XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Amirante Wheel Offset and Custom Volvos

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 07:14 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Amirante Wheel Offset and Custom Volvos

Good evening,

I have been searching for a special wheel set to put on my custom Volvo wagon. Since Jaguar and Volvo share a wheel bolt pattern and center bore, it's a natural path of exploration. The Amirante wheel has always fascinated me in that it's kind of a quintessential old money ugly and also rather modern; polarizing but interesting. It's doubly interesting to me because I also have always loved Jaguars and I know it was first found on x351 Super Sports. Unfortunately, all my money is invested in Volvo, so I'm stuck in the Swedish camp -- I have a SIGNIFICANT amount of Volvos, so there is no switching at this point, but maybe we can mix and match for a little of both?

I found a set of said wheels and wonder can they actually fit on my car though? My car is currently is running a 20x8 et55 on a jaguar sized tire at 255/35-20 all the way around without issue. I know the Amirante wheels are staggered at a 9" and 10" variations, but I don't know what their offsets are. I have already run tests of XF 20" wheels and don't have issues with their staggered sizes, but I'm finding mixed information on the XJ wheel offsets. Which is why I am posting on this side of the forum. I would rather avoid trying to find 4 fronts if I can, but am not apposed to it if I have to. It's just less convenient than purchasing a set.

Any feedback?

I appreciate any information provide, the photo bellow is of my Volvo with it's current wheel set waiting for something "extra special." I doubt the if purchased the Amirante wheel set would be a permanent fixture, but I am a bit of a wheel collector and perhaps I only want to have a good excuse to have a set?

Old 10-17-2018, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 413 Posts

I believe the offset is in millimeters
Front wheel Offset 20”, 9"J, 49 offset
Rear Wheel Offset 20”, 10"J, 46 offset
BTW the SuperSports have the Matiava Wheels

Last edited by XJsss; 10-17-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by XJsss
Front wheel Offset 20”, 9"J, 49 offset
Rear Wheel Offset 20”, 10"J, 46 offset
Thank you. This put the rear wheels the same as the XK offset and that will stick out to much. That's unfortunate. :sigh: I guess I will need XF wheels or a full set of fronts. Pretty hard thing to do for a wheel as rare as Amirante.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:33 AM

Whatever it's worth, I did pick up a set of Selenas, Sentas, and Sepangs already to try for this car and both in the end I didn't think quite fit the car. I've been watching for Callistos, Dracos, and Nevis.

I've got through quite a few sets of wheels for this car but I still haven't found what I'm looking for... I've been stuck on the idea that this car should have Jaguar wheels, but it doesn't seem to be working out.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:11 PM

Continuing this question for a minute: my old Super 8 had damaged wheels and since the standard Portfolio wheels are so hard to come by, I put a set of Mataiva's from a Super Sport on it. These should have the same offset as the Amirante wheels, right? I would think that the rear wheels should be poking out of the arches from the offset change?

I no longer have the car, so I can't do a comparison, but it would seem like the offset of the X350 is a very similar offset to Volvo and X351 list the same as the XK? I still have the CL600, but I think I would rather have the jag back...

This is running an staggered XF set

Vs this on the same car with rear Senta XK wheel that should be the same offset as the XJ rear wheels?

This is probably redundant information but bear with me as I think out loud...