XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Best spot for fast pass/easy pass??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best spot for fast pass/easy pass??

Hi Guys:
Just wondering where do u guys put the fastlane pass? I find that when I put it behind the mirror(like I do for all my other cars), it's too far and the machines don't read it fast enough before giving me the green light so I'd have to slow down to a crawl to watch for the green light, or just hold the pass way out in front of the windshield to get a quick reading.

Been thinking about painting the white pass black and mount it at the base of the windshield. But figure I get a general opinion before I go to something so drastic. It's a brand new pass so there's no weak battery issue.

Thanks.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have SunPass down here in FL, and it doesn't have any batteries, it's just an RFID "sticker" that goes on the car. I have mine mounted (from the driver's seat perspective) just to the right (and about the same level) as the mirror. That makes it impossible to see from the driver's side.

Mine seems to be working fine, I was through 5-6 toll booths yesterday with it and didn't have any problems. Again, this system is a bit different than yours though, no batteries required, and the sticker is quite a bit smaller than the old "box style" EzPass transmitters.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

I have mine mounted behind the mirror and have not had any issues with signal detection. I use the toll roads here on a daily basis and once in a while I will encounter a booth that does not read the fastpass correctly but it is usually the lane itself and not the car because it will fail consistently with all my cars (I alternate cars daily). A quick note to the local toll agency via their website usually corrects the issue within a day or so.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a license plate mounted one. I have had this type on my BMW for 12 years and put it on my XJ as well.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

External one here too. Mounted behind the grill. Call them to get it. It's free here in the Bay Area (Fastrack). I don't care if it goes off or not, though. I just have my plates registered (did it online for my moto and called for the car. Either works fine). Theres no cost difference either way, but I always go over Fastrack bridges. Not sure what happens when you are "out of network"

Old 08-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Like RippedPuma mine is a sticker you apply to the windshield. Check with your provider and see if they have the same thing. We have a grocery store here in Florida called Publix and they sell them there. No more clunky thing!