XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

(Warrantied) XF Supercharged Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (Warrantied) XF Supercharged Problems

Hello All,

I have a 2009 Supercharged XF that is certified and was bought last July. After a recent trip the right rear tire was losing air so I took it over to discount tire to have them look at it. The tire is toast, is separating and is not the only one. The tech said it looks like an alignment issue. I know the warranty doesn't cover tires but I was assured when buying that the car was thoroughly gone over and everything was in tip top shape. (I did check the tires, briefly, and the centers on them all were and are still good on tread, didn't think to check the insides where the issues are.) If not new/discounted tires I would think an alignment should be free. There is no way the 3,000 miles I have driven in the last six months has done that to the tires.

Additionally the dash is separating. I called the dealership to make and appt. and they said the certified warranty won't cover it (it is out of its normal warranty.) Does this sound right to you all? I would think this to be a pretty intensive (not to mention expensive) item to cover and one that I know talking to other jag owners has been a common problem.

Also I have taken the car in multiple times due to the speedometer and tachometer bouncing around at speed. They keep telling me it is fixed but it is not.

I have also been getting rough starts, or occurrences where it starts then dies and seems to be ok once I restart it again. They again said their is no issue.

Add to all of this a intermittent TPMS problem and I am about to loose it.

Advice would be welcome on how to deal with this going forward.

Thanks,

Derek

Old 10-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

A lot of extended warranties only cover powertrain. What warranty do you have?

You can hit a pothole at any time and blow the alignment out but I doubt that is the case. My front tires were wearing badly on the outsides. They said it just needed an alignment so I bought an alignment. It sucks but I doubt a dealer is going to do an alignment on every car they bring in and resell. As long as the car isn't pulling to one side they aren't going to think it's needed.

I've heard of the dash issue. I've never experienced it. It's probably related to the sun beating down on the dash.

I haven't heard of the other issues.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:55 PM

It is a certified jag warranty, they said bumper to bumper......

Old 10-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The dash is covered by that warranty. Sounds like that dealership sucks, go to a different one.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by wcoy
The dash is covered by that warranty. Sounds like that dealership sucks, go to a different one.
There is only one where I live, the next closest is about 300 miles away.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bummer. I have always had good luck when I contact the manufacturer directly, express your displeasure with the dealership. Or ask to talk to a manager at the dealership first and try and talk to him man to man.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:57 PM

Update:

After a lengthy discussion they are going to replace the dash and are going to give me a free alignment as well as 4 new tires at cost after initially telling me I was sol.

Happy with the result, no idea why they initially told me they weren't going to cover any of it.