
no its not and they now have more exclusions like bushings that are considered "serviceable parts" are not included. I still recommend Easy care (total care package).
These flier, email, mailings and web links for extended warranties seem to be the worst you can buy. As I mentioned call your service advisor at the dealer and ask them who they get the best service with(if they have worked there for at least a few years and are not new)