XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

TPMS still not flawless

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Richter12x2
I'll chip in my two cents. 6 psi low may be easy to spot in large sidewall tires, but the low profile tires I have on the XFS and that I had on my previous 540, basically ALWAYs looked flat to the eye (especially if the front tires are at an angle).

I'd like to know the actual pressures, too, because we just had a cold snap, which caused two of the tires to read low. That's expected, and I can take care of it. Well, a few days later, colder again, and another warning for one of the same tires. So I figured ok, it's running a little low, I'll take care of it when we get home. Then come outside ready to leave and think "Okay, that really DOES look low". So I filled it up on the spot and was reading like 16 psi. If I hadn't just happened to walk by on the passenger side, I would have just assumed it was fine.

So while the current system is better than nothing, because I might not have noticed my passenger rear tire was low, I still think actual numbers would be an improvement.
Wholehertedly agree that Jaguar cheaped out when they didn't adopt individual TPMS by wheel psi readings. I used to get a kick out of calling up the screen on an A8 and being able to see the pressure of all four tires and the spare, along with tire temperatures. In the category of beating a dead horse on this issue, I found it intersting that the actual tire temp did vary by up to 10 degrees if one side of the car was exposed to the sun constantly while the other was shaded... Would I then stop at the next gas station to adjust the pressures? Uhhh, no.