XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

XFR-S Do I Dnt I

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 12:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default XFR-S Do I Dnt I

Hi,

I have just yesterday test drove a XFR-S 2014 plate with 35000 miles on the clock.

Previous cars (I will start from the very start)
Nissan Micra 1Litre
BMW 535I Sport V8 Loved it!
Range Rover Vogue 4.2 Supercharged Had her for 7 Years now love her to bits.

But she is now 10 years old and thinking of an upgrade

Test drove the XFR-S and the XJ 3.0 limo. Instantly fell in love with the XFR-S.

So am i here asking you lovely people should i or shouldn't i. is there anyone that owns one and can tell me the pet hates/loves and and warnings to watch out for???

I'm so torn at the moment.

Little about me I am a mother of two young children but still want some fun in my life!!!!!

I look forward to your comments

Old 06-27-2018, 03:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 273 Posts

You only live once, and tomorrow is not promised to ANYONE!

The following users liked this post:
MarkN (07-20-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 03:17 PM

Ha ha that's exactly what I keep selling myself.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:23 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Not trying to be a butt head, but the 535 has always had an inline 6, at least here in the states. It only got my attention because my wife has had a few.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:26 PM

My bmw was a V8 I'm afraid. It was a 2000 W reg and I can confirm that it was indeed a V8 . It had a M62 V8 engine .

Old 06-27-2018, 03:32 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok cool. No offense intended.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:35 PM

None Taken ;-)

Old 06-27-2018, 04:00 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default XFR-S

If the XFR-S was in my reach, and it came with a warranty, no doubt I would go for it. I have a 2010 XF Supercharged. As long as you're not concerned with fuel economy, and the dealer will provide a extended warranty go for it. In my experience I have learned that 5.0 liter Supercharged V8 eats gas. Go into Beast Mode!!! You will have the baddest stock XF ever made!!! A true Performance machine.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:11 PM

Thank you for your comment. I've been offer full warranty and breakdown assist for 2 years plus service and mot before it is handed over to me. I've have a range rover vogue 4.2 supercharged which is always run on premium petrol so cost of fuel is not an issue .Wouldn't be considering one if i did .alth althmost people around me will now their heads in shame at my fuel bills lol.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:28 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like the vehicle is within your budget. Go for it!! In the area I live in (Oklahoma) its very difficult, almost impossible to find an XFR-S. We are lucky to even find a standard XFR at our dealers.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 436 Likes on 385 Posts

There are a couple of XFR-S owners on here so will let them comment. For all intents it's the same as the 5.0 SC and the XFR model with some cosmetic and a few functional changes (stronger tune, forged lighter wheels, louder exhaust etc). And there are many of us on here with the XFR / 5.0 SC who are very happy with them

Overall reliability is good and performance amazing. Some niggles eg water pumps fail, but in general most people have really enjoyed them. Search around the forum
I've had my 5.0 SC for 5+ years now and it's terrific.

So I'd say if service and warranty included then go for it!

Old 06-27-2018, 09:23 PM
Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

I say go for it!!!

You will not regret it. I had a 2012 XFR, and am now the proud owner of a 2015 XFR-S, and can honestly say it always puts a a smile on my face when I look at it, let alone drive it!!!

As others have said, you only live once + you don’t regret the things you do, it’s the things you don’t do!!!

As for fuel economy, really depends on how you drive it, I would say it is probably the most efficient forced induction V8 on the market, but I am biased

Old 06-28-2018, 07:59 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

I'm so jealous...
Looked high and low for a V8 super last winter but ended up trading my S-Type 4.2 for an XF V6. There were no late model V8 cars available within thousands of miles (just checked, and found a bunch in California and Texas, unfortunately I'm in New England...).
================================================== =
You dreamed of a big star -
He played a mean guitar -
He loved to drive his Jaguar...

So welcome to the machine

Old 06-28-2018, 12:49 PM

Wow, Thank you for all the positive responses.

Well ive been talking to the garage today and will be calling tomorrow to put the holding deposit tomorrow. Seems i just cant resist it.

My Only pitfalls..... Found out they they have had it since 19/05/18 would this worry you???? or are people just not wanting to purchase a car like this.
The drivers side back tire literally has chunks of rubber missing/hanging off but alloy is perfect condition!!!!
Slight scratch in the carbon fiber lower central insert!!! (Jaguar wont fix this due to the costs!!!!)
Servicing has been done every feb!!! apart from this year it hasn't been done yet (Would this worry you???) (They will service this before handing it over to me!

Its also All Black!!!! and i was really after the blue or White XFR-S but i have been told blue will be near in possible to find due to how rare it is

Dealer is offering full approved warranty and breakdown for two years (I've had approved land rover for my land rover since owning her till may this year so understand the warranty quite well)

So i'm guessing would you buy it!!!!!

Old 06-28-2018, 03:54 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll add my suggestions to 'go for it', however there are 7 XFR-S's on autotrader at the moment in the uk, of which 3 are blue and one is white, so I think your dealer has been giving you the hard sell with the 'blue is rare' bull$hit. There's even a red one

A couple of other jaguar-related suggestions, depending on your budget and how attached you are to the looks of the XFR-S:
- might be worth trying an xfr, as I've read that the XFR-S's suspension is ~30% stiffer so you may find it rides more comfortably (this will be down to personal tastes though);
- You'll probably be able to find an XJR or 5.0SC XJ for similar money to the XFR-S. The 3.0 XJ will probably feel terribly underpowered compared to the XFR-S, but the XJR should be more comparable (same engine). It also uses Jag's aluminium platform which means it's about the same weight as the XF.

Might be worth getting them to put a new pair of (decent) tyres on the rear if one looks to be heavily damaged, and I think it would be worth questioning them about why it hasn't been serviced this year. I wouldn't be worried about it being up for sale for a month or so - I doubt these things sell quickly!

​​​​​​​Best of luck whatever you decide to do

Old 06-28-2018, 11:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2013 XFR-S.
Do it.
Just drove mine 150 miles today.
It is a beast on the highway.
Had XFR before, this is a whole other level.
Can't believe they stopped making them.

Old 06-30-2018, 02:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,216 Likes on 1,754 Posts

If your coming from a 4.2L SC with the 6 speed ZF to the 5.0L SC with the 8 speed ZF get ready to be impressed!
That's EXACTLY what I did going from a 2005 S Type R to a 2014 XJR.

So much better mileage with over the top power! DI and the 8 speed really help.
Drive one and see for yourself!

Old 07-05-2018, 05:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

its a grate car good luck with your purchase.

Old 07-06-2018, 03:22 PM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I think it's "hot" to have a mother of two driving an XFR-S! You don't often see too many females in one. Have fun! I have a 2012 5.0 NA Portfolio, wish I could have gotten my hands on an XFR or XFR-S but they were not available when I bought my XF. I had to upgrade things like the audio system, take the speed limiter off, will be upgrading the exhaust system... all things which would have been standard on the XFR or XFR-S.
If you want to travel in style, the XJL (long wheelbase) is the car to have, especially for the comfort for the rear passengers. The 3.0 will definitely feel underpowered compared to the 5.0 Supercharged. It's a big, luxurious, executive sedan. Drives pretty nimble, but definitely not the sport sedan you'll have with the XFR-S. If you want something really fun, drop down to the F-Type SVR! ;-) more choices!!!

Old 07-08-2018, 01:08 AM
Default Oops it's happening

Oh no!!!!!

Looks like I made the jump and what the jump I made.

Nearly got swayed by a white XJR 5.0 in white .She was beautiful .

Thank you for all the lovely comments. Here is a little pic of her I will be picking her up next Saturday

My poor little rangie in the back weeping slightly that she has been upgraded.

Quick Reply: XFR-S Do I Dnt I