XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

2013 Jaguar XJL super charge

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2022, 08:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry 2013 Jaguar XJL super charge

I have a 2013 xjl that the dash board lights blinks like a christmas tree all the lights and than stop. It happens about once of twice every two week .please any has this going on andif so what did you do.

Old 03-15-2022, 09:55 AM
GGG
Received 16,827 Likes on 12,179 Posts

Welcome to the forums ycjones,

I've moved your question from Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Centre to X351 forum. Members here with the same model will be able to help.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 03-16-2022, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,191 Likes on 3,405 Posts

Originally Posted by ycjones
I have a 2013 xjl that the dash board lights blinks like a christmas tree all the lights and than stop. It happens about once of twice every two week .please any has this going on andif so what did you do.
Welcome to the Forum. I have a few questions.
1. Your Public Profile shows that you're in the USA, but doesn't include your state or city. Batteries are affected by climate, so it would be helpful to know whether you're in Arizona or North Dakota and if you have a garage or park outdoors. Extremely hot and cold weather is a battery killer.
2. When did you buy your 2013 XJL and do you know the age of your batteries (primary and secondary)? How long after you bought your XJL did it take for the Christmas tree display to first happen? Does your XJ have the proper AGM batteries? Conventional batteries should not be used in the XJ. Are your battery terminals clean and tight?
3. Do you drive your XJL daily? How many miles a day? If you don't drive enough, the battery will not get fully charged. In that case, you should use a battery maintainer. See: CTEK Battery Maintainer Installation

Jaguars are well known for being sensitive to low batteries. There are several things you can do to minimize electrical gremlins.

First thing to check are your batteries - the large primary battery and the small stop-start battery. Weak batteries cause electrical glitches. Your local national big box auto parts store will load test your battery for free.

Do you have anything plugged into the OBDII port in the lower dash under the steering wheel? Leaving a device plugged into that port can cause the Christmas tree display. I know that from experience.

When you shut off the engine the car goes into Convenience Mode and it takes around 20 minutes to shut off. Locking the doors shuts off Convenience Mode, although the car never completely shuts off electrically. Always lock your XJ, even when parked in your garage.

Never leave your Smartkey fob in the car, as it will remain in Convenience Mode and drain the battery.

Last edited by Stuart S; 03-16-2022 at 10:41 AM.